• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated 2015 Game (voting ends January 1st, 11:59 PM EST)

UberTag

Let's look at my list from last year and see what actually came out...
1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC : I'll have been avidly waiting for the next translated installment in the Kiseki series for over 3 years by the time this releases. With 4 additional games in this franchise waiting to be played after this one, I may just dive into the deep end to soak in the rest once I'm through. The first game refined & delivered everything that I've loved about the JRPG genre since I first played Final Fantasy back in 1990. It married the charming characters of a Game Arts title like Lunar or Grandia with a multi-title story as ambitious as Xenogears. It is this generation's Final Fantasy equivalent and yet the franchise still remains undiscovered by so many JRPG enthusiasts.

2. X : The game that will get me to purchase a Wii U
3. Persona 5
4. South Park: The Stick of Truth
5. Bravely Default
6. inFAMOUS: Second Son
7. Corpse Party: Blood Drive
8. #DRIVECLUB
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD
So let's see... Gravity Rush 2 is vaporware, my Top 3 have slipped into 2015, South Park was great (and I platinumed it), Corpse Party: Blood Drive was great (but still has yet to hit North America - I can't even list it in my 2015 list due to it not even having a projected localization date), I picked up Bravely Default and inFAMOUS: Second Son and have relegated them to my backlog, ditto for FFX HD (although I at least played it for about a week) and I returned Drive Club after its noteworthy network issues at launch (plan to pick it up again once it's cheap).

EDIT: With today's news of Corpse Party: Blood Drive's domain registration and probable 2015 localization (these games don't get dubbed - just translated), I'm bumping it back into my list for this year.

So factoring all of the above, here's my revised list of anticipated titles for next year...

1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC : See what I wrote about it last year.
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Still the game that will get me to purchase a Wii U.
3. Persona 5
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
6. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
7. Corpse Party: Blood Drive
8. Pillars of Eternity
9. Tearaway Unfolded
10. No Man's Sky

I really need to make time to tackle Bravely Default off my backlog pile. Perhaps over the holidays.

Coxy

1: Yakuza 5: Yes god yes, an honest to goodness christmas miracle. I am so unbelievably happy about this coming out and I'm excited to go exploring 5 towns in it, if its the swansong for PS3 there isnt much I'd rather it be.

2: Atelier Shallie: Always love my gust games but this one seems like it'll be doing a lot of things differently, some of the setting and scenario remind me quite a bit of Breath of Fire 4.

3: Persona 5: I love persona 4 so much, it's one of my favourite games, but I dont care for Persona 3 at all. I could possibly have been much more excited for this but not having seen the cast or one second of gameplay its hard to be that hyped yet.

4: Final Fantasy XV: I dont have high hopes for the combat but they have NAILED the road trip film feel of the game. If they can deliver enjoyable exploration a good story and
likeable characters I'll be quite happy with that.

5: Ys 8: Excited to see Ys return to home consoles, hopefully this has actual Dogi and not another recoloured totally-not-Dogi dude.

6: Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC: This would be higher on the list if it wasnt sadly as far as we're ever likely to get in the Kiseki series :( I really want to play the Sen games someday.

7: Bloodborne: I really loved Demons Souls but lost interest in Dark Souls first at Sens Fortress, then when I tried to play it again, wherever the pitch dark underground area is. I hope Bloodborne will be able to catch my interest like Demons did with awesome creepy atmosphere.

8: Disgaea 5: Hopefully as great as Disgaea 4 was

9: Final Fantasy Type 0 HD

10: Silent Hills

Seanlole

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii u
2. Star Fox Wii U
3. Uncharted 4
4. Metal Gear Solid V
5. Xenoblade Chronicles X
6. Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken
7. Majora's Mask 3D
8. Batman Arkham Knight
9. GTA V (PC
Master Race
)
10. Yoshi's Wooly World

In fact, uncharted 4 is the only game worthing to buy a PS4 for me. i'll play MGSV for pc, such as GTAV

Gray Matter

Uncharted 4: A theives end: I cannot wait to see what naughty dog does with the franchise in the new hardware. Like we already saw, beautiful graphics, amazing attention to small details, expecting great dialog and a bunch of fun.

Zelda U: I haven't played a console zelda game since twilight princess. It's been too long. Will be buying a Wii U when/if this releases in 2015.

Tearaway: unfolded: Man, I played tearaway I'm the vita and I loves every minute of it. The art, the music, the charm, it's easily the best game on the vita. Can't wait to see what's new on the PS4.

Hotline Miami 2: wrong number: the addictive, rage inducing, bloody murser of the original, now even better, yes please.

The order: 1886: not 100% sold in this game but the graphics, music, and dialog are great. Still excited to see what's in store for us.

Rise of the tomb raider: don't have a Xbone (and probably won't buy one) but I loved tomb raider 2013, it was a great game. Bring on the tombs... For real this time.

lordxar

Metal Gear, No Man's Sky and Bloodborne are my whole list. Any other games I play are pure gravy. I am looking forward to a few games but if those releases are spaced out through the year I could be quite content.

