• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

Frillen

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. God of War
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
8. Sniper Elite 4
9. Tales of Berseria
10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

PillarEN

1. Persona 5 : Love P3 and P4. This game is by far my most anticipated.

2. Nier: Automata : Huge fan of the first. Now we got some gameplay masters to help with this Yoko Taro joint. Excellent.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : A send off for the Wii U but beyond that it looks stellar. Look forward to just riding around on my horse in a vast land.

4. Resident Evil 7 : I dig the Condemned style from the demo.

5. Yooka-Laylee : N64 generation nostalgia about to happen? OK. Bring that style of games to the modern era.

6. Kingdom Come: Deliverance : Hometown devs. Let's see what they got.

7. Prey : Wish we got to see what the original version would have been. But I'll take a look at this version too.

8. Tekken 7 : Always been a casual fan of the series. Never disappointed to go a few rounds.

9. WipEout Omega Collection : My only real WipEout experience is with the PSP game. It was amazing back in the day. Wouldn't mind a new fun arcade experience in 2017.

10. Gravity Rush 2 : Don't necessarily think too much about this game and only dabbled with the first. Hoping it's a positive surprise for me.

1. Horizon : Zero Dawn
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Persona 5
5. Mass Effect : Andromeda
6. Dragon Quest XI : In Search of Departed Time
7. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
8. Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age
9. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX
10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

suzu

1. Persona 5
2. Nier: Automata
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Tales of Berseria

There are other games I'm interested in, but I don't care enough atm to list it or I don't expect an english release in 2017. I just want to play P5 already!

01DragonFly

1. The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild : Love everything from the new RPG element to the interactivity with the environment, cant wait to play it.
2. Halo Wars 2 : I have been playing Halo War:DE since I got my code so I cant wait to try the new game.
3. Scalebound : Big monsters,Dragons and platinum games cant ask for more(maybe a Scorpio patch).
4. Stay of Decay : Looking forward to the see what they do in the sequel.

Since I don't have a ps4 yet ,the switch reveal is pass the deadline and Microsoft has not show that many new games(probably for Scorpio reveal). Only this few games I look forward to play.

Tuttle

Neo Member
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Uncharted: Lost Legacy
4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
5. Everybody's Golf
6. Persona 5
7. Divinity Original Sin 2
8. Nier: Automata
9. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
10. Nex Machina

Honorable Mentions :

X. Sniper Elite 4
X. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
X. Mass Effect: Andromeda

Eirwat

Neo Member
1. Legend Of Zelda - Breath Of The Wild
Bewwno7l.jpg

With the possible exception of Xenoblade X i dont think I've ever been this excited for a game in my life. Its like a small pit of fire in my stomach every day, just waiting to be fanned with the slightest mention of anything nintendo related. I truly believe Breath of the Wild will bedre one for the ages.

2. NioH
F0SAem1.jpg

While i have long enjoyed the gameplay of the Soulsborne games, I've had trouble connecting with the aesthetics of souls games. Bloodborn was more of a success in that department, but This, this really appeal to me. I think its slihtly more realistic historical setting is whats doping it for me.

3. Nier Automata
y3GSpAD.jpg

Nier is my favoritt game of all time. There is now a sequel. By Platinum.
Also I tried the demo.

4. Yooka-Laylee
lgWAwu9.jpg

Rare is back female dogs. Watching Yooka-Laylee from anouncement to near completion has been an absolute joy. The apparent excitement of the crew and an expertly handled kickstarter has me in shreds waiting to play this bundle of joy and happiness.

5. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
m2nTWvg.jpg

If only there were more Jrpgs like Ni No Kuni. I feel like There would be a lot less shit thrown the genres way if the general consensus didnt picture big breasted anime girls when hearing the words Japanese Rpg. Also the first one felt like the perfect combination of Ghibli and Disney.

2017 will be great oh pleased be ye god

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
2. Rain World
3. NieR: Automata
4. Miegakure
5. Nioh
6. Below
7. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
8. Little Nightmares
9. Dino Frontier
10. Gorogoa

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Danganronpa V3
5. Nier Automata
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Red Dead Redemption
8. Nioh
9: Kingdom Hearts 2.8
10: Prey

Zolo

I don't think it is easy.

Top 3 will definitely be Zelda, Persona and Horizon though.

Yeah. Andromeda would be likely doing better if it had released more substantial info and trailers by now. Red Dead Redemption 2 would be doing a lot better as well if it had released more by this point.

I think it's really dumb to not postpone the deadline until after the Switch event, but whatever, not my thread, not my rules.

1. Nier: Automata : If this game delivers on that sweet, sweet Platinum gameplay and emotionally punches me in the gut the same way the first game did, this will easily be the best game of the year.

Everything from this point on is pretty much interchangeable. Nier's the only game I'm super excited about.

2. Earth Defense Force 5 : EDF! EDF! EDF!
3. Persona 5 : I played and enjoyed 3 several years ago, and I just finished 4 and thought it was even better. I really dig 5's style, so though I may not get around to it this year, I'm sure I'll play and like it eventually.
4. Sonic Mania : A Sonic game that actually looks good from people who seem to actually understand the appeal of classic Sonic. And as far as I know, no homing attack!
5. Cosmic Star Heroine : Looks like a pretty rad classic RPG, and I haven't played a bad Zeboyd game yet.
6. Scalebound : Kamiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole : The first one was a very pleasant surprise. Hope this one is as good.
8. Resident Evil 7 : I don't actually give a crap about RE7, but once it comes out, Capcom can start talking about the RE2 Remake. Reason enough to anticipate its release.

Games that would be my actual #2 if they were eligible:

x. Shovel Knight : Specter of Torment

Strike

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Spyderist

Banned
1. Nier 2
2. Persona 5
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Sonic Mania
5. South Park 2

All sequels, unfortunately, but none are part of the yearly release cycle except Sonic and his game listed is a fan made project that just happens to be funded by Sega.

1.Horizon Zero Dawn
2.Mass Effect Andromeda
3.Nioh
4.Tekken 7
5.Prey
6.Red Dead Redemption 2
7.For Honor
8.GT Sport
9.Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
10.Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III

There are other games I'd put in but not sure they'd count (God of War etc).

Is there a minimum amount of games required for your vote to count? I only voted for three games earlier in the thread and that hasn't changed but I'm curious if they'll still count.

Ekai

Added P5 to my list at 10....not too hyped for it because of Atlus's latest ventures/not liking P4 as much as previous titles in the P series but we'll see. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Edit, actually wait, need to add RE7 to my list. derp.

So P5 will round out at 11th/honorable mention, I guess.

Stantron

1. Mass Effect Andromeda ; Very excited for MP, have very low expectations for the story.
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; Gritty western, sequel to one of my favorite games of previous gen.
3. The Elder Scrolls: Legends ; Best CCG will finally come out of beta, was my most played game of 2016.
4. Torment: Tides of Numenera
5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
7. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Sea of Thieves
10. Crackdown 3

x. Scalebound

God of War isn't eligible.
Bha. Thanks. Updated.

1. Resident Evil 7
2. Persona 5
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
5. Friday the 13th: The Game
6. Nier Automata
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
9. Yakuza 0
10. Cosmic Star Heroine

1. Gravity Rush 2 : Sequel to one of the most unique IP's of the current generation along with the best new character (Kat) this gen. Everything about it strikes me as having the type of improvements that we saw with Zone of the Enders to ZoE2.

2. Gran Turismo Sport : For better or worse, they're making a lot of changes to the usual formula. Hands-on impressions of the most recent builds have been really positive.

3. Ni no Kuni 2 : It seems to be taking everything that was great about the original (characters, world, music, visuals) while fixing the only real issue (combat).

4. Yakuza 0 : It's Yakuza set in the 80's, what else do you need?

5. Persona 5 : I don't really know how many years i've been looking forward to this, but all the impressions from the import make it seem like it was more than worth the wait.

6. Zelda: Breath of the Wild : The size of the world still makes me a bit nervous since huge open-worlds can go very wrong. But the experimental nature of the gameplay still has me excited.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn : Guerrilla have actually always been really good when it comes to handling lore in games, as anyone knows if you've read up on Killzone. Their problem has always been implementing that into games. So hopefully the addition of John Gonzalez can fix that problem. The gameplay already looks extremely solid, so the story is one of the big question marks.

8. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy : While we don't know a lot about it, the thing that makes me most excited about it is what ND did with Left Behind. It was a piece of DLC/expansion that they were allowed to experiment with since it wasn't necessarily the mainline game. So, i'm looking forward to seeing how they'll play around with the Uncharted formula since they don't need to follow it as tightly.

9. Tales of Berseria : I know many have issues with the recent entries in this series, but they always manage to hook me in.

10. Resident Evil 7 : I was one of the critics of the series starting with its more action route in RE4. So, the return to the more slow and puzzle-oriented flow has me extremely excited.

1. Uncharted The Lost Legacy: Left Behind was an amazing standalone release for The Last of Us and this is going to be larger than that, while fitting together with Uncharted 4. Also, love Chloe and Nadine!

2. Gran Turismo Sport: Played this at PSX and they FINALLY fixed the engine sounds. Felt solid on a wheel, and while the VR mode being so limited is a letdown, I'll still check it out.

3. Farpoint: Also tried this at PSX and WOW it's my favorite implementation for FPS controls and looked really good. Already have PS4 Pro and continue to scour the internet for PSVR at regular price.

4. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: I'll be honest, Zelda hasn't excited me in years until now, and even if the Switch ends up being crappy I can just get a Wii U for super cheap later in the year to play this game.

5. Gravity Rush 2: While the first one was severely limited by being on Vita (in terms of storytelling and what they could technically achieve) I still loved it to death! The demo for part 2 was short but left me wanting much more.

6. Star Trek Bridge Crew: Everyone I know who has tried this (a handful of people) seemed to love it. I'm a big fan of Star Wars, but just as much a Star Trek fan and the fact that Ubisoft said it'll be cross platform makes it even better.

7. Resident Evil 7: Been wanting it to go back to the roots of being survival horror and not the action co-op stuff it had turned into, and in VR it's even freakier so there is that too. Might even livestream me sh***ing myself.

8. Yooka-Laylee: Backer, fan of original Banjo games, and loved how this feels so far. Can't wait to get my hand on the full thing later in the year and the snarky charm and lewd writing is definitely my cup of tea.

9. Wipeout Omega Collection: Sure, it's mostly the same tracks we got before, but I've been starved for more Wipeout now that I'm on PS4. PLEASE LET ME PURCHASE VR ADD-ON, THANKS! (Wipeout branded puke bags, too)

10. Horizon Zero Dawn: While underwhelmed by limited demo at PSX, I've been excited for this for some time now. Can't wait to for impressions of final build, as the music and visuals are amazing and the gameplay was solid.

Detroit: Become Human and Dreams aren't eligible anymore:

https://twitter.com/kenzodielocke/status/815627693094039552
You KNOW they are coming out this year, lol, but it's not official yet. Dreams, Detroit, God of War, and Spider-Man are technically at the top of my list, but not yet confirmed so... there you go.

karnage10

Banned
1. Persona 5 : I enjoyed the number 3 and 4, i fully expect that this game will delivver the "old" RPG feeeling.
2. Hatsune Miku : I enjoy rhythm games and miku generally has a lot of content and has the right amount of difficulty. Hopefully this version will not disappoint.

Kieli

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 is one of my favourite games. I have very fond memories of the great cast of characters who felt like my friends by the end of the hefty 70 hour journey. I am a different person than when I played this game 8 years ago in 2008 (I was in high school then, for starters). I'm curious to see if the setting can still resonate with me. Regardless, its positive reception in Japan and on GAF gives me the confidence that Atlus has struck gold again. Now we just wait and pray that it doesn't go through yet another delay (although the dual voices helped to lessen the blow of the initial delay).

2. Torment: Tides of Numenera: The graphics leaves much to be desired. The art design is strong, to be sure, but it falls below the lofty standards set by Obsidian with Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny. What's more, inXile has yet to prove they can deliver a very strong narrative to go along with the traditional RPG mechanics. Wasteland 2 was decent, but not quite what I would want out of a Torment. Leave me as cautiously optimistic that it will deliver a great narrative experience that, if not on the level of PS:T (which would be very, very challenging), at least evokes the spirit of PS:T.

4. Pyre: Supergiant Games have never let me down. Their art is impeccable, and the gameplay mechanics are simple but intuitive. They offer short bursts of fun with a pleasant dose of strategic depth. Pyre looks to disrupt their formula of the isometric action-adventure, and I'm willing to commend them for taking that risk.

3. Cosmic Star Heroine: Chrono Trigger truly deserves its place in gaming's legendary pantheon of classics. Cosmic Star Heroine appears to embrace the design principles and charm that made CT so remarkable. I'm always receptive to indie RPG efforts, and I'm curious to see where this particular story leads.

5. Detroit: Become Human: I'm a fan of most works of media that explore the possibility of life-like automatons. I'm a little bit skeptical given the silly videos I see of Heavy Rain (which are funny to watch, but probably a lot less fun to play). However, I'm willing to give this one a chance as it's their 3rd game. What it needs, however, is understated and mature acting. Therefore so long as the developer can rein in the film-aspirations of director David Cage, I think it has the potential to deliver a compelling story.

2017 is going to be the best year to date for the current generation. There are way too many games coming out. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect: Andromeda. Yes, it is the year of the colon.

These games and more aren’t in my top ten most anticipated list, which is crazy considering any other year they could be at the top. However, I decided to play it safe by picking 10 games that should easily meet or exceed my expectations. I’m sure a lot of these won’t make my top ten list at the end of 2017, but for now these are the games I’m most excited to play.

----------------------

1. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony : My number one most anticipated game of 2017 is the third main installment of the Danganronpa franchise. The first two games were finely-crafted, anime-character-trope murder fests that I couldn’t put down. Monokuma is back for the third round of high school murder mystery and nothing makes me happier. Puhuhu!!

2. Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age : Yeah, I know. All of these amazing games coming out in 2017 and I’m putting a remaster at number two? Look, I love Final Fantasy. I very much loved Final Fantasy XII. Of all the remasters that could have been made of any game, this is the one I have been waiting for. I would never consider a remaster for a GOTY list, but this will absolutely be one of the games I sink dozens of hours into this year. Bring on the hunts.

3. Nioh : Dark Souls meets feudal Japan. What else needs to be said? I played a little bit of both the Alpha and Beta for Nioh, but I refused to progress too far so as not to spoil the game.

4. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom : Wrath of the White Witch has become a relatively forgotten gem of the PlayStation 3, but I hope the same won’t be said for Revenant Kingdom on the PlayStation 4.

5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Until the recent Nintendo Switch reveal, I had very little interest in the new Zelda game. I do not own a WiiU and haven’t played a Zelda game since Wind Waker. However, knowing that I will be purchasing a Nintendo Switch on day one has brought Breath of the Wild to the front of the line in my “must buys” for 2017. With new interest I went back and watched some of the gameplay videos that demonstrated a loot system and gameplay mechanics I didn’t expect to see in a Zelda game. Knowing this is Nintendo’s biggest budget title to date has me pretty excited for what could be in store.

6. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue : Though I’m excited to replay Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, the main draw of the 2.8 package for me is the Fragmentary Passage game. I can’t wait to see what happened to Aqua after the events of Birth By Sleep and where she will end up as we head for the franchise’s conclusion.

7. Persona 5 : My hype for Persona 5 had begun to dwindle over the past couple years as it received multiple delays. Still, the personality this game exudes can’t be ignored. Though I have never completed a Persona game, I am still looking forward to crawling through dungeons and deciding where I want to hang out after school.

8. Red Dead Redemption 2 : This could very well be 2017’s Game of the Year, but without more information I can’t put it higher on my most anticipated list. That said, Red Dead Redemption was an awesome game, and if Rockstar can bring the same effort as they did for Grand Theft Auto 5, they will be showered with praises come awards season.

