• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Orders “Vikings” Sequel Series “Valhalla”

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Oh, hell yes!

Netflix has handed out an order for “Vikings: Valhalla,” a follow-up series set a century after the conclusion of the original and will be produced by MGM Television.

Much of the same creative team of the current show return with Stuart serving as writer and showrunner, while Morgan O’Sullivan and creator Michael Hirst are executive producing. Additionally, the series will shoot in Ireland like the original with many original members of the production team returning in all departments.

The new series will dramatize the adventures of the most famous Vikings who ever lived – Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Harada and the Norman King William the Conqueror. These men and women will blaze new paths as they fight for survival in an ever-changing and evolving Europe.

TrainedRage

Banned
I refuse to watch anything called "Vikings" with out this guy...

AX081_1248_9.jpg

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Cant wait to see how they shoehorn some black people in.

Won't be hard. Vikings travelled to both Africa and the Middle east, so them bringing either mercenaries or slaves with them back home was not unheard of.

If they make Leif and Harald and co black then we'll have a problem and Netflix can go fuck themselves.

But some people of color? No problem, so long as the show doesn't try to present this culture as multicultural.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Yep I dropped the show not long after they killed him off. Reminds me of a few other shows that lost their lead(s) and tried to continue the story without them.

People act as if they lost the lead or killed him off, and forget that this character had to go. Even though Ragnar is just as much a myth as an actual historical figure, his sons were very real, and a huge part of their entire legacy was avenging their father's death.

Sure, the show was better with Fimmel, he's an incredible actor, but I don't think the show struggles because he's gone. I think it struggles because the writing has just taken a wrong turn. It's like they're on fast forward all the time and there is no concept of time. Things that seem like they should be meaningful are over in a flash while trivial things get drawn out. Someone suddenly has grey hair while others look as young as ever.

It's weird. The show has struggled to handle the scale of everything, and has squandered a lot of potential. Bjørn's journey to the Mediterranean for example was a joke, and over before it began.

Fimmel was great, but it's the writing that has made the show lose its spark.

Top Bottom