QaaQer

1. No Man's Sky: Attempts something new and has real ambition.
2. Bloodborne: Procedurally generated dungeons means this game is also trying something new. It is not just steam punk dark souls.
3. Massive Chalice: Double fine, nuff said.
4. Battleborn: Say what you want about Randy, he has got vision.
5. 1886: The New Order: I think I'm ready for a well made linear 3rd person shooter again.

That's it.

jmizzal

1. Zelda WiiU : Open world Zelda and first HD Zelda main game
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Vast RPG
3. Devils Third : Fun looking multiplayer
4. Splatoon : New Nintendo shooter IP
5. StarFox : Hope they make a big come back
6. Mario Maker : Making Mario Levels great

Jawmuncher

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : Finally a new entry in my favorite series.
2. Silent Hills : Can't wait to see what Kojima & Co bring to the world of horror
3. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 : Glad to finally have a new RE with some great returning characters
4. Persona 5 : I've been needing more social links in my life
5. Uncharted 4 : Uncahrted back with the Real ND team should be fun.
6.The Witcher 3 : Can finally see the end of Geralts story
7. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : After so long I the japanese only title can finally be played by me.
8. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Interested to see the changes made to the sequel.
9. Resident Evil HD Remastered : It's a great game enough said.
10. Dead Island 2: Saber is a fantastic dev so DI should be great in their hands.

Farks!

1. Pillars of Eternity
2. Torment: Tides of Numenera
3. Grim Fandango: Remastered
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
5. Bloodborne
6. Batman: Arkham Knight
7. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
8. Just Cause 3
9. Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Myzer

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. No Man's Sky
3. Uncharted 4
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Ratchet & Clank
6. Bloodborne
7. Star Fox
8. The Order: 1886
9. Cities: Skylines
10. RollerCoaster Tycoon World

kgb_abc

Neo Member
1. MGS V : my favorite series since the NES days
2. Uncharted 4 : great series and developer
3. Bloodbourne : Never played any souls game but this just looks incredible
4. The Witcher 3 : Looks like loads of fun
5. Battlefront : interested to see what DICE has up their sleeves for this
6. Rainbow Six Seige : I love the presentation of this game every video released
7. The Division : Looks great but will reserve judgment when I see more
8. No Man's Sky : I like the idea but I'm not a minecraft guy so we'll see
9. Mortal Kombat X : I remember the days of pumping quarters into the arcade for the original MK. Always seem to like MK for my fighter fix
10. The Order : I think I'll like this game but I will wait for previews and reviews

Tregard

Soothsayer
1. Zelda U: It looks absolutely gorgeous and from what little we've seen appears to be what I've been waiting for in a Zelda game for quite some time

2. Uncharted 4: The gameplay from PSX was just so fluid and the environments were so lush it's impossible not to be excited

3. No Man's Sky: If the scale is anywhere near what we are expecting this should be an absolute marvel. Bonus points for Morpheus/Oculus support (if that happens).

4. Splatoon: Nintendo shooter involving lots of pretty colours and a killer soundtrack, what's not to love?

5. Overwatch: After an ungodly amount of hours have been put into TF2 for me, the formula is starting to get stale. Blizzard's take on the genre may have just what I'm looking for if the gameplay footage is anything to go by.

6. Rime: Tequila Works have shown a lot of potential, and I cannot wait to immerse myself in Rime. It's one of the biggest reasons I'll be investing in a PS4 early next year.

7. Mario Maker: The Game Awards trailer brought this right back up for me, the styles look brilliant and the possibilities seem endless. This feels like a game a lot of people have been waiting a very long time for without even realising it.

8. The Witness: Say what you want about him, but Jonathan Blow can write a hell of a puzzle. The demo at PSX seemed very promising and, again, very vibrant.

9. Until Dawn: Unexpected, but this has crept onto the list. I don't even particularly enjoy horror, but I can already envision my and my friends sat around yelling at the TV to hide under the bed and not knock over that goddamn vase.

10. A Hat In Time: One of my Kickstarter darlings, I still remain hopeful this game will make me feel the warm fuzzy things I haven't felt since Banjo-Kazooie was fresh and unexplored to me. Don't do me wrong, Gears for Breakfast!

Honorable mentions: The Order: 1886, Drawn To Death, Ratchet & Clank PS4, Majora's Mask 3D, Tearaway Unfolded, A Hat In Time, Devil's Third, Starfox U Xenoblade Chronicles X, Rollercoaster Tycoon World, Theme Park Studios, Firewatch, Cuphead & Just Cause 3. (Tacoma was in the top 10 but then realised that's schedules for 2016)

Donthizz#

1) Bloodborne

2) No Man's sky

3) Persona 5

4) Uncharted 4

5) Y's ; PS4

6) Assassins Creed

7) Xenoblade Chronicles X

8) Rime

9) Order 1886

10) MGS V

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U :
    I’ve enjoyed every recent Legend of Zelda game. I think Skyward sword might even be my second favorite. So I’m sure I’ll enjoy the next one.

2. Ratchet & Clank Redux:
    Still waiting on a new Jak and Daxter, but I’m fine with this in the meantime. Since it’s a complete reimagining and not just an HD remaster or remake, I’m hoping it can breathe a bit of new life into the franchise. It’s still fun, but the formula is getting a bit tired.

3. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell :
    I had fun with The Third and IV, the former more than the latter, but I still enjoyed the co-op. Lots of random fun.

4. Trails in the Sky: 2nd Chapter: (Carry-over from last year)
    This is a sequel to the PSP's best JRPG. The story, characters, battle system and characters were all terrific. Plus, I've been waiting for this to be announced ever since I finished the first one back in 2011.

5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D :
    Maybe this time I’ll get all of the masks.

6. Rise of The Tomb Raider :
    I don’t think I’ll play t next year if it doesn’t make it to PS4, but since my brother might get an Xbone so maybe I’ll rent it. I still want to play this because the original 2013 Tomb Raider was probably my favorite game of that year.

7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End :
    It’s Uncharted from Naughty Dog after The Last of Us. Troy Baker is Nolan North’s older brother. Madness.

8. Splatoon :
    New Nintendo IP. Plus it looks fun.

9. Star Fox :
    Star Fox and Star Wars in the same year. Madness.

10. Tales of Zesteria :
    I have yet to finish either Tales of Xillia 2 or Tales of Hearts R. Zesteria looks like it will be better than the other recent console games.

Vizzeh

Banned
1) Bloodbourne - Need some good challenging souls gameplay. With a dark atmosphere.
2) Witcher 3 - Looks stunning, epic world to get lost in, hoping it hits the Skyrim notes
3) Uncharted 4 - Anything Naughty Dog turns to gold, some great visuals, light hearted adventure and hopefully inovation.
4) Final Fantasy 15 - I need a decent FF in my life, havent played a good 1 since 10.
5) Dying Light - I am a sucker for Zombies, Co-op is a plus and the nighttime survival has me intrigued.
6) The Order 1886 - CGI Visuals, good Supernatural/Lycan elements blended with a victorian Gothic setting, doing more with the shooter for me than COD etc
7) MGS5 - Played them all, up to now, each one has a cinematic feel to it, gripping.
8) Routine - Interesting looking horror, set on an abandoned Moon base
9) Silent Hills - PT blew me away with scares + visuals.. as did the previous games in the franchise, a blend of both will see a fantastic game, some great talent producing/writing/directing.
10) Soma - Been on my raider for a while, another horror with interesting concepts.

No doubt I have forgotten some important titles I am looking forward too, there are a few that could easily make the list with some hard thought pondering but that's fairly close and could change on more released footage, ie The Division could easily drop off considering Ubisofts abysmal record of late.

edit: Division dropped

edit2 - Descriptions added.

Begaria

Some people are listing FFXV for 2015?

g47kuwkd7kyqdgwqfzt6.png

zlatko

Banned
1.Metal Gear Solid 5 : Mostly because of MGO. I love MGO. Day zero. PS4 version into meh veins!

2.Street Fighter 5: Not confirmed yet for a release date, but I would wager holiday 2015 is a safe bet. Ono knows how to make a great game. I can't wait!

3. Persona 5: Follow up to my favorite JRPG of all time? Yes please. If anything could pull off being my GOTY out from MGS5 it would be this. If a cast that is as likable as the 4 crew gets together in an engaging story with solid gameplay improvements then it should be a no brainer.

4.The Division: Ubisoft be damned, but this looks like everything Destiny could have been. All over this TPS RPG MMO hybrid.

5.The Witcher 3: Witcher 2 was the best game I played the year it released. 2015 is more jam packed, but here's hoping it'll get a #1 or #2 spot over the ones above my personal list here so far.

6.Halo 5: Even with the sour taste of MCC in my mouth I am still eagerly awaiting this. I feel it's a make or break for 343i. They've gotten a LOT of wiggle room from the fans and this will be their chance to deliver on a lot of promises.

7.Bloodborne: Loved Demon's Souls. Dark Souls and DS2 are also great, but Demon's was just a burst of fresh air out of nowhere. I'm hoping to get a new burst with this game next year.

8.Rainbow Six: They've shown some fairly good gameplay so far. Something if released at the correct time would get a buy from me without hesitation.

9.Uncharted 4: So far down the list! I need to see more. Uncharted 3 was good, but Uncharted 2 was amazing. It's hard to surpass what impact Uncharted 2 had the year it released. With the Last of Us under their belt I feel Naughty Dog has a chance here to really take things to another level.

10.Tomb Raider: I loved the first one they put out. Story was meh, but the gameplay and multiplayer is a great package. Here's hoping they can elevate it to the next level to pull off a Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 kind of leap.

jem0208

We are about to have one of the absolute biggest years of gaming. There has to be something.

Halo 5. That's because it's Halo...

I mean there are a bunch of cool looking games. Arkham Knight, Quantum Break, Witcher 3, Rainbow Six: Siege, The Division etc.

However none of them are grabbing my attention enough to get me excited.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Naughty Gods
2. Bloodborne : Aww Yeah
3. Doom
4. Metal Gear Solid V
5. Mortal Kombat X
6. Star Wars Battlefront III
7. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
8. Axiom Verge
9. The Legend of Zelda
10. Hyper Light Drifter

1. Evolve : I played far too much of L4D 1 and 2 and have played over 60 hours of the Evolve alpha. Just give it to me already.
  2. Persona 5
  3. Until Dawn : I love the marriage between Heavy Rain and slasher film. This was practically made for me. One of my dream game concepts, for sure.
  4. The Witcher 3 : This would be higher but the numerous delays, rumors and off-looking screenshots has me a bit worried. Still, I have hope!
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  6. Massive Chalice : X-COM + Long Live the Queen + Fire Emblem? Yes please!
  7. Bloodborne
  8. Ori and the Blind Forest : This wowed me at E3 and I still can't wait to get my hands on it. Looks like it will be something special.
  9. Disgaea 5
  10. Pathologic Remake : There's very little info out about this but the trailers and teasers have been promising.

If I can't use the Pathologic Remake as my #10, use The Devil's Third. Christ, that was a difficult list to make; it felt like I was picking between children to send to the incinerator. I guess that bodes well for 2015! There were a bunch of other titles I wanted to use but they aren't coming out until at least 2016 (Silent Hills, SMT X FE, etc.).

LGom09

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Because Zelda is my second favourite franchise (Metroid) and Skyward Sword was disappointing.
2. Bloodborne : Loved Dark Souls. Still need to play DeS and DSII, but I'm hyped for this nonetheless.
3. The Witness : Was on my list last year too. Still waiting.
4. Splatoon : Because it's fresh and inventive.
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D : Shamefully, I've never completed this.
6. Xenoblade Chronicles X
7. Uncharted 4
8. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
9. Ghost Song
10. Batman: Arkham Knight

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
1. Zelda Wii U
2. No Man's Sky
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Xenoblade X
5. Rime
6. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
7. Yoshi's Wooly World
8. Splatoon
9. Majora's Mask 3DS

Burning Justice

the superior princess
1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC : Been frothing at the mouth for this ever since I played the first Trails in the Sky on PSP about three years ago. I even double-dipped on the game on PC to help ensure later games in the series get localized, which is something I almost never do. Cannot wait for this.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles X : Really liked the first Xenoblade, and the direction that they're taking this looks really interesting.

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Love Uncharted. This one looks really good.

4. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : Huge fan of the Zelda series. Can't wait to play this. Only reason it's not higher on my list is because they haven't shown enough to get me really excited.

5. Persona 5 : Love Persona 3 and 4, and am excited to see where they take this.

6. Splatoon : From what we've seen of it, it looks like a really fun multiplayer shooter with an interesting spin.

7. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. : I like strategy games, especially the ones made by Intelligent Systems, so this looks right up my alley.

8. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D : I'm normally not big on ports and remakes, but I'm willing to make an exception for my favorite game of all time.

9: No Man's Sky : Not 100% sold on this, but it looks intriguing, from what they've shown.

10. Halo 5: Guardians : Cautiously optimistic about this one. I enjoy the campaign in Halo games, but I feel the multiplayer has gotten worse recently, so we'll see how this one is.

Kar

1. Uncharted 4:
2. Mortal Kombat X:
3. The Witcher 3:
4. Bloodborne:
5. Rime:
6. The Order: 1886:

Kriken

Reserving post, will edit with better details later

1. Zelda U: The latest Zelda installment of A Link Between Worlds helped to restore my faith that Zelda games could minimize the handholding for the players. While Skyward Sword was nothing to write home about, it did provide excellent dungeons. Both of these factors and the idea of an open world Zelda with its unique art style gives me a lot of hope for this upcoming title. The VGA demo did give me a little doubt where they showed off a part of the overworld with a whole lot of nothing, but the rest of it combined with various means of transportation (Epona, quick travel, sailcloth, etc) leads me to believe it will be more about the journey than the destination and I cannot wait to traverse the new world of Hyrule.

2. Xenoblade X: All I needed to hear was that there would be a sequel to one of my favorite RPGs in years and I would blindly put it in my top 5 for hyped releases. One of my favorite things to do in Xenoblade was explore the world of the Bionis and Mechonis, Xenoblade X seems to give just that and more with the addition of mechs. The E3 coverage just made me feel better and better about this game, and I look forward to finding the time to put aside beating it week 1.

3. Majora's Mask 3D: A remake to my all time favorite game? Fuck yeah I'm excited. I really love this game and I hope I can convince people who haven't given it a fair shot to take another look.

