• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like Shaq and Kobe crying like babies. A focused Shaq and Kobe would have destroyed that Pissed-Ons team.

Hell, that same shitty team lost to the Spurs the next year and was never heard from again.

Dam you must have been mad at the time lol. I was glad that pistons team won, my favorite teams out of the champions the last 10+ yrs. spurs were amazing so there was no shame losing to them.

Dam you must have been mad at the time lol. I was glad that pistons team won, my favorite teams out of the champions the last 10+ yrs. spurs were amazing so there was no shame losing to them.

At least the Spurs had sustained excellence for 15+ years. That Pissed-Ons team was literally gone after 3 years and of all people, LeBron (who would go on to be swept in the next round) ended them.

6 straight ECF when the east was better (mid 2000s) says otherwise

Like Pippen said, it don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that ring.

overcast

I know this isn't the losers thread but who do you guys see competing with these teams next year?

Out west I think it's the Spurs and Rockets again. Cavs gonna walk to the finals again though.

I know this isn't the losers thread but who do you guys see competing with these teams next year?

Out west I think it's the Spurs and Rockets again. Cavs gonna walk to the finals again though.

Blazers with a full season of Nurkic will be in that 2nd tier in the west imo, might challenge golden state if they seriously get Paul George

Out east - bucks if they make the leap, wizards if they become way better defensively, Toronto if they modernize their offense and DeRozan practices facilitating more, and the sixers if enough people TTP. Maybe Heat give us a fun series of they get Hayward or something.

But mostly just the bucks taking another leap. Most likely team to legitimately challenge either so far as I can tell rn

Megatron

Why would Portland give up anything for a loaner? George can walk next summer.

Depends on what we give up. Thats true for everyone, so his price will be low. I would give up the 15th pick and one or both of our other firsts for George. The tricky part is salary. We would have to send out someone like Evan Turner to make the numbers work which is obviously another benefit for Portland.

Why would Portland give up anything for a loaner? George can walk next summer.

Portland looks like they might be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity. I'd risk George walking if I were them. The only problem is I think a lot of teams would be able to beat any offer the Blazers could make.

beat

If only more teams were smart enough to sign an injury prone player to a cheap deal only for him to turn into a two time MVP.
Curry was picked seventh. Klay was picked 11th. Draymond was picked 35th.

The Curry deal was the appropriate amount of risk for both sides, considering even at the time it was a discount relative to his skill but dangerous for the Dubs due to his injury history.

The Warriors kinda lucked into Draymond too, in that if David Lee hadn't gone out early in Kerr's first season with an injury, who knows how long it would have taken them to realize what they had.

Meanwhile, we got the Kings getting rid of Seth Curry and Isaiah Thomas, the Nets signing away their future on old players, the Knicks Knicks-ing everything, the Clippers stubbornly refusing to find a bench or even a quality SF...

If only more teams were smart enough to sign an injury prone player to a cheap deal only for him to turn into a two time MVP.

Given what Curry was at the time, they certainly didn't lowball him. That contract was worth more than what any other team would've given him at the time (especially the # of years- was fairly close to Ty Lawson's contract at the time which set the market at the time in terms of years and $$). I hope that article on Lacob not valuing Curry isn't true. It would be a huge mistake to not pay Curry the max and set a bad precedent for the franchise.

It's time to move on from this cheating stuff and get back to how they're just a bunch of goons.

paMum9f.gif

VeeP

Like Pippen said, it don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that ring.

"It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that ring"

"Yo fuck that player for ring chasing man"

What's the verdict Neogaf? Do we get mad at players for chasing rings? Do we get mad if they want to get paid instead of taking a pay cut and going to a team that's more competitive?

Also bro you sound way too salty. Chill. Lakers team was great. Pistons team was great - what they did was impressive.

Is there a single person on earth that believes Jordan would let himself lose to that Mavs team? That series alone shows why Lebron will never be in the same conversation. Despite how badly the sports media and his supporters want to talk about it.

jman2050

Is there a single person on earth that believes Jordan would let himself lose to that Mavs team? That series alone shows why Lebron will never be in the same conversation. Despite how badly the sports media and his supporters want to talk about it.

Still not as egregious a disappearing act as yours after last year's Finals.

TTG

They only won because Malone's knees choked and the Lakers had nothing behind him.

Oh shit, that was the Malone Gary Payton year? For some reason I thought that team was stopped before the finals. Glad that POS Malone didn't get a ring. Rodman was too early, Malone too late.

Boston + number 1 pick + another max player will be looking to take 2 games off the Cavs instead of 1. The Wiz won't be a threat to Boston as long as ol Scottie I got glasses so I'm smart now Brooks is coaching them. I don't know about the Bucks.

Out in the West it's still the Spurs, especially if they get Chris Paul. I'm not considering the Rockets a contender until Harden shows some heart. It's a hot takey stance, but they could get AD tomorrow and it wouldn't change my mind, you can't shit your pants like that and just start a new page next year.

6 straight ECF when the east was better (mid 2000s) says otherwise

Compared to what? The East before the big 3 Celtics formed was a fucking wasteland.

Pre-prime Lebron and a bunch of people from his local YMCA got to the finals in 2007 for fucks sake.

Blazers with a full season of Nurkic will be in that 2nd tier in the west imo, might challenge golden state if they seriously get Paul George

Out east - bucks if they make the leap, wizards if they become way better defensively, Toronto if they modernize their offense and DeRozan practices facilitating more, and the sixers if enough people TTP. Maybe Heat give us a fun series of they get Hayward or something.

But mostly just the bucks taking another leap. Most likely team to legitimately challenge either so far as I can tell rn

Don't really see much changing next season.

PG isn't moving until after next season.

Full season of unshackled Nurkic will be interesting but I don't see him putting the Blazers above the level of the Jazz or the Clippers.

Toronto has pretty much peaked in its current configuration. Don't see them putting much more fight than this year.

Wizards may become a challenger if they build more depth.

Sixers are perplexing. Next season is such a huge unknown.
If they stay healthy they can be a super team in a couple of years but I don't trust their current management not to blow it like OKC did.

Bucks are still another season away from the leap. They have the clear centerpiece now but we don't know if they have the pieces around him to mount a true challenge
Will Brogdon and Thon make a good sophomore year leap? Most crucially will Jabari come back on form after the ASB and can he stay healthy?
If at the end of next season both of those are true 2018-2019 season Bucks will be scary.

Jimrpg

No way would the Spurs trade Kawhi

I know that, but Kawhi might be the only guy who can stop Lebron on any given night. Draymond seems like he does not want to go 40 minutes on Lebron. Iggy has declined and Durant isn't the answer on Lebron.

And I don't think Spurs would take Klay, but they might take Durant.

The brow signs for minimum

As much as Brow would complete the small ball death squad, i don't think he can stop Lebron.

Zoggy

a lot of dumb memes and shitposting the last few pages.

this is my kind of thread.

warriors win but i'm rooting for Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom