• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muslims forced to drink alcohol and eat pork in China’s ‘re-education’ camps

I agree completely, as i said earlier I think its evil to force someone to do something they dont want.

It's more that i would feel the same if a Furry who lived as a chicken went to jail and had to eat scrambled eggs or the same deal with a vegan.

The forcing them is bad but its just food, its not like they are forcing them to suck dicks as that other poster so elegantly put it

It depends on the Sect of Islam they follow. In some cases eating Pork is completely unforgivable under any circumstance. Doing so denies you a place in Heaven.

But lets look at it the other way. The Chinese government is so afraid of one group of their population, they would rather starve them to life critical conditions, just to force them to eat pork.

DiscoJer

The thing is, how do you think most places in the world got converted to a foreign religion in the first place? Force. Convert or die. Kill the men, rape the women and raise the children in the new religion.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but one of the most puzzling things is to see how many cultures now strongly cling to a culture/religion that was once forced upon them, ignoring their culture's own native religions. You see this in Ireland (Catholicism vs Celtic Christianity), Iran (Islam instead of Zoroastrianism), Pakistan/India (Islam instead of Hinduism). In parts of Europe, some places are reverting to paganism from Christianity.

100% not cool China, how horrible in humanity aspect of things.

How come no one is every lecturing China about diversity, and telling them how cruel they are to women? They are pretty much at par with the US in terms of economy and society.

JCK75

It's pretty odd, they have a strong stance against religion but it's mostly about keeping away outside influences to the culture, most times so long as the person is a Chinese citizen they are free to practice any religion except Falun Gong. But yea I love China but it's an extremely racist and Nationalistic place;.

Mahadev

I consider religion cancer and Islam the worst of them all but you don't cure religion with these disgusting tactics, you do it with education and stable living conditions.

Jesus, China is a dystopian nightmare.

LordPezix

Where is the china resistance? Free these people. If that shit happened in America and I knew about it I would wage war on those installations.

I would imagine the Chinese news is mute on the issue making most regionals unaware?

TwiztidElf

How do I book a ticket to this 're-education' camp? I'm muslim. Honest.

Seriously though, we are talking about a country that has mobile execution and organ harvesting vans.

Cato

Banned
[/QUOTE]
Where is the china resistance? Free these people. If that shit happened in America and I knew about it I would wage war on those installations.

I would imagine the Chinese news is mute on the issue making most regionals unaware?

Where is the chineese resistance? I guess busy trying not to be disappeared in the middle of the night. It is a communist country we are talking about after all.
You don't do things that make the state see you as a troublemaker or a threat.

bucyou

Ke0

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no those poor people are being forced to eat delicious food and beer!

Bryank75

Banned
Well this is communism.... The society comes first. Religion is viewed as a threat to social cohesion, they have done far worse to Buddhists.
This is pretty tame for them.

Cato

Banned

Come on, this is pretty bad stuff. But then again it pretty much on par on how china usually treats minorities that do not conform.
Sad that it gets so little coverage in western press.

Omegatron

Neo Member
In June of last year, 2 Chinese people were killed by ISIS somewhere in Pakistan and China vowed to have Muslim terrorism come to an end.

This is the result of that vow, because in China's head: "If we force every Muslim to abandon Islam, then no more Muslim terrorists will exists since Islam is the problem".

If you're a Muslim, then China's government considers you a potential terrorist and you must be dealt with before you become one.

Do I believe that this method will work in getting rid of Islamic extremists? Maybe to some very small extent, but you can't really force fear and hatred out of people and it's fear and hatred that puts you on the path towards becoming an extremist.

In June of last year, 2 Chinese people were killed by ISIS somewhere in Pakistan and China vowed to have Muslim terrorism come to an end.

This is the result of that vow, because in China's head: "If we force every Muslim to abandon Islam, then no more Muslim terrorists will exists since Islam is the problem".
In addition, China has an Uyghur minority in Xinjiang that are Muslim, want independence, and have committed acts of terrorism within China in the past. I think desire for independence scares the government as much as terrorism. I am not defending China's actions but we are seeing very different ideologies handle a similar problem (extremism).

Paasei

Human rights in China are non existent. This is a terrible example of that, and another one that you can look up as "China social ranking system".

Cato

Banned

If you're a Muslim, then China's government considers you a potential terrorist and you must be dealt with before you become one.

Do I believe that this method will work in getting rid of Islamic extremists? Maybe to some very small extent, but you can't really force fear and hatred out of people and it's fear and hatred that puts you on the path towards becoming an extremist.

This is 100% incorrect. You are completely ignorant if you think this has anything to do with Islam.

China has always had a problem with separatists and minorities that do not conform with the state. They really don't care what religion you are but will come
down like a hammer on you if you are seen as a "troublemaker".
Falun-gong followers were frequently rounded up and used as "organ donors". They were not in any way muslim.

Please do not make this a "china hates muslims" issue. It is not. It is a china does not like dissent issue.

While this has been going on for decades (and everyone at large, including Americans, don't really care much) let me shitpost:
This is completely shitpost and wrong since it probably started before Trump was even born :
- Western media is quiet and won't report on this since it is the wrong narrative.
- The chineese did nothing wrong, they are all innocent victims, triggered by big bad Trump bullying them with trade tariffs and such.
- It is all Trumps fault.
End shitpost. But maybe this is how MSM sees things ?

Last edited:

Cato

Banned

This is so wrong I have to respond twice.

Your theory is that
1, China gives a shit if some of their citizens are killed when overseas?
2, In response to two peasants being killed far far away, they respond by building concentration camps for a million people ?

Seriously, this is just "trouble for troublemakers" and has nothing to do with religion. Business as usual in China since the cultural revolution.
This is how all communist countries eventually end up.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
China is becoming a weird place. They trying block all hip hop culture and they have a bias against black people.

You know, I'm not the biggest proponent of Islam. I think it is a dangerous, disgusting ideology. And even I think this is fucked up.

Facism

They're also being forced into marriages with Chinese han men and having to renounce their culture and ethnicity whilst their male relatives are held hostage over threat of death. Oh no those poor people, you weaponised gammon :rolleyes:

Top Bottom