4. Arkham Knight: Arkham Origins was a massive letdown for me, but I bought the game because I loved Asylum and City a lot. With Rocksteady back on the Arkham series, I'm willing to look past Origins to view Arkham Knight with a clean slate. My only concern so far has been the implementation of the Bat Mobile and right now I'm not feeling comfortable with it. Maybe I'll get into it as they show off more gameplay, but I love the combat they've shown off so far.

5. MGSV: While I haven't bought Ground Zeroes, I did beat the game on a rental. I loved the gameplay of Ground Zeroes and felt like it was a demo for The Phantom Pain, and that's a good thing. Before this year, I've only played MGS 2 and 3 and MGS 3 is in my top 10 games of all times and I'm hoping this can bump it out.

8. Star Fox U: While I'm not a big Star Fox fan, I am a HUGE Rogue Squadron fan, and I would love nothing more than an aerial combat game similar to Star Fox 64 and Rogue Leader.

7. Yoshi's Woolly World: And now I've reached the point where I'm just trying to fill out the list. Truth be told, I've never beaten a Yoshi game, the closest I've gotten is a few levels in Yoshi's Story and I wasn't that impressed. So why is this even here? Well the look of this game is such a relaxing feel similar to Epic Yarn where a game doesn't need to be complex or deep to be good. I feel like YWW will be one of those "Play for a bit after a stressful day" type games and I'm looking forward to that.

8. No Man's Sky: While I really like the concept presented during E3, I'm still asking myself what this game IS exactly. I know there are threads explaining what it is and what you do, but I'm still not 100% sure. What I am sure of is that it looks like a fun, unique experience every time it will be played.

9. Uncharted 4: This would be much higher up if I had a PS4 or finished an Uncharted game. As of right now, I've only played a few chapters of Uncharted 2 and loved it. The only problem I have is that there's a nagging voice in the back of my head telling me why I've only played a few chapters and not the whole thing. I'm sure my opinion will change greatly after finishing it, but this list is for right here, right now.

10. Splatoon: This IP really reminds me of when Nintendo was a bit more ambitious with Pikmin and I love Pikmin. I really am looking forward to it, but if I was taught anything this year with Titanfall, a really cool concept with an ambitious team can only go so far when your interest in the genre as a whole isn't all that high to begin with :/

1. Bloodborne - Miyazaki took Demon's Souls, threw it into bestial-nightmare Victorian era London, gave it an adrenaline shot, and handed it a gun. I need this game.
  2. Star Fox Wii U - Maybe I'll get to play a game on the Wii U with Wolf O'Donnell in it.
  3. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - Adding more content to Dark Souls II certainly can't make it any worse.
  4. Resident Evil: Remake - I never beat REmake. When I played it, I was too young to appreciate old-school survival horror.
  5. Superhot - SUPER…HOT…SUPER…HOT
  6. SOMA - Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra series are really good horror games. I'm curious to see what Frictional Games has in store.
  7. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Hotline Miami is super awesome. Nothing more needs to be said.
  8. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - I had a lot of fun with GZ.
  9. Mortal Kombat X - By god, it looks like they've finally smoothed out the MK gameplay.
  10. Cuphead - Look at it. No, seriously, look at it.

Silent Hills & Street Fighter V would be #2 & #3 respectively, but neither are confirmed for 2015.

1. Zelda U : Mainline Zeldas are almost always my favorite games of the generation so... how could it not be this? Stray thoughts - open world looks cool, graphics and art style look super cool, the talk coming out from the developers re: re-thinking the traditions of Zelda (plus the bold and mostly successful choices ALBW made) fills me with hope.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D : Never finished it on 64, been wishing for a port ever since, especially when I bought OoT 3D with my brand new 3DS a few years ago... very excited.

3. Mario Maker : This could be the best Mario thing ever, if it's done right. I have high hopes and low expectations, but I know I'll have fun with it regardless. "Right", by the way, means the following : No (or almost no) limits on the size of individual levels, the ability to connect multiple levels together in a bigger experience, proper online sharing, selectable physics to correspond to the selectable tilesets, game-specific quirks like hidden exits

4. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse : Canvas Curse is still the pinnacle of touch-screen gaming in my mind, and while I'm hesitant about the potential trouble using the gamepad as a second screen since it's so much further from the TV than the DSes two screens are... I have high hopes.

5. Mighty No. 9 (3DS) : I backed it so... if I wasn't excited I'd be having serious buyer's remorse. Mega Man and X sucked up a lot of my life as a kid and I still love those games to this day, I know it's not the exact same but I'm really curious to see where Inafune will take it.

6. Yoshi's Woolly World : I haven't liked (or been excited about) a Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island. Yoshi's Island was amazing and this game is the first one that looks to me like they might actually care enough about the franchise and what worked to get it right again. Cautiously optimistic.

I just need to fill these last four spots, but I'm not SUPER jazzed about any of these.

7. Splatoon
8. Starfox
9. Miyamoto's other project?... I guess?
10. Anything Metroid... I can hope, can't I?

Can you guess which systems I own?

bigjig

1. Bloodborne
2. Persona 5
3. Zelda Wii U
4. Witcher 3
5. Metal Gear Solid 5
6. Xenoblade Chronicles X
7. Batman Arkham Knight
8. Uncharted 4
9. No Man's Sky
10. Mario Maker

Ho boy, bumper year ahead :p

curb

Banned
I don't have 10 at this point but here it goes:

1. No Man's Sky: I know this game has a lot to prove still but it has captured my imagination and attention like no other game in a long time. There's a chance it will be a dud but until proven otherwise, it's the game I'm most excited for.

2. Uncharted 4: Loved the other four entries. The PSX demo gave me everything I wanted to see as a glimpse of the next in the series. I'm a sucker for a good third person action/adventure and having recently finished TLoU for the first time, I trust ND to deliver.

3. Hotline Miami 2: I absolutely adored the first one and even if the sequel is just more of the same, that will be more than enough for me.

4. Batman Arkham Knight: Like UC4, I loved the previous games and everything I've seen so far looks great.

5. The Order 1886: That recent half hour gameplay leak got me super pumped. Like UC4, I just love third person action and the cinematic nature of this game plus the fantastically realized settings just looks like something I'll really love.

6. Witcher 3: Sprawling third person story based action RPG. I'm in!

7. Tearaway Unfolded: I loved the Vita version and the additions to the PS4 version look like a lot of fun. After getting the Platinum in the original, I can't wait to experience it again. That game has a firm grip on my heart.

8. Star Wars Battlefront: If this does actually come out in 2015, I'm hoping it will scratch the Star Wars gaming itch that's come back since I finished The Clone Wars and all the new movie stuff started happening.

Also, if I thought there was a chance Mass Effect would be out next year then it would probably be my #2 but since there's about a 0% chance of that happening...

1. The Witcher 3: TW3 was my most anticipated game for 2014, and it looks like it'll still be mine for 2015. Big fan of the game world and the books, and I have faith that CDPR will deliver with TW3.

2. Batman Arkham Knight : Arkham City was one of my favorite games of last gen.

3. Uncharted 4: Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed in years.

4. Persona 5: The next great JRPG. It looks like almost everything on my list are sequels.

5. Pillars of Eternity: Finally, an original IP! Divinity Original Sin was a pleasant surprise this year, and hopefully PoE will continue the trend of good indie old school RPG games.

6. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: Finally get a chance to see what all the fuss is about.

7. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes was enough to get me interested in MGS again. Expecting good things for MGS5.

8. Bloodborne : Dark Souls combat in a new Victorian style setting. Sounds good to me.

9. Xenoblade Chronicles X: Looks like a reason to finally get a Wii U.

10. The Order 1886: the gameplay doesn't look too captivating so far, but the graphics and interesting world may make it worth checking out.

Superflat

1. Uncharted 4 : After seeing the demo, it pushed me over the edge.
2. Persona 5 : Favorite jrpg series, will never not be excited for every info I get.
3. Bloodborne : Dark Souls is pretty much my game of the past generation.
4. The Order 1886 : Seeing more positive impressions and visuals bumped this up a lot.
5. Until Dawn : Looks like it will play well with a party of friends, I'm a fan of horror.
6. Persona 4 Dancing All Night : It just looks awesome.
7. The Witness : Amazing art style, very curious about the gameplay and discovery.
8. Batman Arkham Knight : Looks phenomenal, big fan of the "real" Arkham games.

Good job for the PS4 and its 2015 exclusives exciting the hell out of me. Aside from TLOU:R, it was really dry this year from the exclusive front; but next year looks insane.

GrayDock

1. MGS V
2. Bloodborne
3. Uncharted 4
4. Zelda U
5. Batman AK
6. SC II Legacy of the Void
7. Witcher 3
8. Star Fox U
9. Yoshi's Woolly World
10. No Man's Sky

But if SF V comes 2k15 it'll be number "V".

tolkir

1. Splatoon
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Rime
5. Bloodborne
6. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
7. Quantum Break
8. Bravely Second
9. The Tomorrow Children
10. Rive

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: An open world Metal Gear game where you not only adapt to your environment, but your environment also adapts to you.

2. Tom Clancy's The Division: A MMO taking place in an almost 1:1 scaled New York with some crazy gadgets to help you along.

3. No Man's Sky: It's like nothing I've ever seen before, a procedurally generated universe to explore is awesome.

4. Quantum Break: Like Alan Wake with Time Travel; a visually impressive adventure with unique combat awaits.

5. Halo 5: Guardians: 343i's second attempt at modernizing Halo looks to have great potential for success, but unfortunately also failure, thus placing it lower on the list.

6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: It's from Naughty Dog, not much more has to be said besides it having a reputation large enough to make Microsoft try to acquire Tomb Raider in an attempt to have their own.

7. Star Wars Battlefront: Despite the lack of information, it's nice knowing that Battlefront is back!

8. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege: Looks like a fun shooter where Counter Strike meets Battlefield in an intense 5 v. 5 hostage rescue situation.

9. Evolve: A fun twist to both cooperative multiplayer and hunting games that may sadly suffer from the same problems as Titanfall.

10. Homefront: The Revolution: While the first one was fun albeit underwhelming, this sequel seems to hit the right notes in making Homefront a notable franchise.

Euron

10) Star Fox Wii U: Next year, it will have been TEN YEARS since the last console Star Fox Title. One of the most commonly requested Nintendo franchises is now returning, exciting many. I've only played 64 and Assault but I consider them both great. Hopefully the release will be somewhat substantial and not just some short downloadable game. Then again, 64 wasn't very long to begin with. This may be unpopular on GAF but I really enjoyed the multiplayer in Assault and it would be great to see it in some form. Oh yeah, and Miyamoto is involved. That alone should get people excited.

9) Batman Arkham Knight: I've never actually finished either Asylum or City but I will not deny that they were excellent. Knight looks bigger than ever before, thanks to the use of the Batmobile. Graphically, it is one of the better looking games I have seen so far. It really looks like one of the first true next gen open world titles. Hopefully it'll live up to its legacy and Rocksteady finishes this trilogy (lol Origins) with a bang.

8) Xenoblade Chronicles X: It's been nearly two years since X was announced. But it did indeed blow my mind when I first saw it. Although it's exclusively on the Wii U, it has looked surprisingly nice in terms of visuals. A massive world to explore with interesting creatures does sound very enticing. I was never able to play the original Xenoblade but given the praise it gets from GAF, it'll be a must play for me.

7) No Man's Sky: I'm slowly discovering what this game is and right now, I like what I'm hearing. Exploration is something I love that I feel very few games are doing well these days. a galaxy full of planets and life to explore certainly sounds enticing. With any luck, this could be the next Minecraft for me.

6) Star Wars: Battlefront: Yes, I know, EA IS TEH EVIL THIS GAME WILL BE TEH BOMBA!!! Well, I'm hoping it won't be, since it has enormous potential for success. Hype from The Force Awakens will certainly make this one of the best selling games of next year. Hopefully the experience will be excellent, not plagued with bugs or heaps of microtransactions. Hopefully DICE will be given the necessary about of time. If so, it could be the best multiplayer game of 2015.

5) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Recent events have caused me to become somewhat uncertain about this game but everything else released so far has looked amazing. An incredibly massive world, deep story, abundance of choices and content, and (hopefully) great visuals are the main highlights of this game, delivering everything you can ask for in an RPG. Now please, no downgrade. Plz.

4) The Legend of Zelda Wii U: Although we do not know too much about it, a massive world and beautiful visuals already indicate that this game will be something to remember. As the first HD Zelda, everybody has high expectations, with good reason. The previous entry, ALBW, was one of the greatest handheld games ever made. Hopefully we'll actually experience this next year.

3) Uncharted 4: The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 are quite possibly my favorite Action Adventure games ever made. I have nothing but high hopes for this, especially after the demo. Open environments and a new stealth system will bring about great improvements to this series. I expect a great story with compelling characters and plenty of clever humor, essential to the series. And of course, it looks awesome already, possibly 11 months away from release.

2) Metal Gear Solid 5: I just want to begin by saying that Kojima has crafted two of the greatest trailers I have ever seen. That alone should grab everybody's attention. A massive world, different approach to stealth, hilarious Fulton Recovery System, and Kojima Humor are among the highlights of MGS5. Perhaps the most interesting innovation comes from Mother Base. The choices every player makes out in the field will have affects later on. Players can finally manage their own armies, control resources, and even invade the bases of other players while building theirs for defense. Above all else, MGS5 looks to tell a tragic and compelling tale of Big Boss' descent into madness. All of this will run at a full 1080p 60FPS on PS4 and PC, the quintessential next generation experience. Oh and MGS Online exists as well. So when is this coming out?

1) Bloodborne: Dark Souls was my favorite game of th seventh generation and overall one of the greatest RPGs ever made. With its creator returning, that alone puts Bloodborne at the top of this list. But the game is more than hype based on past success. A unique atmosphere, revamped combat system, significantly improved cooperative play, and some of the greatest bosses in video games will make Bloodborne stand out amongst ever other game in 2015 and become the first defining title of this console generation.

Mhmmm 2077

My list:

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: I know, I know - downgrades everywhere. I'm still hyped as much as I can, loved previous two entries and I believe in CDPR.
2. Batman Arkham Knight: wasn't really THAT much fan of a Batman, untli Arkham Asylum happened. Since then I love Arkham games, can't wait for this.
3. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U): What can I say, it already looks gorgeus and it feels like remake of the original NES Zelda, is this real life?
4. Fatal Frame V: Well, I don't know if it will ever come to US/EU, but if not in 2015 then never. Also, there will be a movie based on this game, so I guess it will be localized after all.
5. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain: Do I really need to comment? HYPE
6. Xenoblade Chronicles X: Holy shit, it's big. And it's awesome. And the soundtrack will be amazing too.
7. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D: Played it as kid, never finished though. Nostalgia.
8. Star Fox (Wii U): I want it to be good. N64-good or even better. I feel it will.
9. Grim Fandango Remastered -- Look point 7.
10. Star Citizen: GOAT space simulator? GOAT graphics? Brand new alien language (with help of linguists!). Sounds like GOTY.

