• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Three

I’ve seen some tweets about Microsoft and Bloodborne on twitter;

What the hell?

MS lawyers throwing nonsense out there in October and some twitter lobbying resurfacing it:
MS have lost their minds.

Somehow they think Sackboy: A big adventure and Bloodborne are "third party content". They are Sony published games and IP. Not only that but they bring up Bloodborne here as "excluded from xbox" for some reason.

Does this mean we can expect to get Ori, Dead Rising 3, Crackdown, Ryse, Quantum break, and Fable on Playstation because you clearly don't seem to understand what first party content is?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The price point is the issue. other than that, every gamer that is not a fanboy likes that outcome. Imagine activision being owned by google, facebook or amazon
Which shows the CMA is biased.

"oh you aren't allowed to buy Activision Microsoft, because Sony is too poor to bid".

Which shows CMA and ftc is protecting Sony as a company.

It will always affect the other console manufacturer no matter the price point. Doesn't matter if they pay 1 million of one billion.

Acquisitions should just generally be illegal because if will always affect people not owning the platform.

The meds were never for me. You always wanted to believe you were normal like the other kids, so we mixed the meds in with your cheese.

You're retarded, son.
Boy, now look here. How in the hell could you say something like that with a straight face? I know you're upset because all the other kids pick on you for wearing a bicycle helmet, and I know you're mad at me for your cleft palate. But you gotta believe me. I had no idea your mother was my sister. And it's not like we didn't try and abort you, but how was I supposed to know the Dr. was drunk?

Now go take your meds, and get in bed. I'll be in there shortly to lock your cage.

feynoob

Gold Member
Which shows the CMA is biased.

"oh you aren't allowed to buy Activision Microsoft, because Sony is too poor to bid".

Which shows CMA and ftc is protecting Sony as a company.

It will always affect the other console manufacturer no matter the price point. Doesn't matter if they pay 1 million of one billion.

Acquisitions should just generally be illegal because if will always affect people not owning the platform.
:messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless:
I beg to god, where is common sense these days.

Topher

Gold Member
Boy, now look here. How in the hell could you say something like that with a straight face? I know you're upset because all the other kids pick on you for wearing a bicycle helmet, and I know you're mad at me for your cleft palate. But you gotta believe me. I had no idea your mother was my sister. And it's not like we didn't try and abort you, but how was I supposed to know the Dr. was drunk?

Now go take your meds, and get in bed. I'll be in there shortly to lock your cage.

It only took 321 pages for this thread to git gud.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member

You need a better comeback.

angry hey arnold GIF

feynoob

Gold Member
It’s been claimed by Insider Gaming sources that Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, has implied that the company doesn’t view Xbox Game Pass as competition, despite the company expressing concerns about Microsoft’s proposed acquisition of Activision Blizzard.
Tell that to the clauses that blocks gamepass access.

My god, this acquision is getting crazy as time goes on.

xHunter

anthony2690

The real question is does Sony/MS even *want* to buy EA ? I don't think it makes anywhere close to bank like Activision does (if I'm wrong, please correct me).
I think EA are quite enticing.

If they can get a good battlefield game out day one, it would be insanely popular, especially when you see how quickly bf2042 got 20+ million YouTube views within days.

EA sports FC will literally print money and no need to pay for FIFA license anymore.

Apex legends is obviously a really popular live service game.

Very well received and popular single player star wars games.

Need for speed ip, not as popular as it once was, but I think it's a good title away from a resurgence, even though most seem to like unbound, it got next to no marketing.

Burnout ip, it's literally screaming for a reboot at this point.

F1 licenses.

Wrc licenses

EA original games have been pretty much nothing but hits imo.

The list goes on and on tbh.

I hope they stay third party though.

feynoob

Gold Member
Has anyone implied it was higher than 25m? I remember when the CEO of Take2 was talking to Phil he said something to the effect of "It has to be near 30M right?" and Phil only restated the previous released number.
Sony document to CMA said it was 29m.

feynoob

Gold Member
Made up numbers by lawyers. How would Sony know how many subscribers Game Pass has without an official disclosure from Microsoft?
Which is hillarous, considering they are downplaying the numbers in this article.
Its like they are not in sync with their lawyers.

Fitzchiv

I really think they will get this deal down, but I also think ms will strongarm more and more pubs buyouts. Sony won't vanish but it will come niche eventually. I hope the people cheerleading for these acquisitions will still like the industry in 1 or 2 decades. Iam sure it wont be for me anymore.
It amazes me people think the industry now, having seen Sony's success and practices burn the likes of Sega out of the hardware business, push Nintendo out of the "premium" TV console space and away from its traditional segments, and but for their deep pockets see a company like Microsoft become a distant and minor competitor, is such a fantastic status quo.

I've owned several PlayStation's, and even I can see Sony's success has been at the detriment of a diverse industry with broader ideas of what hardware gaming can mean.

ReBurn

Gold Member
These thinktanks are just hyperbole machines. Nobody is asserting that the FTC itself is unconstitutional.

The assertion is that the FTC process whereby it uses its own administrative court to hear FTC lawsuits and exact outcomes is unconstitutional. The FTC's administrative court is not part of the judicial branch of the government. The argument is that the way the FTC is using the administrative court exceeds the powers granted under the FTC Act, violates the separation of powers that the constitution defines, and deprives companies that are being sued by the FTC timely access to Federal courts and, by extension, of their right to due process and equal protection under the law.

We'll see if the Supreme Court agrees next summer when they decide on Axon vs. FTC. If they agree with Axon it could lead to companies being able sue to bypass the administrative court and have FTC lawsuits heard in Federal court without having to go through the FTC's administrative process before they can appeal.

None of the quotes Ryan said in this article match with "Sony doesnt view xbox game pass as competition"
None of those quotes even match with reality.

• Ryan is quoted as saying that the number of Gamepass subscribers is shrinking with not a shred of evidence to suggest as much.

• Ryan is quoted as saying that the Gamepass subscriber count is in the "low 20's", when the latest figures from Microsoft (as well as Sony themselves) have placed that figure significantly higher.

• We know for certain that Sony includes specific language in their 3rd party contracts that specifically prevents games from going on Gamepass.

• Sony's own formal complaints to Brazilian regulators cite Gamepass specifically as a competitor that they struggle to compete with, and as being significantly more successful than their own comparable offering.

• Sony recently had to rebrand it's own subscription offerings and combine the two due to non-existent growth, and abysmal subscriber counts due to PSNow failing to reach even 5 million.

Even Jim's biggest critics wouldn't believe he'd be so incompetent as to claim these things. These quotes attributed to him sound like something a fanboy or yurinka would say. If Jim Ryan stood there with a straight face and made these claims despite his recent statements to regulators, and expected his own employee's to believe it... Then Sony as a company is in serious trouble.

reksveks

1) Sony won't really know the number of GP subscribers
2) it would be interesting to see how explicitly Jim Ryan's comments are or if Tom and the employer is maybe implying it. If it's explicit, It would be interesting to see if MS's lawyers possibly ask for that townhall's dictation (obvious redacted

Topher

Gold Member
None of those quotes even match with reality.

• Ryan is quoted as saying that the number of Gamepass subscribers is shrinking with not a shred of evidence to suggest as much.

• Ryan is quoted as saying that the Gamepass subscriber count is in the "low 20's", when the latest figures from Microsoft (as well as Sony themselves) have placed that figure significantly higher.

• We know for certain that Sony includes specific language in their 3rd party contracts that specifically prevents games from going on Gamepass.

• Sony's own formal complaints to Brazilian regulators cite Gamepass specifically as a competitor that they struggle to compete with, and as being significantly more successful than their own comparable offering.

• Sony recently had to rebrand it's own subscription offerings and combine the two due to non-existent growth, and abysmal subscriber counts due to PSNow failing to reach even 5 million.

Even Jim's biggest critics wouldn't believe he'd be so incompetent as to claim these things. These quotes attributed to him sound like something a fanboy or yurinka would say. If Jim Ryan stood there with a straight face and made these claims despite his recent statements to regulators, and expected his own employee's to believe it... Then Sony as a company is in serious trouble.

You are putting a lot of effort into clickbait article based an entirely anonymous source who may or may not be relaying accurate information.

I dont think you want to go there.
You shouldn't think so much. It'll just make you look worse. From the last lengthy post you made for example.
Tomb raider sold 95m overall, and it's still (A) small game.

What you need to account (for,) is how strong (is) the series (is), how much can each installment sells (sell), how much (many) players would switch to other system. (systems)

EA, take 2, and Ubisoft have (an) insane userbase. EA with sports games, and battlefield. Take 2 with GTA and their sports games, Ubisoft and their Tom Clancy's and assasin creed games.

Each of those games currently have more (a higher) userbase which can tilt the balance, if they were to become exclusive.

GTA V alone had (has) sold 160+m sales.
Corrections, errors, and strong evidence that English isn't your first language are in parentheses. Might I remind you that this is merely from a single post.
Steam deck, and my bet is that it will pass this year.
If it doesnt, I would myself close to bald.
Regret Lol GIF by Outside TV
Aside from the fact that you're not even aware of what year it currently is, how does one "close to bald" exactly?

You're way beyond your depth here bud. Just because me and ass can of whooping aren't wearing floaties, doesn't mean you get to leave the kiddie pool.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
enlighten me then.
Is not like discovering the holy grail at all. You just need to think logically and see the patterns in real life:

1. Xbox had to justify its existence (in terms of budget) to MS:

This is why Xbox One had that bullshit "synergy" with windows 8, Kinect and TV = in order to reach 100 millions people inside United States = they failed.

Xbox was budget constrained for a long time. It was not until Phill was promoted and lay down his vision to MS, that this one decided to put the money necessary.

VxUKisQ.jpg
nUAIadf.jpg

FIRST POINT:
Microsoft dosen't care about videogames as a medium, they only care about numbers going up. (revenue-profits and MAU). (the idea) of this acquisition fulfills this need.

Xbox, which should care about video games as a medium, has shown incompetence for a long time.

This dichotomy between Xbox and MS; between a creative medium and business could create massive issues down the line.

2. These acquisitions are not a guarantee. (sure, MS will see growth in numbers out of the gate...also expenses)

One of the nature outcome of acquisition/mergers:

xEktan8.jpg
BRBQjg6.jpg
jIi35cs.jpg
6SJrv2e.jpg

But also culture clash, egos, friction, organizational turmoil inside and across these subsidiaries.

Is it
Xbox>Bethesda>Activision (or any of its permutations)
Or
Xbox - Bethesda - Activision.

rfDcj8i.jpg
ekozOlh.jpg

This aspect was allued by Hoeg law talking about the marketing/PR talk between Xbox-Bethesda regarding Strafield.

Also is very well know that rapid expansions are tricky to say the least.

SECOND POINT:
MS is not buying machines, its buying people. A lot of those people are creative individuals. Being part of a massive enterprise reduces your meaningful creative input.

The financial pressures of a Triple-trillion dollar company...are going to trickle down to Xbox = creative and business limitations or "guidelines"

We can see this effects on Disney and Playstation themselves.

3. Game Pass: The false promise-land that kind of works.

You could keep crying about "is not about AAA games" but IT IS about AAA games.

Exhibit A:
Green influencers angry at Xbox about their lack of AAA output and announcements. (I mean; I don't even need to put screenshots/links)

Exhibit B:
Game Pass not reaching projections for 2 years in a row. Why? They don't have AAA content to drive subscriptions.

Netflix projected a loss of 2 Million subscribers; they lost half of that. Why?:
TeTOBPP.jpg

Because AAA/Blockbuster content has more scope/marketing/quality = more people are aware of it. And its more "mainstream".
FM1Retd.jpg

sAW9Tr8.jpg

kCFiQ1F.jpg

But the production of these big shows aint cheap or guaranteed success:

WM7BrHh.jpg

671qiYB.jpg

IDXHZvV.jpg

RQHvJNf.jpg

qrRL43J.jpg

POINT THREE:
MS buying publishers is an act of desperation and not a carefully calculated move= the actual hard work is just beginning for them.

How all of this is good consumers?

1. Devs leave or being layoff =
creation of new studios and IPs.

2. Sony gonna have to increase competition /invest more in it's services and existing/new Studios =
more value for consumers, More games.

3. Embracing different business models =
  • Traditional AAA games
  • AA (or even indies) games with high production values (Kena, Hellblade, Stray, high on life).
  • Early access, community driven dev-cycle -feedback- (Hades, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Darkest Dungeon etc...)
  • Episodic games more feasible in subscriptions. Shorter dev cycle

• Freemiun/GaaS/ Free-toPlay games (Genshing Impact, Warzone, Overwatch 2, Fornite etc...)
The last point actually is in direct competition with the subscription services model.

4. An unprecedented opportunity for game developers/videogame production
to make a better/sustainable work-life conditions and wages.
  • Unionization
  • Royalties/Residuals.

CONCLUSION:
This deal is the best thing that can happen to the video game industry; not because of it, but because of the consequences of it.

You are putting a lot of effort into clickbait article based an entirely anonymous source who may or may not be relaying accurate information.
What exactly do you consider "a lot of effort"? I would hardly consider pointing out the bullshit in that article as taking effort.

feynoob

Gold Member
Corrections, errors, and strong evidence that English isn't your first language are in parentheses. Might I remind you that this is merely from a single post.
You are in a forum. No one cares about English grammar.

Aside from the fact that you're not even aware of what year it currently is, how does one "close to bald" exactly?
2023 is when the deal closes. So it's that year. But the tone makes it this year, which I admitted my mistake.
As for close to bald, are you blind? Look at that mans hair. That is what it means. Is that a hard term for you?🤨
You're way beyond your depth here bud. Just because me and ass can of whooping aren't wearing floaties, doesn't mean you get to leave the kiddie pool.
My depth is like a black hole. Sorry that you can't comprehend it.

Please, put more effort to it next time.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
You shouldn't think so much. It'll just make you look worse. From the last lengthy post you made for example.

Who gives a fuck about someone's English? Fuck sake man.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Read my post above and the SEC filing. They weren't actively looking for buyers and haven't had discussions on any buyout/price prior to MS proposal since 2013. MS just came in with an offer and Kotick did what any smart director would do. Seeked any better offers, formally got none, and returned to MS to negotiate price. That's even assuming the rumour is true.
Your version of events isn't exactly supported by the SEC filing, either. What you're saying and what other people are saying can simultaneously be true:
  • Activision may not have been actively seeking a buyer
  • Multiple companies expressed interest in buying Activision while they were talking to Microsoft
Based on the SEC filing both of these things can be true.

You make the assumption that the first time Activision talked to any other company was after Microsoft made their first offer in an attempt to better negotiate the deal. But the SEC filing proves that assertion to be blatantly false:

Later on December 3, 2021, following the conclusion of the meeting of the Activision Blizzard Board of Directors earlier in the day, Messrs. Kotick and Kelly received an unsolicited email from the chief executive officer of another gaming company, which we refer to as “Company A,” addressed to the Activision Blizzard Board of Directors, expressing interest in exploring a potential strategic transaction with Activision Blizzard, but without any details regarding the terms of such transaction. Subsequently, Mr. Kotick received an additional communication from the chief executive officer of Company A, expressing a desire to meet in person the following week.

and:

Also on December 6, 2021, Mr. Kelly received an unsolicited email from an individual, who we refer to as “Individual B,” indicating a desire to explore the potential acquisition of the Company’s Blizzard business unit or potentially a full (or partial) take-private transaction with unidentified potential co-investors.

This was all before Microsoft made an offer. Once the offer was on the table then the Activision board asked to hear about other potential offers, which is when Kotick reached out to the other 3 companies referenced. But we can't know whether those were straight random cold calls or whether those companies had expressed any interest prior to the start of the conversation with Microsoft.

The SEC filing is about how this deal in particular took shape. Lack of context or public information about interest from other companies prior to Activision and Microsoft engaging in earnest isn't proof that nobody else was interested. It just didn't matter to this deal.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Is not like discovering the holy grail at all. You just need to think logically and see the patterns in real life:

1. Xbox had to justify its existence (in terms of budget) to MS:

This is why Xbox One had that bullshit "synergy" with windows 8, Kinect and TV = in order to reach 100 millions people inside United States = they failed.

Xbox was budget constrained for a long time. It was not until Phill was promoted and lay down his vision to MS, that this one decided to put the money necessary.

VxUKisQ.jpg
nUAIadf.jpg

FIRST POINT:
Microsoft dosen't care about videogames as a medium, they only care about numbers going up. (revenue-profits and MAU). (the idea) of this acquisition fulfills this need.

Xbox, which should care about video games as a medium, has shown incompetence for a long time.

This dichotomy between Xbox and MS; between a creative medium and business could create massive issues down the line.

2. These acquisitions are not a guarantee. (sure, MS will see growth in numbers out of the gate...also expenses)

One of the nature outcome of acquisition/mergers:

xEktan8.jpg
BRBQjg6.jpg
jIi35cs.jpg
6SJrv2e.jpg

But also culture clash, egos, friction, organizational turmoil inside and across these subsidiaries.

Is it
Xbox>Bethesda>Activision (or any of its permutations)
Or
Xbox - Bethesda - Activision.

rfDcj8i.jpg
ekozOlh.jpg

This aspect was allued by Hoeg law talking about the marketing/PR talk between Xbox-Bethesda regarding Strafield.

Also is very well know that rapid expansions are tricky to say the least.

SECOND POINT:
MS is not buying machines, its buying people. A lot of those people are creative individuals. Being part of a massive enterprise reduces your meaningful creative input.

The financial pressures of a Triple-trillion dollar company...are going to trickle down to Xbox = creative and business limitations or "guidelines"

We can see this effects on Disney and Playstation themselves.

3. Game Pass: The false promise-land that kind of works.

You could keep crying about "is not about AAA games" but IT IS about AAA games.

Exhibit A:
Green influencers angry at Xbox about their lack of AAA output and announcements. (I mean; I don't even need to put screenshots/links)

Exhibit B:
Game Pass not reaching projections for 2 years in a row. Why? They don't have AAA content to drive subscriptions.

Netflix projected a loss of 2 Million subscribers; they lost half of that. Why?:
TeTOBPP.jpg

Because AAA/Blockbuster content has more scope/marketing/quality = more people are aware of it. And its more "mainstream".
FM1Retd.jpg

sAW9Tr8.jpg

kCFiQ1F.jpg

But the production of these big shows aint cheap or guaranteed success:

WM7BrHh.jpg

671qiYB.jpg

IDXHZvV.jpg

RQHvJNf.jpg

qrRL43J.jpg

POINT THREE:
MS buying publishers is an act of desperation and not a carefully calculated move= the actual hard work is just beginning for them.

How all of this is good consumers?

1. Devs leave or being layoff =
creation of new studios and IPs.

2. Sony gonna have to increase competition /invest more in it's services and existing/new Studios =
more value for consumers, More games.

3. Embracing different business models =
  • Traditional AAA games
  • AA (or even indies) games with high production values (Kena, Hellblade, Stray, high on life).
  • Early access, community driven dev-cycle -feedback- (Hades, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Darkest Dungeon etc...)
  • Episodic games more feasible in subscriptions. Shorter dev cycle

• Freemiun/GaaS/ Free-toPlay games (Genshing Impact, Warzone, Overwatch 2, Fornite etc...)
The last point actually is in direct competition with the subscription services model.

4. An unprecedented opportunity for game developers/videogame production
to make a better/sustainable work-life conditions and wages.
  • Unionization
  • Royalties/Residuals.

CONCLUSION:
This deal is the best thing that can happen to the video game industry; not because of it, but because of the consequences of it.
Confused Thinking GIF

First of all, MS want advertising revenue. It's present in their Xbox console and windows.

Second, you are wrong about gamepass. MS is using the Netflix model, because of the guarantee revenue. It's not scrambling act. They showed that success using Azure.
Only obstacles for that growth, is Sony marketing deals, which blocks third party content from gamepass.

You are right that gamepass needs content. But it's not only AAA. Gamepass covers wider range of audience. And each of these audience have their own preference.

Bethesda were acquired to make content for gamepass, because they are skilled and need resources to make those games, which MS has. Remember that zenimax was struggling financially.

For this deal, they are going after mobile market, because of the insane profit it makes. It will also allows them to make mobile games from their own IPs too, which increases that revenue.

Another key point is securing content. When Disney bought Marvel, they removed marvel movies from Netflix. MS wants to secure that.

As for your "How all of this is good consumers?" You are dead wrong on certain parts.

Devs can stay or leave their current companies. That is not a benefit. It doesn't this deal for that to happen. Look at haven studio.

Sony is already doing that with live service games. This will push them more.

Freemiun already exist.

Unionization doesn't really work for everyone, as MS use outsource work. Just because they approve it, it doesn't mean they accept it. They want to look good in the eyes of everyone. Deep down, It would just create a mess for everyone. Especially with everyone now having experience with work from home.

I think it's better for you, if you focus more on the target. You are getting a head of yourself with those assumptions.

Last edited:
You sure love anonymous sources when it’s the other way around though but now from Sony?! No no way pump the breaks right? 😂

Topher

Gold Member
You sure love anonymous sources when it’s the other way around though but now from Sony?! No no way pump the breaks right? 😂

What anonymous sources did I "sure love"?

Last time I referenced anything regarding "anonymous sources" was regarding the rumored Redfall "delay".....

Not a delay, but even it were (assuming this is true at all) March to May isn't really anything to get hung up on.

Edit:
R R3claimer117 No response?

Last edited:

Three

Later on December 3, 2021, following the conclusion of the meeting of the Activision Blizzard Board of Directors earlier in the day, Messrs. Kotick and Kelly received an unsolicited email from the chief executive officer of another gaming company, which we refer to as “Company A,”

Also on December 6, 2021, Mr. Kelly received an unsolicited email from an individual, who we refer to as “Individual B,”

This was all before Microsoft made an offer.
It wasn't though

"On November 26, 2021, Mr. Spencer again spoke with Messrs. Kotick and Kelly, indicating that, based on the information available to Microsoft, Microsoft was preliminarily considering making an all-cash acquisition proposal for Activision Blizzard at $80.00 per share. "

Thirty7ven

Banned
CONCLUSION:

Honestly, great insight. If the deal goes through and Sony isn’t interested in investing big time on PlayStation instead of using that division’s money to pay for other division’s projects then that’s on them.

wvnative

I think EA are quite enticing.

If they can get a good battlefield game out day one, it would be insanely popular, especially when you see how quickly bf2042 got 20+ million YouTube views within days.

EA sports FC will literally print money and no need to pay for FIFA license anymore.

Apex legends is obviously a really popular live service game.

Very well received and popular single player star wars games.

Need for speed ip, not as popular as it once was, but I think it's a good title away from a resurgence, even though most seem to like unbound, it got next to no marketing.

Burnout ip, it's literally screaming for a reboot at this point.

F1 licenses.

Wrc licenses

EA original games have been pretty much nothing but hits imo.

The list goes on and on tbh.

I hope they stay third party though.

Yeah, EA more than anyone else is lacking in IP utilization.

Like, rather than kill off burnout, why didn't they just alternate between it and NFS, giving each game extra dev time? Why off Titanfall?

Battlefield as you said could rival COD if they actually launch a good one.

If MS/Sony bought EA, they'd be sitting on a goldmine ripe for exploiting, EA execs are shit managers.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Confused Thinking GIF

First of all, MS want advertising revenue. It's present in their Xbox console and windows.
And?
Second, you are wrong about gamepass. MS is using the Netflix model, because of the guarantee revenue. It's not scrambling act. They showed that success using Azure.
Only obstacles for that growth, is Sony marketing deals, which blocks third party content from gamepass.
And?.

You are right that gamepass needs content. But it's not only AAA. Gamepass covers wider range of audience. And each of these audience have their own preference.
AAA drive subscription growth.. Your indies dont do that

Bethesda were acquired to make content for gamepass, because they are skilled and need resources to make those games, which MS has. Remember that zenimax was struggling financially.
And?
For this deal, they are going after mobile market, because of the insane profit it makes. It will also allows them to make mobile games from their own IPs too, which increases that revenue.
And?

Another key point is securing content. When Disney bought Marvel, they removed marvel movies from Netflix. MS wants to secure that.
And?

As for your "How all of this is good consumers?" You are dead wrong on certain parts.

Devs can stay or leave their current companies. That is not a benefit. It doesn't this deal for that to happen. Look at haven studio.

Sony is already doing that with live service games. This will push them more.
Yep. Sony keeps competing.
Freemiun already exist.
And competes directly with Subcritions services

Unionization doesn't really work for everyone, as MS use outsource work.
is MS is the only making games in the entire industry?
Just because they approve it, it doesn't mean they accept it. They want to look good in the eyes of everyone. Deep down, It would just create a mess for everyone. Especially with everyone now having experience with work from home.
Uh?
I think it's better for you, if you focus more on the target. You are getting a head of yourself with those assumptions.
The target is how this deal affects the gaming industry no how fannous use it as a shield for "concern trolling".

Last edited:
You are in a forum. No one cares about English grammar.
Except those that speak English.
2023 is when the deal closes. So it's that year. But the tone makes it year, which I admitted my mistake.
The tone makes it year does it? You're proving my point.
As for close to bald, are you blind? Look at that mans hair. That is what it means. Is that a hard term for you?🤨
You said "I would myself close to bald". There's not a place on earth where that sentence makes sense.
My depth is like a black hole. Sorry that you can't comprehend it.
That would explain the void that exists between your ears then. There's much we don't comprehend about black holes for sure though. Such as why it removed your intelligence, but left your hair.
Please, put more effort to it next time.
It's "into it next time" Einstein.

Look, I've got no issue if English isn't your first language, and admire the effort for conversing in a non-native language. But if you're gonna call me out while claiming that it is your first language. Well, you need to go find out who's responsible for your education, and demand a refund.
Who gives a fuck about someone's English? Fuck sake man.
Nobody especially, but that's not really the point.

Nobody gives a fuck if someone has a club foot. But if all they do is hang out at the track and tell the sprinters how slow they are, what do you expect to happen.

Nobody gives a fuck if someone can't count either. Unless their favorite pastime is telling a CPA how to do math.

anthony2690

Yeah, EA more than anyone else is lacking in IP utilization.

Like, rather than kill off burnout, why didn't they just alternate between it and NFS, giving each game extra dev time? Why off Titanfall?

Battlefield as you said could rival COD if they actually launch a good one.

If MS/Sony bought EA, they'd be sitting on a goldmine ripe for exploiting, EA execs are shit managers.
This fully.

(Such a great idea about alternating burnout and nfs releases imo)

EA are literally a gold mine.

I think if they maybe considered delays/taking their time with releases rather than rushing it out to meet a deadline.

They would reap the rewards and easily turn around what people think about them.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Microsoft made the first offer. Bloomberg highlighted that.
I never said anything different. I said that between the time negotiations started and when Microsoft made an offer at least two other entities expressed interest. The comment I was responding to said that nobody else had expressed interest and that Activision only solicited it after the offer, which is clearly not true. Interest and an offer are not the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom