• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Sorian

Banned
btw, TY for compliments of logo <3

@Sorian.from.last.thread: hmm, retroactive logos could be a thing I might consider doing, maybe :eek:

*adds to list of many, many promises*

---

Lurkers, don't be afraid to donate your blood. Sign up

This forum game isn't as labour- and time-intensive as some may have lead you to believe. It's like playing Scrabble, or Clue. I don't even take notes.

I believe that was actually Ouro that asked for retroactive logos (I then jokingly asked for the same while excluding all Ouro run games). I believe I was much more selfish and slyly hinted that my Phoenix Wright merch is kind of ugly and could use an upgrade :p

Also, that bolded, lol

Coppanuva

I believe that was actually Ouro that asked for retroactive logos (I then jokingly asked for the same while excluding all Ouro run games). I believe I was much more selfish and slyly hinted that my Phoenix Wright merch is kind of ugly and could use an upgrade :p

Also, that bolded, lol

#TeamGutRead

I don't really take notes either. It'd be too hard to sync across devices.

Sorian

Banned
#TeamGutRead

I don't really take notes either. It'd be too hard to sync across devices.

The extent of my note taking is if a post seems like obvious bullshit but I haven't revealed why it's obvious bullshit (for example, I'm an unclaimed PR) then I'll just write down the name of the player and the post number. Past that though, yeah, I don't take notes. Unless you count me yelling at the walls in my secret room on outer gafia (or yelling at the walls in a spec thread).

cabot

Pronoun: M
Preferred: They all look good :)
Timezone: GMT-6

Hey guys.

Hey, beautiful people.

Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): Love Boat, Bloodborne
Time-zone: CST (-0600)

Hi I'm batsnacks nice to meet you

Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): Love Boat, Bloodborne
Time-zone: EST

Welcome back, gentlemen.

Assemble the disco line, scum club is back in session:

giphy.gif

cabot

I also don't take notes.

Sure, events like tunneling in and taking down El Topo and squidyj in separate games and them flipping town sure seem like red flags to my current methods, but hey.

I'm zen, man.

I'm zen.

Burbeting

Banned
I only take notes when I write reads-lists, but I basically then publish said notes as the reads, so they stop being notes, and become reads.

Other than that, I write stuff based on my head.

ultron87

I optimistically start a Google Doc for each game then barely use it because I'm reading the thread on mobile a lot and taking notes on a phone would just be annoying, right?

Kawl_USC

I don't take notes while following along, but when I sit down to an analysis of someone's posts I have my handy dandy actual notebook.

And excel spreadsheets for ONUW claims.

Sorian

Banned
I don't take notes while following along, but when I sit down to an analysis of someone's posts I have my handy dandy actual notebook.

And excel spreadsheets for ONUW claims.

Remember that one time I said I'd post a role list for ONUW but in actuality everyone was really a tanner or switcher?

lol

Kawl_USC

Remember that one time I said I'd post a role list for ONUW but in actuality everyone was really a tanner or switcher?

lol

1/4 tanners, 1/4 robbers, 1/4 troublemakers, 1/4 wolfs. Only way to play.

Whats the notebook say about Kawl_USC?

#selfanalysis

Needs to work on being appropriately possibly scum. Everyone agrees he is far too much of a stand up townie and so always gets NKd. If not dead by end game definitely scum.

Darryl

Banned
Lurkers, don't be afraid to donate your blood. Sign up

This forum game isn't as labour- and time-intensive as some may have lead you to believe. It's like playing Scrabble, or Clue. I don't even take notes.

1. It's really not that time-intensive. It just involves commitment and not giving up. I play almost entirely from my phone in my idle time. People are also patient and understanding. There are only basics to master in this game.

2. It's a very rewarding, highly educational, experience. You'll get hard lessons in logic and persuasion as your seemingly well-built arguments fall completely flat while someone's witty quips make them the belle of the ball. Learn why your arguments actually suck.

3. You are forced to make online frenemies, whether you like it or not. I go from loving to hating every one in this community on a monthly basis. When you are removed from a game, you have the option to join a group of spectators who will cheer or boo the remaining players on. You'll get to know everyone here if you put in even the slightest effort. I've spent my mafia time here insulting and berating everyone, yet I've grown fond of everyone here and cheer them on from the sidelines.

4. You can put all that intuition you think you have to test. You think you can tell when you are being lied to? Let's find out. It can actually be really hard to tell if someone is lying to you out of harm or because they're looking out for you. It's a gafia tradition to kill the doctor (one of the most common helpful roles) on the first day. See if you can be the one to prevent the doctor's inevitable demise, or maybe you'll be the doctor and see if you can go undetected.

5. It's a lot of fun. Having a hunch, following through on it, and finding out you were right is extremely addicting. Or being mafia and pulling off gambits can be some of the most hilarious stuff, win or lose.

If you have routine down time, mafia is one of the best ways to fill it.

Sorian

Banned
Somehow we still wouldn't get that sweet, sweet Tanner Victory. :(

Full disclosure, I already made the spectator thread for ONUW 9 (none of your roles are selected yet so I know nothing of how set-up looks) and the title is:

ONUW 9 Spectator Thread | That One Time The Tanner Won

So, don't disappoint me. No pressure or anything.

roytheone

I remember the one time I was a tanner in ONUW. I ended up with my role being switched...what was it again Sorian? 5 times switched? 6?

Sorian

Banned
I remember the one time I was a tanner in ONUW. I ended up with my role being switched...what was it again Sorian? 5 times switched? 6?

Had to pull up my old spreadsheet because I was curious.

ONUW 7 with Roy as the tanner originally. The alpha wolf took your tanner card and turned you into a wolf. And then the troublemaker (Splinter lol) came and swapped you and cabot. That's actually not too bad until we see that you became a Cursed during the actual day phase. Meaning you were trying to get people to vote for you but if a wolf voted for you then you would become a wolf yourself.

ie, I found your situation hilarious. 10/10 would laugh again.

Sawneeks

Banned
Full disclosure, I already made the spectator thread for ONUW 9 (none of your roles are selected yet so I know nothing of how set-up looks) and the title is:

ONUW 9 Spectator Thread | That One Time The Tanner Won

So, don't disappoint me. No pressure or anything.

Just because of that the Tanner will end up in the middle again lol.

giphy.gif

No more Switchers...please..

Sorian

Banned
Just because of that the Tanner will end up in the middle again lol.

giphy.gif

No more Switchers...please..

So a few things, I'm an honest soul so I refuse to re-roll roles but I might be tempted if Tanner is in the middle again (not true but I'll make my sad face at my computer for a good five minutes :( )

Second, someone (I'm thinking Launch or Blarg) made a gif using that dog gif but the images that were clipped in where things from the NX game specifically (Kark's gambit post, Mario party, etc.). Does anyone have that saved? Because I thought I did and I wanted it the other day and couldn't find it.

Third, switchers are great, so glad I was "dead" for that day of volcano island. I was more worried about who was in the afterlife to care what happened to those fools up top.

roytheone

Had to pull up my old spreadsheet because I was curious.

ONUW 7 with Roy as the tanner originally. The alpha wolf took your tanner card and turned you into a wolf. And then the troublemaker (Splinter lol) came and swapped you and cabot. That's actually not too bad until we see that you became a Cursed during the actual day phase. Meaning you were trying to get people to vote for you but if a wolf voted for you then you would become a wolf yourself.

ie, I found your situation hilarious. 10/10 would laugh again.

And this example right here is why a tanner victory is so hard. Even if you manage to get people to vote on you, there is still a reasonably big chance you got switched to something else, so being suicidal is probably not the best course of action. Personally however, if I get a tanner card and manage to get people to vote on me, I see that as a personal victory, regardless if my role got changed or not :)

I'm still trying to decide if I want to play this season. I think I'll sit back for a bit, and if we're hurting for players I'll jump in to help fill the gaps.

cabot

1/4 tanners, 1/4 robbers, 1/4 troublemakers, 1/4 wolfs. Only way to play.

Needs to work on being appropriately possibly scum. Everyone agrees he is far too much of a stand up townie and so always gets NKd. If not dead by end game definitely scum.

you need to take more chances, be thorough in your opinions. Like me, scum like me because I lean everyone to lynch other townies.

Be more like me.

(maybe less drunk)

Coppanuva

you need to take more chances, be thorough in your opinions. Like me, scum like me because I lean everyone to lynch other townies.

Be more like me.

(maybe less drunk)

Does this mean sober cabot would only lynch scum? But isn't sober cabot a #scumtell? I'm so confused.

Gorlak

Banned
Holy shit, I'm seeing Gafia members everywhere I go now. I wanted to get the HP crew to take a look at the Sorting head thread, but so many of us are already in there! (also Draco Gorlak got sorted into Slytherin :p)

Big thanks to Sawneeks! We are nearly done messaging pre-S4 people :)

Who wants to help to inform all the glorious Season 4 participants?

Sorian

Banned
Holy shit, I'm seeing Gafia members everywhere I go now. I wanted to get the HP crew to take a look at the Sorting head thread, but so many of us are already in there! (also Draco Gorlak got sorted into Slytherin :p)

As long as someone provides me a list then I'm always happy to send them out while I'm at work.

Sawneeks

Banned

Ew gross we don't need those people.

Send me some names and I can send some more PMs. :)

Top Bottom