• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Goodbye 2012!)!

Sora_N

2012_12_26_haul_zps364f81c2.jpg

My Boxing Day haul (got 50% off one of those post office sets + log cabin, got lucky with a scratch card!).

Mike.83

Treated myself using money I got for Christmas

ibgtYaY0hg8lg1.JPG

The guy in the store asked me 'Does it play DVD's yet' with a slight snigger.

"I dunno" I replied "My DVD player does that, this plays GAMES!"

In his face!

My best pickup of the year finally arrived. Expensive but well worth it.

yygDQ.jpg
gQFIb.jpg

If I had known about this concert back then, I would have moved heaven and earth to go there. :p
You can find most of it (if not all) on Youtube, but after so many years listening to it for free it just felt wrong. Also best possible sound quality is a huge factor lol

Here are a few tracks:
Kenji Kawai — Theme Of Patlabor 2
Kenji Kawai — Ghost in the Shell Suite

What a great way to close the year.

zmet

Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition
jp87.jpg

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 1.5 TB External USB Hard Disk Drive
jp88.jpg

Got this for the Wii U and it works great! I downloaded Nano Assault Neo (great twin-stick shooter, by the way) to test it out and everything loads fast, but the noise it makes after waking up from sleep mode can be jarring.

Cotton Original Soundtrack and GUN FRONTIER/METAL BLACK/DINO REX Sound Tracks for Digital Generation ~GameMusic Discovery Series~
jp89.jpg

Soundtracks included in the Cotton collection: Cotton (arcade, X68000, Neo Geo Pocket), Cotton Original (Playstation), Cotton 100%, Panorama Cotton, Cotton 2, Cotton Boomerang, Rainbow Cotton

Gun Frontier and Metal Black have the arcade and Saturn versions of the soundtrack, while Dino Rex has only the arcade original on disc 3 along with some arranged Gun Frontier and Metal Black tracks.

Lol thanks? :p

Was gonna get the MGS: Rising ones, but the MoHan ones stuck out more. And since they're long johns, no one's gonna see them anyways.

The sweatshirt's kinda a joke because I keep singing the damn jingle at random due to being perpetually stuck in my head.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Not much this month...

I did get Sonic Monopoly for Xmas though from my Brother. Yet to open it.

I did bake these cookies though...

3CjDn.jpg

tPMrn.jpg

Stay tuned for next month though...I have some big pick ups. Sega fans will like.

FaithRaven

Neo Member
Treated myself using money I got for Christmas

ibgtYaY0hg8lg1.JPG

The guy in the store asked me 'Does it play DVD's yet' with a slight snigger.

"I dunno" I replied "My DVD player does that, this plays GAMES!"

In his face!

That or "Don't care, I own a Blu-ray player for 5 years now".

While DVD playback might have helped the Wii a bit back in 2006 I really see it as a useless feature on Wii U.

Was thinking about picking up the new 27" iMac, but after some thought upgradability won out against sexiness. Even though, after seen dat screen in person I instantly regretted it!

I'll mainly be using it for gaming and editing so I had to go all out on the parts.

SPECS:
Core i7 3.5GHZ
GTX 670 2GB
480GB SSD
16GB RAM
Corsair 600T Case
H100i CPU Cooler

It runs Win 8 Pro & OSX ML.

Anyways, here are the parts in a group shot:

aPnR1.jpg

Then the late to arrive H100i

KmQBt.jpg

Everything put together

ZmiCj.jpg

And turned ON

kU0Gj.jpg

Front view

b3cvr.jpg

I got 2 free games, but since I have no interest in the AC series I'll give this one away to some lucky poster/lurker who has the system to run it, as a late christmas gift. Enjoy.
Aa3Jk.jpg

LadyRiven

Officially Licensed Noble Collection 'Orcrist' replica (Thorin's sword from The Hobbit). It's not quite as nice as the $300+ United Cutlery replica, but it'll do :)

dsc01266is.jpg
dsc01274mw.jpg

dsc01270zn.jpg

dsc01278hi.jpg

I actually forgot to take a photo of the entire sword, oh well, you get the idea. I've always wanted a sword to hang in my studio, and being a huge Tolkien dork it had to be LotR/Hobbit related. This is basically my college graduation present to myself, and who can call themselves a fantasy nerd and not have a sword hanging on a wall somewhere? No one.

That's beautiful! I really like The Noble Collection items. I have the time-turner from Harry Potter and Arwen's Evenstar Pendant and I love them. I always wear the Evenstar pendant to the LotR films. (Of course I wore it to the Hobbit!)

John Blade

DSCN0032_zpsbfeca3a9.jpg

Got myself a Sony U71P UMPC. Working very well and the battery it's using is still very good. It's running Win XP for now and I am trying to get this UMPC to play MAME as I heard it work well with it.

Sigma722

Got a couple of screen prints recently:

This one was for The Faint show in Washing, D.C. a few weeks ago. My pal, and Gaf member, dreweyes did a print for the show, and we were able to get a few signed by the band. Here's mine:

Second one is "Tetsuo Wins" by Godmachine. It was part of an "Alternate Endings" gallery show at the Bottleneck. Pretty sweet.

Coconut

Banned
Got a couple of screen prints recently:

This one was for The Faint show in Washing, D.C. a few weeks ago. My pal, and Gaf member, dreweyes did a print for the show, and we were able to get a few signed by the band. Here's mine:

Second one is "Tetsuo Wins" by Godmachine. It was part of an "Alternate Endings" gallery show at the Bottleneck. Pretty sweet.

That Akira poster is the sweetest thing I've seen for days.

Gameboy415

Scooped these up @ Goodwill:

1212-Goodwill1.jpg

Got these screeners in a Secret Santa-esque game my family plays every Christmas Eve:

1212-Screeners.jpg

My Christmas Haul:

1212-Christmas1.jpg

-$100 to blow on Amazon, a "Beer Money" piggy bank, and this year's Swarovski crystal ornament

1212-SurroundSound.jpg

-Only the Speakers were a gift, I bought the receiver & cables/accessories myself. Everything I watch/play sounds AMAZING now! :D

Atolm

I see you're from Spain, where did you order the game from? I'm from Italy and want to import it as well without spending a fortune (and maybe avoiding custom house fees). Grats on the pickup!

Most people I know import from VGP, but usually I buy my imports at Play-Asia. If you choose Air Mail as delivery method there's a very low chance to get slashed at customs, this is my 4th import this year and so far no custom fees :). It can take a whole month to arrive, so be patient.

If you choose FedEx or any other, then yeah, you'll get your stuff in a week or less but you'll get your wallet raped by the custom fees :)

Top Bottom