• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF comments cited by ExxonMobil in trademark lawsuit over FXX logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dyzubf.gif

GUILTY

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, I read this on mobile and I literally cracked up laughing in a store. And Ben Kuchera says that GAF and Twitter are nothing to the mainstream, yet here we are being cited as evidence (which is hilariously wrong but still awesome!) in a lawsuit!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It amazes me how GAF even manages to find these things.

Kinyou

Now the defense gets to be like "Yes, but have you seen Hateradio and Gungho's other posts on GAF? Honor, for your perusal I'd like to present..."
Gotta dig up that dirt "Were you or were you not banned during the month of July!!!???

jambo

Best thing would be for a mod to edit it with a random 4chan picture generator so that when they try to print the page or produce it as evidence you never know what you're gonna get.

Well done Gungho, your tag is well deserved.

So how would the lawyers find this comment? Google "Exxon" and "FXX" and go through every article looking for evidence?

Numerous internet postings show users exposed to point 36 making an association between the users cited in point 36 and foolishness, including without limitation the following:
a) a comment on NeoGAF.com by user "ronito" responding to point 36 and saying "Now the defense gets to be like "Yes, but have you seen Hateradio and Gungho's other posts on GAF? Honor, for your perusal I'd like to present..." "
b) a follow-up comment, in the same thread on NeoGAF.com, in which user "Count Dookkake" quotes the comment by "ronito" and states "This would be amazing."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84547173&postcount=36

WUT HOLY SHIT WUT 2012 PYRAMIDS 9/11

Apoptomon

Wow
this thread
such influence...

But will it be worthy of being listed among 'classic' GAF threads?

What other nefarious deeds has GAF wrought upon the world?

Septimius

I'd like to state for the record that I do not believe the FXX logo to be inspired by the Exxon logo.

Now both grounds have something to bring to court.

Guerilla

Wow
this thread
such influence...

But will it be worthy of being listed among 'classic' GAF threads?

What other nefarious deeds has GAF wrought upon the world?

I don't think it's that influential, Exxon just googled specific keywords that would fit their narrative and found those neogaf posts, it could happen with anything being discussed really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom