• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

It's also somewhat obvious that Endeavor is sort of a "what Bakugou could become" character.

Yeah, they really do give off the same sort of vibe.

BTW, does anyone else really like the twist with
Todoroki's eye? That it was his mom? Wonderful subversion, and hints at additional depth to Endeavor.

Ushay

Damn, it's so obvious that All Might
was quirkless
and yet it slipped everybody's mind.

Great taste =)

In my mind the best thing possible would be he losing a fight to frog girl somehow.

No that would be satisfying to watch.

Anyone know if this will get picked for an anime adaption?

SalvaPot

Yeah, they really do give off the same sort of vibe.

BTW, does anyone else really like the twist with
Todoroki's eye? That it was his mom? Wonderful subversion, and hints at additional depth to Endeavor.

Oh yeah! That was really clever, I also find brilliant how todoroki took it
blaming his dad instead of his mom
I wonder where here mom is right now, did they mention it? I may have missed that.

I honestly believe Endeavor is not a bad guy, just a misguided asshole, living under the shadow of All Might and wanting to be the very best. I like how not all heroes are "good people".

Oh yeah! That was really clever, I also find brilliant how todoroki took it
blaming his dad instead of his mom
I wonder where here mom is right now, did they mention it? I may have missed that.

I honestly believe Endeavor is not a bad guy, just a misguided asshole, living under the shadow of All Might and wanting to be the very best. I like how not all heroes are "good people".

Agreed. The way he
shifted blame is impressively well done; you see the same thing happen a lot with real world domestic abuse.
His mom's probably in some sort of facility somewhere, but I don't think it was spelled out.

And also agreed about Endeavor. You can see that maybe he used to be the real deal, but over the years the envy has just eaten him alive.

SalvaPot

You'll get your Toei animated, original anime ending shitshow and you will like it.

At least they will nail down the voice actors and some fighting scene would be decently directed.

Please Madhouse please madhouse please madhouse take iiiit

Agreed. The way he
shifted blame is impressively well done; you see the same thing happen a lot with real world domestic abuse.
His mom's probably in some sort of facility somewhere, but I don't think it was spelled out.

And also agreed about Endeavor. You can see that maybe he used to be the real deal, but over the years the envy has just eaten him alive.
Endeavor just says she's in a hospital and that's it.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
It's too early though. I hope they are smart enough to wait another year or so.

Isn't One Punch Man getting the anime treatment, I think it should try to piggyback off of that while lookingto amass a following of its own. However, I do agree with you and feel that Boku No Hero Academia should release about a year later when it has much more material to warrant a release.

WarRock

I'm guessing Mr. Flamebeard just sent Todoroki's mother overseas with some money and some guards to make sure she is not coming back.

Nightbird

Many Jump Mangas get their Anime Series First anouncement between Chapter 90 and 110 if they are very popular (not sure, but it should be between those Numbers)

So we are still at least a year away from a Announcement.

Isn't One Punch Man getting the anime treatment, I think it should try to piggyback off of that while lookingto amass a following of its own. However, I do agree with you and feel that Boku No Hero Academia should release about a year later when it has much more material to warrant a release.

OPM has way more material to burn through, especially since they can just use ONE's story and have Murata just update the character designs so they aren't MSpaint.

SalvaPot

Yeah, it usually takes 2 years for a manga to get an adaptation, since most of the time they work as advertisement for a long running series.

This also seems like the kind of adaptation who wouldn´t rush the arcs, taking its time to flesh out the characters.

Ashodin

I love love love how this series makes the secondary characters actually look good or interesting. For example, how Iida feels like the series' Flash and tries not to make him look totally weak. Todoroki is stupid OP though.

Meffer

I love love love how this series makes the secondary characters actually look good or interesting. For example, how Iida feels like the series' Flash and tries not to make him look totally weak. Todoroki is stupid OP though.
I don't know, he's pretty damn strong and uses his power well when they did the hero/villain test.

Moaradin

I must say, Mei is pretty awesome. I loved her fight with Iida where she just spent the whole time using him to advertise her inventions. Hope she shows up more later.

SalvaPot

Lol, Bakugou setting himself up as the Bad Guy for the match-up, I guess we are supposed to support Todoroki now.

I honestly can´t dislike Bakugou, he is a blast to hate and he really seems eager to prove himself. Honestly I think he has no chance to beat Todoroki and he is going to learn it the hard way.

Bakugou is a colossal dickbag, but he's too good at it for me to really hate him.

EDIT: Also, it looks like we're finally going to pry open the can of worms that is his insecurities, so I'd expect some fairly rapid character development soonish.

Raxus

The last few chapters can be summed up as "Bakugou beats up other, more interesting characters."

To be fair, when others have more defined power sets it becomes a problem facing someone with a powerful quirk AND a brain like Bakugou. Deku is the only one who has really gotten under his skin and soon Todoroki. Good thing Todoroki wants to use his fire powers now because he is going to need them to win. Bakugou is going to have to get a limiter soon.

As far as the supporting cast. I am sure, like Naruto, they will get interesting fights in the future to flesh out their powers. Hori has done a done a good job of keeping side characters in the spotlight along with the main characters. The villain designs continue to be pretty great.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of hoping he wins- it sets up all three of them as powerhouses and gives Todoroki some more development (and Endeavour). Also because I want to see whether there is another level of assholery that Bakugou can finally attain.

I'm kind of hoping he wins- it sets up all three of them as powerhouses and gives Todoroki some more development (and Endeavour). Also because I want to see whether there is another level of assholery that Bakugou can finally attain.

So what you're saying is that Bakugou might be able to reach an asshole singularity of some sort?

Grexeno

He knows this, which is why he's trying to get him to use flame powers in the match. He wants to sweat even more from the intense flames.
What I'm thinking is that Todoroki will exclusively use his ice powers to start, and Bakugou will try to last until Todoroki has to use his fire powers to warm up, whereupon he'll try and get close for an all or nothing attack.

Blackhead

Redarse
Mmm... I think that was a waste of a chapter. I was already hyped for Bakugou vs Todoroki, no need for the random rant. Anyway I'll just chime in as well that this is a promising manga. I caught recently and will be following it week to week.

Mmm... I think that was a waste of a chapter. I was already hyped for Bakugou vs Todoroki, no need for the random rant. Anyway I'll just chime in as well that this is a promising manga. I caught recently and will be following it week to week.

I'll wager that we'll see this chapter pay off; some sort of headgames going on for sure.

Nightbird

It's kinda funny how Hero Academia is setting up to be one Jumps new Powerhouses in the Future, while Kouhei's previous Series Sensei no Bulge was axed after 16 Chapters, and Oumagadoki Doubutsen, his first Series was axed after 37 Chapters of constantly being at the bottom of the TOC.

I guess third Time's really the Charm hahaha

WarRock

I do wonder what is Tokoyami's super attack the girls were talking about. He can't be the regular jobber of this series man...

I don't really like how Todoroki and Bakugou are just blatantly better than everyone else to the point of being OP. How the hell is anyone supposed to beat them? Hopefully the 2edgy4me villain gets teleported in and murders them both instantly.

Maximo

I don't really like how Todoroki and Bakugou are just blatantly better than everyone else to the point of being OP. How the hell is anyone supposed to beat them? Hopefully the 2edgy4me villain gets teleported in and murders them both instantly.

Eh in terms of pure power they obviously have a leg up compared to others, it just means others will have to use their Quirks in more interesting ways to counteract their lack of power.

Boothisman.gif

OP characters are a tool, not a problem; Todoroki and Bakugou are very different assemblies on the "child prodigy" tropes, done properly there's potential for an interesting look into the contrast between the two. I'm curious to see where they go with them.

Besides, the two of them (Bakugou more so than Todoroki) are using their heads, so it's not like they're just dumb muscle. And Deku would be on their tier as well, if he could survive his own attacks :p

WarRock

Bakugou is not more OP than Iida (or the dry eye teacher). He is just showing more work.

Todoroki is, but that's his entire point, plus we are learning his weaknesses little by little.

Dresden

Power levels shouldn't matter as much once - or if - they switch back to more teamwork focused stuff. 1v1 battles with these skill sets are a waste.

SalvaPot

Power levels shouldn't matter as much once - or if - they switch back to more teamwork focused stuff. 1v1 battles with these skill sets are a waste.

Yeah, its mostly a showcase to reflect their personalities and for us to gouge their potential.

And for Bakugou to get his ass handed to him.

Top Bottom