• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Wilds director aims to push hardware 'to the max'

Comandr

IDK why gaf is like some kind of negativity echo chamber for this game. We have seen PART of one single area from this game, and arguably probably what will become the least visually interesting one at that. Let's examine a few screenshots.

f5z6RRAeMpCmDnHswYsMDa.jpg

Look at the texture detail here on the Balahara, particularly around the neck where motion blur isn't as strong. Look at the player character in total. The player, the Seikret, and the palico all have extremely detailed textures and a TON of geometry.

4sxjhHrWTdsTh2CK5NkUYY.jpg

Now contrast with this screenshot. The Balahara are all faded and lack detail. That's because they're covered in sand. Capcom is clearly utilizing a shader, factoring in environmental conditions where monsters and players can become sandy, dirty, etc. Tripping in Barroth mud may have a much more lasting visual effect moving forward.

I'd like to return to the screenshot the everyone liked to shit on in the beginning.

qRiGJCPBmMTpJRD3UieVLH-1200-80.jpg

Upon reexamination you can clearly see that the hunter and the Doshaguma are covered in sand. People went on and on about how they were showcasing how bad this game looked with this screenshot. I disagree. Could it be argued that it's an unflattering screenshot? Sure. I don't see anything wrong with the models themselves or the action present; just the textures don't pop because everything is clearly covered in sand.

This is just one example of the level of detail that Capcom is thinking of. Capcom has always been really detail oriented, I don't see why this would be any different. Let them fuckin cook.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

I thought gaf was totally on board with a monster hunter world style follow up.

Personally, I think MH needs to be an accessible game and I'm waiting for more info before I make a firm decision.

So far, I'm not really feeling the environment or the monsters they've shown and it looks like this could be more limited to powerful hardware, which isn't ideal for accessibility.

Comandr

I thought gaf was totally on board with a monster hunter world style follow up.

Personally, I think MH needs to be an accessible game and I'm waiting for more info before I make a firm decision.

So far, I'm not really feeling the environment or the monsters they've shown and it looks like this could be more limited to powerful hardware, which isn't ideal for accessibility.
When you say accessible game, what do you mean by that? The game will be available on every major console outside of the switch, and all of those players can play together. How much more accessible can you get?

bbeach123

I finished rise and mhgu after world so Idc about graphics , but let be real its look like a ps4 game with more details(textures)on the models . Nothing really pushing , maybe its pushing the switch 2 "to the max" .

darrylgorn

When you say accessible game, what do you mean by that? The game will be available on every major console outside of the switch, and all of those players can play together. How much more accessible can you get?

Streamlined online, mechanics and levelling progression with sustained 60 fps performance.

Top Bottom