9. New Hot Shots Golf : I am not a fan of professional golf, and if you ever saw me trying to hit a golf ball you’d know I’m terrible at the sport. That said, there was something special about Mario Golf for the Gamecube that just sucked me right in. It was the only golf game I played until a year ago when I picked up Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational for the PlayStation Vita. That same Mario Golf magic was present, and so I became a fan of the Hot Shots franchise.

10. Sonic Mania : I haven’t played a new Sonic game since Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast back in 1999. Sega lost me after that point and I’ve had no interest in the franchise since. However, Sonic Mania appears to be exactly what I want in a Sonic game. That is, to say, it’s classic Sonic gameplay without the issues that held back Sonic 4. The videos out there of Sonic Mania showcase awesome level design and an amazing soundtrack. With the recent popularity of the NES Classic, Sonic Mania is just the game Sega needs to tap into gamer nostalgia.

ynwzh

Neo Member
1. DQXI
2. Zelda Breath of The Wild 
3. FFXII The Zodiac Age
4. Scalebound
5. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
6. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone
7. Nier: Automata
8. Valkyria Revolution

Sweet Ivy

1. Horizon Zero Dawn : I LOVE Guerrilla as devs, this game look intriguing and the unique and brilliant setting is absolutely mesmerizing. Good thing it's coming soon!
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda : how can one not be super-hyped for Mass Effect? I just hope they toned down the machismo and that the game is a bit more "adult". A Mass Effect 2 on steroid would be fine by me (story/character wise)
3. Prey : I am playing Dishonored 2 right now, so anything Arkane Studios is simply GIMME NOW!
4. Divinity: Original Sin 2 : this will be an absolute blast to play with a friend, can't wait for it, loved the first one so much!
5. Pyre : With Transistor being one of my fav games of forever I just cannot wait for this to release!
6. For Honor : I really like the setting and feel this is going to be an interesting gameplay
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands : I always enjoy the Ghost Recon games and hope this will be a great game to play with my buddy
8. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy : well, Uncharted 4 was absolutely fantastic, I do really want more of it, in the hope of a new chapter sooner or later.
9. Gravity Rush 2 : I love the mood and unique gameplay and are looking forward to this new chapter
10. Niho: I found the gameplay and mechanics of the beta really captivating, so I am looking forward to the final game!

"Deleted". Dreams : Media Molecule for me are absolute Midas, so I look forward to this even though I am not sure what to expect

There's more I look forward to, most of which I backed on kickstarter, so this really is going to be another awesome year for gaming!

10. Dreams : Media Molecule for me are absolute Midas, so I look forward to this even though I am not sure what to expect

There's more I look forward to, most of which I backed on kickstarter, so this really is going to be another awesome year for gaming!
Unfortunately, Dreams isn't eligible anymore

I think it says something about 2017 to see two lists containing AAA titles that don't share a single game. What a year its going to be.

Sweet Ivy

Unfortunately, Dreams isn't eligible anymore

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't realized it.
Well it was easy to find a replacement. I put Niho in there, not being sure if Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 would be eligible.

I think it says something about 2017 to see two lists containing AAA titles that don't share a single game. What a year its going to be.

I agree, it will be hard to find the time to play them all. Not a bad issue to have for a gamer (or is it?)!

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Persona 5
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Ever Oasis
5. Danganronpa V3
6. Nier: Automata
7. Yakuza 0
8. Hive Jump
9. Dragon Quest 8
10. Tales of Berseria

1. breath of teh wilds
2. marryo switch
3. a hat in time
4. for honor
5. dragon quest 11
6. ni-oh
7. red dead the new one
8. pokemon stars
9. mvc infinite

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : It's Zelda without annoying motion controls.
2. Resident Evil 7 : My favorite franchise so I have to give it a shot. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations.
3. Yooka-Laylee : Banjo Tooie is in my top 10 favorite games ever, so it goes without saying that I'm all in.
4. Sonic Mania : A new 2D Sonic that looks good?!
5. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite : Not sure about the lack of assists but I'm keeping my mind open and hoping for the best.
6. Persona 5 : Played Persona 4 Golden for the first time this year (2016) and loved it. Hopefully this one is as good since I've been on a media blackout for much most of it.

RedFyn

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Halo Wars 2
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Dawn of War III
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Injustice 2

Top Bottom