• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

GavinUK86

"God dammit archer...stop shooting at me and let me kill this guy"

nzqnxk.gif

Stopped watching the stream after 30 seconds because I could tell the game is dope. Everyone, chill. Let's just all soak in the warmth that comes from the thought that we finally can play a Rings game that doesn't suck donkey nuts. . . .

J3ffro

OUCH @ the review score.

inb4 someone doesn't click the link

Wow, a 3/10!?

IGN pls

"The worst game since Custer's revenge"? Damn.

Pre order cancelled.

Fuck this shit. Thanks for saving me from a shit purchase, IGN.

"My highlight during the experience of playing Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor was ejecting the disc from the console".

Holy fuck, that's harsh. I thought it was better than a 3/10.

pl4Jm.gif

"Monolith should be ashamed of themselves and might aswell quit this business"

God damn IGN whats wrong with you?

"When I put the disc back in the case and put it up on the shelf, I start to hear voices. Sounding a bit garbled, like many voices at once. I then get closer to where I put game on the shelf, the voices become clear. They aren't voices, they're screams of unending pain and suffering. Through the blood-curdling screams, a voice stood out. "You belong to me.""

"And we thouhgt E.T on the Atari was bad, this one send a reviewer to the ER because of how bad it was"

Well Im out.

The review was written in the language of Mordor. Which I dare not utter here.

I have a bunch of new favorite people. I really like where this OT has gone.

stufte

I've never pre-ordered a game without really knowing wtf kind of game it even is. before now.

still don't really know what kind of game it is...

Loxley

Interesting that they didn't reply to the X1 comment.

I have the suspicion that we may be getting another Tomb Raider Definitive Edition here; the PS4 will be 60fps and the X1 will be 30. Of course the only evidence I have to back that up is how they've been dodging questions about the X1 framerate, so I could be completely wrong.

RoKKeR

So reviews hit tonight, looking forward to seeing what the verdict is. Do we still not know the resolution/framerate on XBO? I'm assuming it's 900 but I haven't seen anything on it.

Seriously, for anyone who didn't see the stream, it looked brilliant. It's just one of those things where when you play tons of RPGs, you can see a game in motion of a few seconds and just . . . know. Like when I played Bound by Flame for 20 seconds and could tell it sucked.

The graphics and the lightning esp were drool-worthy. What I always wanted Dark Souls II to look like on the 360. And I'd so much rather be stalking an Orc Chief balls-deep into Mordor than trailing some saucy French guy through some colonial town.

antitrop

The graphics and the lightning esp were drool-worthy. What I always wanted Dark Souls II to look like on the 360. And I'd so much rather be stalking an Orc Chief balls-deep into Mordor than trailing some saucy French guy through some colonial town.

The combat reminded me of Ryse, but with the mechanics of Batman. So, good times.

Haklong

I have the suspicion that we may be getting another Tomb Raider Definitive Edition here; the PS4 will be 60fps and the X1 will be 30. Of course the only evidence I have to back that up is how they've been dodging questions about the X1 framerate, so I could be completely wrong.

I think it would be better for them to make the Xbox One version 900p at 60 FPS instead 1080p at 30. It's probably worst than that so I think that's why they are dodging the questions. We will know for sure soon I guess.

I'd rather 1080p 30fps than 900p 60fps for a game like this.

I get it, some people care more about image quality. I care more about FPS personally.

I think it would be better for them to make the Xbox One version 900p at 60 FPS instead 1080p at 30. It's probably worst than that so I think that's why they are dodging the questions. We will know for sure soon I guess.

I'd rather 1080p 30fps than 900p 60fps for a game like this.

So reviews hit tonight, looking forward to seeing what the verdict is. Do we still not know the resolution/framerate on XBO? I'm assuming it's 900 but I haven't seen anything on it.

Unless it's 1080p I don't see why it would be 30 fps; if they could get a PS4 version to 1080p60, getting the XB1 version to 900p60 doesn't seem impossible.

Edit: That interview was also from around E3. Maybe they were waiting for the June SDK update before committing to res/framerate?

I found that funny too.

"How about the Xbox One version??"

'SO ANYWAY..." lol

It definitely looks like there might be some issues with the X1 version.

1080/30 or perhaps 900/60? Surely not 900/30. That would be insane considering it's apparently 1080/60 on the PS4.

I agree with this. Something is definitely afoot with the X1 version.

Where do you draw the line? This game looks to be action packed.

I'll be running this at 4K

It's an open world adventure game without competitive multiplayer. I like 60 fps for everything, but I don't think it's quite necessary for this type of game, so if I had a choice I'd go with 1080p 30 fps over 900p 60 fps.

I'm playing it on PC. No 4K, but maybe some super sampling.

1337Sauce

Okay so now that this guy has been banned, I won't bother streaming until a little bit later tonight. About to head out to get my copy of both this and Forza, so if anybody is interested in a stream of both in maybe four or five hours I'll definitely be on the whole night! I won't get banned hopefully haha since it should be pretty damn close to the embargo lifting.

On PS4 and I assume the same is true on PC.

X1 is the great unknown.

Maybe Spencer is there now with the MS gurus demanding 1080p 60fps as we speak. Dat day one patch magic.

Okay so now that this guy has been banned, I won't bother streaming until a little bit later tonight. About to head out to get my copy of both this and Forza, so if anybody is interested in a stream of both in maybe four or five hours I'll definitely be on the whole night! I won't get banned hopefully haha since it should be pretty damn close to the embargo lifting.

Which version are you getting? PS4 or XB1?

Maybe Spencer is there now with the MS gurus demanding 1080p 60fps as we speak. Dat day one patch magic.

Jokes aside. If they did have problems hitting 1080/60, I really hope they settled on 1080/30 so as to avoid any tearing, which is just unbearable and renders games unplayable. (for me, I know others don't really care or don't notice it)

I'm pretty sure they were asked this and they dodged the question like a plague. I think it's a safe bet.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's 1080/30 for the X1 version.

Top Bottom