• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mississippi House passes bill to legalize execution by firing squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zampano

They need some kind of "choke you out" machine. Different to hanging. Anyone that's been put to sleep doing martial arts will tell you that you don't even notice it happening. Then just leave it on. All the methods they currently have are so weirdly theatrical.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
They need some kind of "choke you out" machine. Different to hanging. Anyone that's been put to sleep doing martial arts will tell you that you don't even notice it happening. Then just leave it on. All the methods they currently have are so weirdly theatrical.
Maybe we need to get more theatrical

We all know this is the most humane way to go....

4-3778.gif
Waiting for Texas and Mississippi to implement this

Joni

If you want to execute people, this seems more humane compared to how lethal injection works. Those old methods were meant to be fast, the new ones are meant to look clean.

Vagabundo

Change the federal law so if someone who is later proven innocent is murdered by execution then anyone involved is libel for criminal charges. Let's see how that plays out.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Assisted suicide has proven you can kill someone without pain or suffering. So there is no reason we can't do the same to prisoners.

Of course personally I believe you should only execute the most extreme fucked up evil pieces of shit that lost all traces of humanity and are little more than monsters wearing human skin. And in those cases I want them to suffer.

Let's give a state with a racist justice system where african-Americans make up 60% of the prison population despite being only 35% of the state population more ways to kill black people. Sounds about right.
This should be the discussion. Or how the death penalty in the US is expensive, racist and not a deterrent.

Instead this thread is full of posters offering various suggestions on ways to execute someone.

Apt101

The people passed this probably consider themselves proper christians.

What a surreal past few weeks. It's like the country decided they wanted things like it was 1920 again.

Keasar

d24d93d45f335fff9357651d4b0c0d3f.jpg

Because it can't be repeated enough what the Republicans are starting to represent.

"Fiscal conservatism", pffffff.

Kayhan

That is the process for lethal injection. It's a cocktail of three drugs, one to induce unconsciousness, one to paralyze the muscles, and one to stop the heart. The problem is sometimes the cocktail might not work. As for overdosing on a single drug, people have different reactions, and it's often not rapid enough. In some cases cardiac arrest takes up to an hour. You need other drugs to make the process swift.

Yeah but how about no cocktail and instead you just put them under like for regular surgery. Then when they are verified to be completely unconscious you administer the killing drug.

It really should not be that hard and you can't tell me that it is that hard.

Vets kill pets every day.

That might actually be more humane than the hour long torture you got when they fucked up the chemical cocktail.
This.
If I was a death row inmate and had to choose my execution method out of electric chair, hanging, chemical cocktail or firing squad, I'd pick a firing squad.

I've read reports of what happens when they get the chemical cocktail for the death syringe wrong or cheap out on it. Having your head blown off is absolutely humane compared to that.

Of course I am still completely against the death penalty in general.

I know it looks horrendous, but wasn't the guillotine known for being painless? .
You are still fully conscious when your head gets cut off from the rest of your body until your brain stops, unless you are unconscious beforehand. Sounds like such a nightmarish experience that firing squad sounds infinitely preferable as long as the shooters can shoot straight

Assisted suicide has proven you can kill someone without pain or suffering. So there is no reason we can't do the same to prisoners.

Of course personally I believe you should only execute the most extreme fucked up evil pieces of shit that lost all traces of humanity and are little more than monsters wearing human skin. And in those cases I want them to suffer.

Aaaand we are back to the Middle Ages.

Yeah but how about no cocktail and instead you just put them under like for regular surgery. Then when they are verified to be completely unconscious you administer the killing drug.

It really should not be that hard and you can't tell me that it is that hard.

Vets kill pets every day.

Afaik it IS hard. That's why you have to study years and years to have the proper qualification.

RedShift

ive never understood lethal injection why not just sedate you then whack of your head? i mean lethal injection seems like it is designed to torture. putting a dog or a cat down is instant, just use that shit?!

Sedating people isn't straight forward, it requires an anaesthesiologist. Training as one requires an oath pledging to do no harm to a patient.

FStubbs

The people passed this probably consider themselves proper christians.

What a surreal past few weeks. It's like the country decided they wanted things like it was 1920 again.

Add the 8th amendment to the 13th-15th amendments that I guess Republicans want removed.

Incredible the reason given for the bill's introduction is "Fuck you, liberals"

They act like the sociopath children that post on The_Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom