• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Candy Swap 2012 |OT| (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasup

I'm in, it was fun the last time.

preferred country: outside northern Europe
Likes: almost everything sweet, sour and salty. Black liquorice.
Dislikes: nuts, peanuts, almonds.

Cyport

I love sweet things and I've done secret santa things before. I'm interested and why not!

Country of residence: United Kingdom
2 countries you would like to swap with: Japan and USA
Things you like: Candy, Chocolate, Boiled Sweets, Sours.. anything really
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: Don't dislike but no Hersheys. I have too much at home!

Kamaji

NeoGAF username: Kamaji
Country of residence: Sweden/perhaps Latvia
2 countries you would like to swap with: Japan or Korea would be a dream but i'm open to any nation.
Things you like: Gummy, sour candy, jelly beans, twizzlers and most other candies (If I get an american swapper some Jarritos would be neat)
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: Liquorice, chocolate

zroid

Banned
Somehow when I saw this thread I misread it as "Street Swap" and thought it was about finding GAF members to exchange games with on neutral turf.

CTE

Well, I would say unfortunately yes. My reasoning being is that Canada and U.S. being neighbors, that we get a lot of the same things. I thought it best to not pair up U.S. and Canada so that the swaps are as unique as possible.

But, If you guys from Canada say you wouldn't mind being potentially paired with those from the U.S., I can put you in the Other list to be paired.

You're crazy. Canadian candy and American candy can vary wildly. I don't want to do a big list, but every time I go to the US I bring back so much candy.

If more US slots open up, I'd like to join. I would love to swap with anyone in Asia, Europe, or Latin America. I'm a huge candy lover.

neocoder

Banned
I would like to participate if more US slots open up.

My other option would be to pretend that I'm from China/India/England as I have stores that stock those things in my town. :)

zroid

Banned
I would like to participate if more US slots open up.

My other option would be to pretend that I'm from China/India/England as I have stores that stock those things in my town. :)
Haha, actually in addition to those, I also know of a store kinda near me that imports confections from all over Europe. It's pretty out of the way, but when I'm passing by I always pick up a box of German marzipan and some other stuff. It's pretty cheap, too!

NeoGAF username: NihonTiger90
Country of residence: United States
2 countries you would like to swap with: Any
Things you like: Peanut Butter, Peppermint, Dark Chocolate, Lemon, Pumpkin
Things you dislike: Black Licorice, Bugs

Putting my name here for when some more US slots open up.

NeoGAF username: 898
Country of residence: USA
2 countries you would like to swap with: Anywhere, preferably Japan/Asia
Things you like: dark chocolate, peanut butter, toffee, rich flavors, peppermint, I'm willing to try anything
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: licorice

I hope US registrations expand. Thanks for taking over Bearded Dudebro.

Tigel

Why limit the Canada and US spots? Everyvone should be able to participate even if in the end they may not be paired with the country of their choice... :(

Anyway, putting my name here. I'm from Canada so I can get some awesome maple candies stuff :)

Neogaf user: Tigel
Country of residence: Canada
2 countries you would like to swap with: Preferably Europe/Asia/Australia, but anywhere could do.
This you like: sweet, sour, chocolate, something unique to your country/city. I'm not really difficult.
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: Black licorice. I have no alergies.

Why limit the Canada and US spots? Everyvone should be able to participate even if in the end they may not be paired with the country of their choice... :(

They limited because it was turing out one sided, If I hadn't, it would have been mostly North Americans trading with themselves. The goal is to trade with someone to get something different.

decaf

I'm in, but just FYI, I'm not sending anything til I receive this year. Last time I never received anything from my partner in Ireland.

NeoGAF username: caffeinedreamer
Country of residence: Japan
2 countries you would like to swap with: UK, Ireland
Things you like: Mint KitKats, Mint Clubs, Cadbury's Creme Eggs, Cadbury's Fudge
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: Everything else.

Just in case a certain "woodsey1982" shows his head in here, please ban him from this and/or NeoGAF. This is what I sent him this in last November's candy swap (I went over budget, and postage cost $50):

What caffeinedreamer sent woodsey1982 said:
Mn5xP.jpg

What I received:
Nothing.jpg

NeoGAF username: Baconsaurus
Country of residence: The Netherlands
2 countries you would like to swap with: preferably US or Canada
Things you like: True American candy. I've always wanted to try out beef jerky and cookie dough. I'm a big fan of savoury snacks and would like crisps/chips such as tortilla chips and other snacks they don't sell in Europe, those seasonal action flavours kind of thing. You can't go wrong with chocolate bars either!
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: I'm not really a sweet tooth, so not too much candy please.

