• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS) Update Thread

My gamer boner was rising to the occasion looking at that combo system, then I remembered I live in the US and its placid again. I need more updates dammit!

Tenbatsu

Repost for new page:

Website updated. Online play confirmed??? lol
■対応:ローカルプレイ、すれちがい通信、インターネット(クエスト等のダウンロード)
※無線でインターネット通信できる環境が必要です。

Local Play, Street Pass, Internet (Quest Download etc)
Internet connection needed.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/shohin.html

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tenbatsu said:
※無線でインターネット通信できる環境が必要です。

Great news - it keeps getting better...

Tenbatsu said:
※無線でインターネット通信できる環境が必要です。

Still no word on Spotpass. WHAT THE FUCK?! WHY?! They had better not make people have to initiate the download. I want to wake up, see the blue light and find that I have new quests downloaded for me.

fernoca

Nuclear Muffin said:
Still no word on Spotpass. WHAT THE FUCK?! WHY?! They had better not have to make people initiate the download. I want to wake up, see the blue light and find that I have new quests downloaded for me.
I hope that not only it doesn't use 'Spotpass'; but that you have to download each quest, on the eShop. And that there are 20 quests day one, so you have to go back and forth to the main menu to download each.

:p

Erethian

Tenbatsu said:
Repost for new page:

※無線でインターネット通信できる環境が必要です。

Going to wait until it's absolutely confirmed, as the internet stuff could just be for downloading quests.

watershed

Banned
I wonder what the streetpass feature is, exchanging items or some kind of player data like completion rates, hunts, quests, etc.

Tenbatsu

Bit shocked to see that the box resembled Tri actually.
mh060409.jpg

IMYbX.jpg

Tenbatsu

Capcom's new trademark:

カプコン
商願2011-65495 モンハンの島

Monster Hunter Island :3

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
If online is confirmed I'll definitely pick this up next year. Can't wait for an HD console version of 4 to drop.

Truth101

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
If online is confirmed I'll definitely pick this up next year.

You should edit that port begging is bannable.

Also, why would they wait to announce online play if the game is coming out so soon, I don't see any benefit.

Edit:

The limited edition system looks so good.

Truth101 said:
Also, why would they wait to announce online play if the game is coming out so soon, I don't see any benefit.

It could be some marketing genius' idea to get attention for the game.

Honestly, I've put over 100 hours into Tri on Wii offline so not having online would not be a deal breaker. I would still think it's kind of weird to not at least have friend list online multiplayer if they're not doing servers again.

blackflag

Game looks nice man but if there is no online play....ugh. I'm not a kid who has tons of friends that have a 3ds where we have sleepover monster hunter parties and shit. I'm 37 years old....I don't know anyone else irl that owns a 3ds. So playing multiplayer without online play would just not happen.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Damn, fellas, the only MH game I ever played was a bit of the original on PS2, but I've always loved the art direction and armor design. They always do such a great job.

I sure do hope 3gs comes to the U.S. and Europe as it is one of the things that made me decide I neeeeded a 3DS.

Luigiv

Wazzim said:
The armor designs look really good! Come on, a western release date, come on Capcom.
An anouncement of a western release is not going to happen before the Japanese release. How much longer we'll have to wait for it is up in the air, though. MH3 got anounced for Western release only 2 days after the Japanese launch.

Top Bottom