• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Doesn't mean shit now.

Gotta say both the Mets and even more so, the Giants, scare me.

Really hope the Cubs don't come out flat on Friday.
Why fear the Mets? They have one great starter and they'll have use him in the wild card game so he'd start once in the NLDS if they make it.

Definitely fear the even year Giants though.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I think my playoff preferences rank as:

1. Blue Jays
2. Dodgers
3. Indians
4. Everyone else except the Giants
5. The Giants.

TheFuzz

Entire NL should be on notice now: the Braves are going to be scary next year. The hottest September team has a lot of money to spend a DEEP farm system.

bebop242

Why fear the Mets? They have one great starter and they'll have use him in the wild card game so he'd start once in the NLDS if they make it.

Definitely fear the even year Giants though.

Logic tells me I shouldn't be as worried about the Mets with their lack of pitchers compaired to last year along with no Daniel Murphy who killed the Cubs but......

Mets are in the Cubbies heads.

.....probably this.

Lexxism

Sportsnet Stats @SNstats
#BlueJays are the first team in MLB history to have their starters lead the league in innings pitched...but throw ZERO complete games
Thank you Starters. Jays might be in the bottom right now without them!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Entire NL should be on notice now: the Braves are going to be scary next year. The hottest September team has a lot of money to spend a DEEP farm system.
a lot of money on a horrible FA class.

They can probably be .500 next year. i don't expect much else.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
For the record, I'm in favour of waiting until 2018 or 2019. I'm just saying there's a path to competitiveness next season.

Malvingt2

Braves, 5th pick. should have lost a few more games.
the whole list

1. Twins (59-103, .364)
2. Reds (68-94, .420)
3. Padres (68-94, .420)
4. Rays (68-94, .420)
5. Braves (68-93, .422)
6. A's (69-93, .426)
7. D-backs (69-93, .426)
8. Phillies (71-91, .438)
9. Brewers (73-89, .451)
10. Angels (74-88, .457)
11. Rockies (75-87, .463)
12. White Sox (78-84, .481)
13. Pirates (78-83, .484)
14. Marlins (79-82, .491)
15. Royals (81-81, .500)
16. Astros (84-78, .519)
17. Yankees (84-78, .519)
18. Mariners (86-76, .531)
19. Cardinals (86-76, .531)
20. Tigers (86-75, .534)
21. Giants (87-75, .537)
22. Mets (87-75, .537)
23. Orioles (89-73, .549)
24. Blue Jays (89-73, .549)
25. Dodgers (91-71, .562)
26. Red Sox (93-69, .574)
27. Indians (94-67, .584)
28. Nationals (95-67, .586)
29. Rangers (95-67, .586)
30. Cubs (103-58, .640)

the cancel game works against the Braves?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
AL stats leaders:

Batting: Jose Altuve .338
Home Runs: Trumbo 47
RBI: Encarnacion 127
Runs scored: Trout 123
On-base percentage: Trout .441
Slugging percentage: Ortiz .625
OPS: Ortiz 1.021
Stolen Bases: Davis 43

ERA: Sanchez 3.00
Strikeouts: Verlander 254
Wins: Porcello 22
Saves: Britton 47
K/BB: Porcello 5.91
Quality starts: Porcello & Verlander 26

NL stats leaders:

Batting: LeMahieu .348
Home Runs: Arenado and Carter 41
RBI: Arenado 133
Runs scored: Bryant 121
On-base percentage: Votto .435
Slugging percentage: Murphy .596
OPS: Murphy & Votto .985
Stolen Bases: Villar 61

ERA leader: Hendricks 2.13
Strikeouts: Scherzer 284
Wins: Scherzer 20
Saves: Familia 51
K/BB: Scherzer 5.07
Quality starts: Lester & Scherzer 26

The Braves finished 50-47 after starting 18-46. They won 23 of their last 33 games. Some people are suggesting Snitker get votes for manager of the year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
With the injury plague that went through the Mets clubhouse, and somehow getting to the WC game, on the verge of being in the playoffs, Terry should be up there for manager of the year.

thefro

Doesn't mean shit now.

Gotta say both the Mets and even more so, the Giants, scare me.

Really hope the Cubs don't come out flat on Friday.

I don't really care either way. Different teams than last year. Just glad it worked out so that the Giants & Mets had to use their best starters in the WC game.

I will say if the Cubs get past the NLDS, I'd rather play the Nats since I trust Dusty Baker to screw up the managing at some point.

a lot of money on a horrible FA class.

They can probably be .500 next year. i don't expect much else.

Yeah, IMHO the Braves' best bet is probably to sign a vet or two that can be flipped at the deadline if everything doesn't come together. Or if you can get someone on a long-term deal who fits in with the window of when you have the current group of kids under contract, great (but that's hard to do).

BFIB

The Braves finished 50-47 after starting 18-46. They won 23 of their last 33 games. Some people are suggesting Snitker get votes for manager of the year.
It's been renamed Maddon of the year award for the foreseeable future because of maximum fun-ness.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ESPN - Giants are in, and now they can win it all

As for making it four titles in seven years, don't overlook the Giants even though they've gone just 30-42 in the second half, they finished 27th in the majors in runs after the All-Star break, and their bullpen has had several memorable implosions the past few weeks. But note this as well: Only the Cubs and Red Sox have given up fewer runs in the second half.

As Giants fans know, this is the path the club took in 2014
, when Bumgarner went into Pittsburgh and blanked the Pirates in the wild-card game. Syndergaard will be a tough matchup, but Bumgarner is a good matchup against all the Mets' left-handed power (Curtis Granderson, Jay Bruce, Lucas Duda).

If they win that game, the biggest hurdle will be not having Bumgarner start again until Game 3 of the division series against the Cubs. That's what happened in 2014, however, and the Giants still beat the Nationals in four games, even while losing the Bumgarner game. The advantage this team has over the 2014 club is Johnny Cueto is better than any starter on that club. He has been pitching well down the stretch as well, with a 2.21 ERA over his past eight starts.

No, the Giants don't hit many home runs -- in this year of the home run, Belt led the team with 17 -- but they also have the lowest strikeout rate of any team in the postseason, a style of offense that worked for the Royals last year and the Giants in 2014. If they get past the Cubs and face the Dodgers, they are the one team that can load up with left-handed starters with Bumgarner and Matt Moore, and maybe even Blach if Bochy wants to get really bold. If you're worried about the team's 15-15 record in the final month, we point again to 2014: That team was just 13-12 in September.

It has been the year of the Cubs in the National League, but the Giants, as always, are lurking. As Jake Peavy said, the Giants are in. And we can't ignore them.

No. I want the whole playoff thread to be in OT so I can see the soul sucked out of every single Giants fan when the Mets steamroll them.

Even Year Voodoo must die!

sixc4sA.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
No. I want the whole playoff thread to be in OT so I can see the soul sucked out of every single Giants fan when the Mets steamroll them.

Even Year Voodoo must die!

Dusty Baker gonna destroy youuuuuuu.

Maybe I should keep this avatar you gave me...its giving the Giants some good luck.

JDeluis

If the Giants win again, I'm punching every team they beat in the dick for letting it happen again

UGH. I'd rather have the Cardinals in

If the Giants win again this year, I'm never going to watch another baseball game again. And I'll never alllow my left handed son play baseball ever again. I'd rather he play soccer.

BFIB

Giants feast on all this salt. Just accept they're winning it all.

If the Tribe doesn't get it, I'm hoping the Giants do.

A small part of me wants the Jays to win to get another potential series with Texas.

The Mets winning would be cool, but the Giants have a better chance of beating the Cubs.

But no matter what, Go Tribe!!!!

AL stats leaders:

Batting: Jose Altuve .338
Home Runs: Trumbo 47
RBI: Encarnacion 127
Runs scored: Trout 123
On-base percentage: Trout .441
Slugging percentage: Ortiz .625
OPS: Ortiz 1.021
Stolen Bases: Davis 43

ERA: Sanchez 3.00
Strikeouts: Verlander 254
Wins: Porcello 22
Saves: Britton 47
K/BB: Porcello 5.91
Quality starts: Porcello & Verlander 26

NL stats leaders:

Batting: LeMahieu .348
Home Runs: Arenado and Carter 41
RBI: Arenado 133
Runs scored: Bryant 121
On-base percentage: Votto .435
Slugging percentage: Murphy .596
OPS: Murphy & Votto .985
Stolen Bases: Villar 61

ERA leader: Hendricks 2.13
Strikeouts: Scherzer 284
Wins: Scherzer 20
Saves: Familia 51
K/BB: Scherzer 5.07
Quality starts: Lester & Scherzer 26

By how many innings Kersh miss from winning these titles?

Choomp

Banned
Giants-GAF, before I go into assholish stressed out WC game mode just know I actually love y'all and your team. Let's hope whatever happens Wednesday doesn't ruin our alliance

Top Bottom