• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mexican president cancels Trump summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horns

Great sign of things to come when the 3rd largest trading partner will not meet with the president because he is an asshole.

AdanVC

First good thing Enrique Peña Nieto has done since he became President. Good for cancelling on that orange prick.

Please, every country push back against Trump's insanity. I know it isolates us but he cannot have victories associated with these current foreign policy tactics. For the betterment of the world, show us the consequences of electing this lunatic so he can be dealt with as soon as possible.

E92 M3

All according to keikaku*

BNPXUNG.png

Dai101

Banned
For those that are scared for any kind of crisis

Oh, you think crisis is your ally ese! But you merely adopted the crisis; WE were born in it, moulded by it. We didn't see the economic growth until we were already a man, by then it was nothing to me but bullshit!

**Credit to kitsune fir the og idea

By the time i was able to vote i have already lived trough 1 major crisis and 2 devaluations. This shit don't scare me.

gutshot

Every country in the globe needs to start cancelling on Trump

Theresa May won't, of course, because the current UK government is as insane as that of the US.

She's going to meet him tomorrow, she's going to get shafted and she's not only going to like it, she's also going to proclaim the meeting a huge success.

Shame our prime minister Theresa May is willing to lose all integrity to be one of trumps lackey. Props to the Mexican president but trump is going to have a diva reaction.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Trump: "I never wanted to meet with him in the first place. I'm happy."

*Cries into tiny hands*

"Who is going to pay for my wall now?"

liquidtmd

Banned
Theresa May won't, of course, because the current UK government is as insane as that of the US.

She's going to meet him tomorrow, she's going to get shafted and she's not only going to like it, she's also going to proclaim the meeting a huge success.

You're right of course.

It's a game of poker between her and the EU27 and she has no cards. I just hope the rest of the world has more dignity

hawk2025

Texas exports massive amounts to Mexico.

Some of you guys are SEVERELY overplaying the US bargaining position here. It's not about the country as a whole, but which border states can impact the president.

Will Trump piss off Texas for a wall? Do you understand what happens to Texas if Mexico retaliates to a tariff?

ColdPizza

Banned
In before Sean Spicer 1:30pm press conference about how Trump cancelled it first. (Which will of course be 20 minutes late)

Trump sent out a Tweet saying this... " If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting." at 8:55 this morning.

Heysoos

Texas exports massive amounts to Mexico.

Some of you guys are SEVERELY overplaying the US bargaining position here. It's not about the country as a whole, but which border states can impact the president.

Will Trump piss off Texas for a wall? Do you understand what happens to Texas if Mexico retaliates to a tariff?

Border towns too. A lot of my area's economy is tied to Mexico.

hawk2025

Border towns too. A lot of our economy is tied to Mexico.

Indeed.

And like mentioned above, Latin America was born of misery and exploitation, while the US flipped the fuck out and elected a fascist racist while uneployment was low but wages were kinda-stagnant.

You think Americans can handle 10% inflation and a trade war in MULTIPLE fronts?

Please.

jmdajr

Incredible. They know how fucking dumb this is and they just go along with it because they know they'll get primaried if they don't. Trumpets are a cancer.

The primary process has pretty much, ruined everything. Not any idiot used to be able to run. Now it's anyone with a pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom