• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Munchies: This Startup Is Making Dairy Milk Without Cows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I wonder if it'll have identical cooking properties to milk. I like milk alternatives, but some recipes can't be fucked with, so I always have to keep some at hand.

Edit: It would be cool if artificial milk replaced large scale milk production, which is highly inefficient, and natural milk remained only for niche products like certain cheeses.

Great news. I don't miss drinking milk at all, where I live there are a million types of soy milk so if you can't find one you like, there is something wrong with you. It's true though that many recipes would be a lot easier. While I've bought and made some amazing vegan cheeses ('Gary') this could make the process a lot easier and more authentic, which would also help sway those people who ignore the cruelty-free, more environmentally-friendly option because it tastes slightly different to what they are used to.

WedgeX

Banned
In neither the article nor the website could I find what plants they are using. Having a soy and almond allergy and then using either would make this awesome thing moot for me.

Gross out factor, inhumane, inefficient.
I would say the same about cow's milk. Drinking the pus-tainted secretions of a bovine teat isn't appealing to me. Locking up a sentient being in a 'rape rack' to impregnate them, steal their milk, kill their sons, and do the same to their daughters is not humane. The need to go through this entire process and feed huge amounts of plants to an animal to achieve this is both inefficient and environmentally damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom