• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

The drop down parachutes is the dumbest thing they could have added to the game.

So unnecessary and game becomes unplayable for a bit afterwards at times.

Zafir

Yeah I think it might be a little faster. I'm not sure.

Edit: I'm still not sure if it's a glitch tbh or if it's just playing the system.

Playing the system really. That's all it ever was I'd argue. You're not taking advantage of a bug or anything, just them forgetting to put limitations on VC earned from certain modes.

The only reason it's a problem is because it's the currency that you buy with real money. :p

Are there any good NCAA mods for this (or for 2K17)? Something that generate players, courts etc. and ideally lets you simulate & play through march madness? Any hope for a College Hoops 2K19? I can't believe that it has been 10 years since the last College Hoops title...........

Apath

Someone in the YouTube comments suggested changing the quarter minutes from 5 back to 12 and repeating to increase the amount of VC gained. I'll try that in ~8 minutes and see if it increases the amount of VC gained.

Also, fuck 2K for making MyTeam mode impossible without buying contracts. It's impossible to outpace the 13 contracts a game your team uses up with the cost of packs and frequency of rewards.

Does anyone have an experience in getting a refund on NBA2K18 from eShop?

I got in contact with Nintendo about an hour ago and they gave me a one time only refund. If you've never asked for a refund from Nintendo, you'll likely get one if you tell them how busted the Switch version.

Korezo

Try this one? I use the same release, but with base 49 instead, because I'm used to J.R. Smith's base. Just mess around and see what works best for u.

I need something like this for my Pure Shotcreator, I get no xp toward difficult shots because most of my moving shots are misses unless green. Was shooting 30% in my career trying to lvl up difficult shots, these moving shots are impossible even wide open. Switched from Lonzo ball, Paul George, to now steth curry shot. Shooting better % with curry shot but still bad % when a moving shot.

cHinzo

I need something like this for my Pure Shotcreator, I get no xp toward difficult shots because most of my moving shots are misses unless green. Was shooting 30% in my career trying to lvl up difficult shots, these moving shots are impossible even wide open. Switched from Lonzo ball, Paul George, to now steth curry shot. Shooting better % with curry shot but still bad % when a moving shot.

Try this method for difficult shots. U get way more than 1k exp for the difficult shot badge per run if u shoot it at a decent clip. I'm gonna do this after I get my Midrange Deadeye to gold.

jmizzal

Whats the deal with when you dont get a badge and it goes over the points you need, when do you get that badge?

edit
They gave it to me after a few

jmizzal

So I left a game online cuz I knew I wasnt gonna come back, and then after that I get a message from 2k talking about quitting a game is bad and so on and can effect you.

Its not like I disconnected my internet

Why doesnt 2K not have it like Madden online where you can give up if the game is over and you cant come back, its just a play now game stats dont mean anything

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
So I left a game online cuz I knew I wasnt gonna come back, and then after that I get a message from 2k talking about quitting a game is bad and so on and can effect you.

Its not like I disconnected my internet

Why doesnt 2K not have it like Madden online where you can give up if the game is over and you cant come back, its just a play now game stats dont mean anything

There's been plenty of times last year where our group wouldn't get taken together in walk-on, then staring at a black screen and having to close app. When we started it back up we'd be hit with a 15min and sometimes longer ban lol. POS servers

Ensoul

I want my money back for this game. They released a product that isn't fully compatible with the old ps4. I bought this game for mypark and it's barely playable.

Oh I'm getting some GREAT use out of this 4.8K VC exploit. Fuck VC and Fuck 2K.

Had an interesting talk with co-workers today about this game, we're talking about our players, archetypes, teams etc, and when we get to talking about ratings and I say 70....they clowned me for it lmao. They all proudly paid for VC to max out their characters to do better in online games with no regret.

Times are a changing man, people are really being conditioned slowly to think 'paying to be good' is something normal.

Finally got my guy to 80s. I still need to unlock some upgrades for ball handling and I'll be able to get Pro dribble moves. Freaking 1 pt away. Already have my contact dunks. It's about to get fun lol.

Btw, I think the simcast live method is a little faster. Seems like less of a loading screen wait.

Spy

Had an interesting talk with co-workers today about this game, we're talking about our players, archetypes, teams etc, and when we get to talking about ratings and I say 70....they clowned me for it lmao. They all proudly paid for VC to max out their characters to do better in online games with no regret.

Times are a changing man, people are really being conditioned slowly to think 'paying to be good' is something normal.
Tell me about it. I feel like an outlier when it comes to gaming.

The money is irrelevant, it's the principle.

ViciousDS

Banned
Fixed a case where game framerate would drop for the remainder of the game following a called timeout.
– Gray indicators have been added underneath the feet of your teammates in the Playground; it is now much quicker and easier to discern your teammates from your opponents.
– Global settings/options will no longer reset to default after entering a MyTEAM game.
– Users will no longer lose their facial hair when re-scanning their face.
– Addressed a case where Draft-and-Stash players in MyLEAGUE/MyGM would be signed to a $0 contract, while simultaneously being duplicated in the upcoming rookie draft (new save required).
– Generated prospects in future seasons of MyLEAGUE/MyGM will now always have heights appropriate for their position (new save required).
– Free agents 32 years or older will no longer pass up big money offers to sign for the MLE in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.
– Users will no longer display negative badge progress following an exceptional performance in MyCAREER. For those currently experiencing this, continue playing and your tally will be incremented towards your next bonus.
– Fixed a hang that could occur when the user was scrolling down the list of available shirts in the T-Shirt Kiosk.
– Improved framerate in the court area of the Playground when games are being played on most/all of the courts.
– Addressed a hang that could occur when bringing up the squad menu in a completely full Neighborhood.
– Fixed a soft hang in Live Practice where the ball would not get picked up when using the ball machine.
– Fixed an issue where the camera would always point to the middle of the court if the user had the Auto Flip option enabled while in the broadcast camera(s).
– (Switch) Improved framerate/audio syncing during tunnel/locker room scenes in MyCAREER.
– (Switch) Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Local Play from commencing when there were four participants.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves unless noted otherwise.

solid switch patch, everything else seems kind of weak

stay 3/10 2K

4.8k VC glitch? Which one is that?

Top Bottom