About the last one... I wasn't sure if I want to pick Star Citizen or Scalebound, but since I don't have an Xbone yet, I chose Star Citizen.

1) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End :

It's Uncharted. I loved the first three games, UC3 being my favorite, and even though it was already my most anticipated title, the visuals and and improvements to gameplay sold me on it even more.

2) The Order: 1886 :

Even if what I saw of the gameplay sucked, I'd still get this game because of the visuals. Thankfully, the gameplay looks really great to me as well. Not to mention the whole theme of this game is very intriguing.

3) No Man's Sky :

Beautiful art, gorgeous visuals, amazing music, space combat, resource gathering, survival, universe exploration, space dinos, and more. I can't wait to play this.

4) The Tomorrow Children :

I love the whole idea behind this game. It's very imaginative. All the gameplay I've seen looks ace too. Then there's the crazy good visuals.

5) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :

I've never played any of the games in this series, but I want this.

6) Until Dawn :

I was already interested in this, but the PSX demo put it over the top.

7) Just Cause 3 :

Bruh, that grapple hook. I want to grapple and hook everything.

8) Bloodborne :

I've never played any of the Souls games, but I'm definitely loving everything I see about this. The much faster combat is one of the contributing factors.

----

Others:

Rime
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Crackdown 3

If I knew for certain the above games were coming out next year, they'd without a doubt be on my list, especially FFXV and Rime.

Ratchet & Clank
Quantum Break
Scalebound
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Abzu

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Whenever I get a WiiU, this will be the game I buy it for.

1. Hearts of Iron 4 :
I pumped something like 550 hours into Hearts of Iron 3 and the new game is adding a lot of exciting features. Overhauled production system which tracks the precise numbers of vehicles you're cranking out. Battle plan system that allows you to draw plans and have the AI execute them. Your plans can be stolen through the espionage system, which will finally add some depth to it (hopefully). I'm not sold on the new map, I think it looks hideous (functional, but ugly) but it's my most anticipated game of 2015.

2. Batman: Arkham Knight :
Huge fan of the Arkham series. Knight has pretty stunning graphics and I upgraded my PC this year in direct anticipation of this game. Rocksteady's final Batman: Arkhkam game before they go off to do whatever, and it's been in the oven for a long time. Fingers crossed for what will hopefully be the best in the series.

3. The Witcher 3 :
Witcher 2 was pretty good - not the best game ever but there was a lot to like and CDPR is clearly learning with each new instalment and major update. TW3 is looking great and will hopefully be my go-to Action-RPG for next year.

4. Pillars of Eternity :
Obsidian does good work in some ways but has never been shit-hot on the gameplay front. Or the "being free of bugs" front. This is one of their first games in aeons that isn't being made at the behest of a company that is putting them on a super tight schedule, so I'm hoping that it turns out to be something really special. It may be a bit too oldschool for my taste but I'll definitely give it a fair shake.

Jigorath

Banned
1. Bloodborne: Any Souls game will always top my list, one of my favorite franchises.

2. Uncharted 4: After TLOU and Uncharted 2 I'm curious to see if this game can match up. It looks like they already took a huge step forward with the core gunplay and we haven't even seen any setpiece moments.

3. Batman: Arkham Knight: This really looks like the definitive Batman game. I can't wait to cruise around in my Batmobile.

4. Persona 5: Persona 4 is still the best JRPG ever made. I don't know if this'll be localized in 2015 but I sure hope so.

5. The Witcher 3: The Witcher 2 is one of the most well written RPGs I've ever played. Makes almost every other Western RPG developer look like a joke. Only reason it's not higher is because I'm not a big fan of the combat system which I'm hoping receives a big overhaul.

6. Mario Maker: I've grown a bit tired of all the 2D Mario games being released, but one way to get me back in is to offer the ability for players to create their own lever in multiple Mario games. While this won't have the complexity of LittleBigPlanet I'm still going to sink a lot of hours playing other people's levels.

7. No Man's Sky: This is like the Star Trek game I've always wanted. Purely about exploration and discovery. Just going out into the beyond and seeing what you uncover. Only time will tell if it can live up to its lofty ambitions.

8. Until Dawn: This is basically a playable slasher flick. That's enough for me.

9. Metal Gear Solid V: If it wasn't for the blatant cash grab that was Ground Zeros this would probably be a lot higher on the list. I love the MGS franchise and I'm happy how Kojima is evolving the gameplay.

10. Yakuza 5: I'm so happy this is finally getting localized.

Top Bottom