Excited!
3AQmK.gif

Tigel

They limited because it was turing out one sided, If I hadn't, it would have been mostly North Americans trading with themselves. The goal is to trade with someone to get something different.
Yeah I understand, but if all else fails, I don't mind being paired with someone from the US. You could add Canada to the "Others" list like you suggested :)

Yeah I understand, but if all else fails, I don't mind being paired with someone from the US. You could add Canada to the "Others" list like you suggested :)

I had PM'd the other guys from Canada and received responses in position similar to mine. I could add you to the "Others" list, I'd most definitely pair you with myself. I was actually wanting some stuff like Jos Louis.

Tigel

I had PM'd the other guys from Canada and received responses in position similar to mine. I could add you to the "Others" list, I'd most definitely pair you with myself. I was actually wanting some stuff like Jos Louis.

Sure thing, if you are up for some Canada/Québec stuff I'm alright with this!

I'm pretty sure Canada qualifies as a "foreign country" to the US. You could exchange the exact same brands of candy and the US swapper would still come out ahead, because I don't think Canada uses HFCS in everything like we do. Also, there are regional candies you're only going to get from any one area, foreign or domestic.

Free our Canadian brethren!

Fox Mulder

I'm pretty sure Canada qualifies as a "foreign country" to the US. You could exchange the exact same brands of candy and the US swapper would still come out ahead, because I don't think Canada uses HFCS in everything like we do. Also, there are regional candies you're only going to get from any one area, foreign or domestic.

Free our Canadian brethren!

yeah, the whole point is to get unique stuff. As long as we all accomplish that, I don't care if it comes from Canada.

blackwatchplad

Neo Member
I'd love to sign up again if there are any more openings.
Or if all else fails, trade local things from around here to someone else in US perhaps?
My friend really wants to do this, after telling her about the last one, so we may just do one box between us.

NeoGAF username: blackwatchplad
Country of residence US
2 countries you would like to swap with Anyone, but had UK last time (i'm okay with it again however)
Things you like Anything but bugs
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to Bugs

Maybe someone across the pond (or on the other side of the world) would like to do ..two boxes??

NeoGAF username: show me your skeleton
2 countries you would like to swap with: America & Japan
Things you like: Peanut butter, white chocolate, fruit-flavoured candy
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: No allergies, dislike dark/bitter chocolate.

NeoGAF username: YoYoSwitch
Country of residence US
2 countries you would like to swap: Japan & Sweden (really want to try some strange salty things. Djungelvraal and the like. Japan for the cray flavored kit kats :)
Things you like: ANything Really. Really like chocolate and fruity things. Sour too. Creme Eggs too! Minty stuff too!
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: not allergic to anything. Anything licorice, don't bother sending, hahaha. I am up for trying anything else

:) this sounds fun :) always wanted to do something like this.

In for sure. Last time was awesome and a ton of fun.

• Username: TurbulentTurtle
  • Country of residence: Canada
  • Would like to swap with: Any country outside of North America is fine
  • Dislikes/Allergies: Sour stuff, chewing/bubble gum

Lirlond

Posting on behalf of a banned member, if its not allowed, just say. PM me and I can get you his email.

NeoGAF username: J Tourettes
2 countries you would like to swap with: Any outside of Europe
Things you like: Anything but especially anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate (looking at you, US-Gaf). Charleston Chews are also amazing.
Things you dislike: Nothing springs to mind, although not so big on sweets ie gummies, hard candy etc, prefer chocolate or savoury stuff.

If people are worried about my credentials, I sent this previously:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23256504&postcount=635

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29576928&postcount=430

I spend a fair bit so a $50 limit would be more to my liking.

Thanks.

mitheor

NeoGAF username: Mitheor
Country of residence: Spain
2 countries you would like to swap with: Any (preferably Europe)
Things you like: Anything, willing to try something new
Things you dislike: chewing/bubble gum

SKINNER!

Banned
NeoGAF username: shorty_symd
Country of residence: United Kingdom (Scotland)
2 countries you would like to swap with: Japan (preferably) and USA
Things you like: dark chocolate, peanut butter, anything with mint, mostly soft chewable sweets (only hard candy I like are the sour kind), love hot tamales sweets from the USA. To be frank, I'm willing to try new things so I'd be happy to accept unusual/unique edible items.
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: No allergies. Liquorice.

jiggles

Banned
NeoGAF username: jigglywiggly
Country of residence: Ireland & UK
2 countries you would like to swap with: Any Europe and Japan, but I'd take US/Canada too.
Things you like: I love gooey chocolate things and fruity gummy things, but I'm totally open to try out new things.
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: I'm allergic to poultry, but I don't forsee that being a problem. I'm not crazy about liquorice or dark chocolate.

Nice to see more international members signing up.
I was in Hong Kong the last time we had the candy swap and I got some awesome Austrian candy. I was waiting for this to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom