• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS) Update Thread

muu said:
Makes no sense to have a hub that supports more than 4 players for local wifi-only play, though.
It would make sense from the standpoint that part of the fun for some people is to parade around the hub in some ridiculous getup and allowing more than 4 players in a hub makes the task a little easier.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
john tv said:
Hold up, wassup with those hammers? Or were they just switch axes that looked like hammers? #intrigued
I think it's G-rank gear that just gets that switch animation for the charged up attacks... Think there was a greatsword there too... Just guessing though.

john tv said:
Hold up, wassup with those hammers? Or were they just switch axes that looked like hammers? #intrigued

Pretty sure most of them were hammers with new charge animations. MHP2 had a similar thing going on with the Spiked Hammer.

john tv

Looks so damn good. Honestly was not expecting Jinouga to appear at all, let alone have a bad ass dragon-type subspecies.

SO READY.

Tenbatsu

john tv said:
Some of the hammers with animations were already present in Tri, you just have to observe closely :)

2qx9p9v.png

24_eryu04.jpg

I see 5 hunters in town, but they only showed 4 fighting a monster. I guess it could either be that 5 or more people can be in the same town or the extra hunter was an NPC.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The touch screen customization in the trailer is just outstanding.
I was WTF when I saw you can even customize in order to have the upper screen completely free from maps, items scheme, life bars.
It's...wow.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
can someone describe what these "subspecies" are to me?

like, Jaggi : Great Jaggi :: Subspecies lagiacrus : Lagiacrus?

or is it more like Great Baggi : Great Jaggi :: Subspecies Lagiacrus : Lagiacrus?

Kyoufu

GaimeGuy said:
can someone describe what these "subspecies" are to me?

like, Jaggi : Great Jaggi :: Subspecies lagiacrus : Lagiacrus?

or is it more like Great Baggi : Great Jaggi :: Subspecies Lagiacrus : Lagiacrus?

Subspecies is a fancy way of saying "reskin with an extra attack".

Ultratech

Kyoufu said:
Subspecies is a fancy way of saying "reskin with an extra attack".

Pretty much. In the early games, they were just basically recolors with more health and attack.

Later on, they got changed up to where they look significantly different and have unique attacks/behaviors compared to their normal counterparts.

Great Jaggi & Baggi are more like relatives, much like the -prey species.

Kyoufu

Ultratech said:
Pretty much. In the early games, they were just basically recolors with more health and attack.

Later on, they got changed up to where they look significantly different and have unique attacks/behaviors compared to their normal counterparts.

In MHP3rd, I couldn't tell the difference between regular and sub. It was kind of off-putting honestly.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think we should focus on getting the game outside of Japan before starting a campaign asking for an online mode, guys.

Ultratech

Kyoufu said:
In MHP3rd, I couldn't tell the difference between regular and sub. It was kind of off-putting honestly.

It is a bit bizarre after a while...most of them don't look dramatically different, though some do.

john tv

Kyoufu said:
Really? Apart from the different elemental types, some of them have fairly different attack patterns. Qurupeco and Barioth come to mind; on the other hand, Barroth and Naruga felt barely different at all.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
funny thing is I never got into the high level quests. I stopped right after i unlocked them too lol.

Maybe I'll load up MHTri one of these days and resume play

fates

I just cannot get excited for this because I know Capcom's gonna let us down ._. I WANT to be excited, damn it!

EDIT::

apparently Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) is confirming an Autumn 2012 release.

Luigiv

fates said:
I just cannot get excited for this because I know Capcom's gonna let us down ._. I WANT to be excited, damn it!

apparently Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) is confirming an Autumn 2012 release.
Really? Sweet. I knew it was coming but I didn't expect the announcement to happen before the Japanese launch.

Defuser

fates said:

Thats is the most ridiculos date.How long does it take to translate armors and itens?

Erethian

It's not so much a confirmed date as it is an ETA on the page where they have a preview of the Japanese version.

It's also ONM, who aren't exactly the most reliable source.

Luigiv

Defuser said:
Thats is the most ridiculos date.How long does it take to translate armors and itens?
Monster Hunter games actually have a lot more text then you'd initially think. You don't really notice because most of it seems quite inconsequential but it does become apparent when you play a half finished translation patch and you realise just how much you were relying on the text in the actual localised releases.

That being said, I'm sure the release schedule is for marketing reasons. MH3 had an April Western release too, despite the fact it's localisation was announced in August the prior year (which also happened to be a couple of days after the Japanese release, so it was a much longer wait by all accounts).

6 months really isn't all that long a wait in the scheme of things, especially given the original Japanese announcement was only a month earlier, anyway.

you can download the new trailer from the eshop (in japan, obviously)

i just watched it three times on the way home. cannot wait for this game - love portable 3rd, but i think this'll be the definitive third generation package.

Kyoufu

john tv said:
Really? Apart from the different elemental types, some of them have fairly different attack patterns. Qurupeco and Barioth come to mind; on the other hand, Barroth and Naruga felt barely different at all.

Yeah. It really kicked me in the balls when we started the Dark Tigrex quest and when I spotted a Tigrex, I didn't attack it because I wasn't sure if it was the "dark" version or not. It literally looked the same. :(

Tenbatsu

345triangle said:

i just watched it three times on the way home. cannot wait for this game - love portable 3rd, but i think this'll be the definitive third generation package.
How's the effect on the 3DS?

Apenheul

345triangle said:

Of course, since underwater battles are in! It's been a while since I've fought Gobul and Lagi, after finishing the three HR Jho quests in Tri I switched over to P3rd.

fr4nz

Official Nintendo Magazine Europe has confirmed a fall 2012 release date

Can't post scans or link to site showing scans.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
The new Deviljho's introduction cutscene should be it flinging a regular Deviljho up in the air, then biting its spine in half.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

fates

Yeah, that's quite a long wait considering the Monster Hunter games aren't overwhelmingly text heavy. Not sure if I believe it.

Top Bottom