• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2015 Awards

Damn fast turn around.

List is nice. One thing that pains me slightly is that Bloodborne edged W3 and FO4 edged Undertale. I always prefer more story-centric RPGs to more mechanic-centric RPGs. Still, they are game awards, not story awards.

Raylan

Banned
Bloodborne isn't a JRPG though.

1503.gif

Gattsu25

Banned
Damn fast turn around.

List is nice. One I got that pains me slightly is that Bloodborne edged W3 and FO4 edged Undertale. I always prefer more story-centric RPGs to more mechanic-centric RPGs. Still, they are game awards, not story awards.

Personally, I never care about the placement within the list, just that fact that something was placed on the list at all.

I know personally that my #1-5s can swap positions based on my mood that day.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Whoa touched a nerve apparently, settle down there slick. It's ironic considering that was exactly the point behind the post.

Games like Bloodborne cater to an enthusiast audience, Microsoft has a pretty solid lineup of exclusives for mainstream gamers.

Touched a nerve? Who are you even talking to. Lose the snark.

Yes, Microsoft has had a pretty great lineup of exclusives for mainstream gamers, no-one is dusputing that, but how does that warrant a 'SonyGAF' response or make us biased?
You act like the votes were cast out of some intrinsic love for Sony, regardless of the quality of the actual games in question. If anything, NeoGAF simply reflects trends in enthusiast gaming audiences worldwide.

LordofPwn

Great job OP. Solid list.
My only other comment is that I wouldn't consider Rocket League a new IP, it's a sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait are you talking about me or about you @_@
Cuz I like out-post you by 10:1 :V
What? I'm saying you couldn't possibly have expected stuff like Undertale, Rocket League, Life is Strage or Until Dawn on this list a year ago. And that would be surprising if you hadn't followed GAF all year. Not sure what amount of posts has got to do with it.

Whoa touched a nerve apparently, settle down. It's ironic considering that was exactly the point behind the post.

Games like Bloodborne cater to an enthusiast audience, Microsoft has a pretty solid lineup of exclusives for mainstream gamers. The latter isn't going to reflect well on an enthusiast forum.
I know it's anecdotal evidence, but all of my friends who don't normally play video games keep asking me if I've played Until Dawn because they think it's really fun. They don't know the names of any Microsoft exclusives except I'm assuming Halo, but they don't talk about Halo.

Ah, but it totally is.
Should have gone with "Ahahah" instead of just "Ah"

graffix13

Happy that people liked tales from the borderlands

I actually started playing this game because of seeing it on so many lists. I even went back and revised my list and put it #3 (before even finishing it). I love the previous Borderlands games (Borderlands 2 was my 2012 GOTY) but I was hesitant to play because it was just another TT game. Boy was I wrong. This game was fantastic! The story is so good and the humor is probably the best of all Borderlands games.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I know it's anecdotal evidence, but all of my friends who don't normally play video games keep asking me if I've played Until Dawn because they think it's really fun. They don't know the names of any Microsoft exclusives except I'm assuming Halo, but they don't talk about Halo.
I'm sorry I'm the one to tell you but I think your friends have been infected with the SonyGAF. :O

Touched a nerve? Who are you even talking to. Lose the snark.

Yes, Microsoft has had a pretty great lineup of exclusives for mainstream gamers, no-one is dusputing that, but how does that warrant a 'SonyGAF' response or make us biased?
You act like the votes were cast out of some intrinsic love for Sony, regardless of the quality of the actual games in question. If anything, NeoGAF simply reflects trends in enthusiast gaming audiences worldwide.

I'm not so sure about that, considering MOBAs, MP games or eSports in general are big, yet the majority on this site don't want to recognize them. I mean, LoL is magnitudes bigger than GAF.

RexNovis

Banned
Oh man so many fantastic games this year. Congrats to the teams at From Soft and CDProjekt it was a pretty close race all things considered.

Oh and my first time ever being quoted in a GAF votes roundup! :D

UberTag

The whole Trails thing is such a clusterfuck. A blemish on an otherwise decent GOTY.
I could go through the whole list of FC votes if there's interest. I suspect almost all of them were intended for SC but were parsed incorrectly against a Vita remaster nobody bought.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

the good-taste bros

my recommendations from good-taste-bros:
1. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (RPG) = 13 points
2. [PS4] Bloodborne (RPG) = 8 points
3. [NWU] Yoshi's Woolly World (Platform) = 7 points
4. [PC][IOS] Contradiction - Spot The Liar! (Adventure) = 3 points
5. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] Tales from the Borderlands: Episodes 2-5 (Adventure) = 3 points

Gattsu25

Banned
Fair enough and a healthy attitude!

Also, I kind of find GOTY lists inherently worthless as a means of declaring worth or validating my own opinions.

I find a community GOTY list like this fascinating more for finding some great games that I have missed and identifying games that I need to give another chance.

I must say we all have to give props to the top two games considering there developers were relatively small fish until recently.

Top Bottom