• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alienation Details: Upgrade and Loot Systems Revealed

did you learn anything about the invasion aspect?

ala dark souls/bloodborne?

I played it a EGX and it didn't feature anything like that and when I spoke to the person managing the booth they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. It was not their game though they were just a rep or whatever.

Qvoth

so this is basically a graphically much more impressive helldivers but with a loot system? sounds pretty awesome

Loved Dead Nation. Loved twin-stick shooter. Pre-ordered this last month.

I hope they patch that offline MP mode in soon. Can't wait to kick some alien arse together with my wife.

Josh378

Loved Dead Nation. Loved twin-stick shooter. Pre-ordered this last month.

I hope they patch that offline MP mode in soon. Can't wait to kick some alien arse together with my wife.

Agreed. My wife was sad when she found out the game was online only mp. I hop that changes...

KORNdoggy

this isn't the game with the trailer with the red crystallized enemy stuff right? we heard anything about that other game?

GOOCHY

There is just way too much coming out at once. I can't wait for this game! If it's even close to the quality of Resogun then we are in for a treat.

this isn't the game with the trailer with the red crystallized enemy stuff right? we heard anything about that other game?

That's Matterfall and they haven't said much about it since it was announced. They did a studio only test for it in February and they also released this art

cw1rtlxwsaa-ldq4nbmz.jpg

KORNdoggy

Oh there's no local coop? Well that's one less game I'm buying this month.

ugh, really? seems stupid if it's not in there. it's not like it would hurt the experience or effects performance since it's no different to playing online co-op with someone.

Guymelef

The funny thing about Matterfall is that seems like it will be local multiplayer only, while Alienation is online only.

Who's up for a TPS by Housemarque?

me!

When is this coming out?

26th this month

guys is there in voice chat? In MP?

you can always create/join a party chat

Looks fun as hell. Gonna pre-order the game for that discount.

and dynamic theme!

Oh there's no local coop? Well that's one less game I'm buying this month.

will probably be patched in at some point

barit

Wow this looks and sounds so much better than Dead Nation. I really tried to like DN but it was sometimes to dark and clunky for my taste. But Alienation seems pretty awesome so far. And I didn't knew that this game will have loot and customization. Amazing!

Just one week to go people! Getting really excited about this now. Need to finish God of War IIIR first to make sure I have some time to dedicate exclusively to this.

Good to hear, as without the matchmaking I might be stuck with playing by myself.

I'll be there on launch day Melchiah - feel free to fire me a friend request to Telminator-2 if you want.

I've signed up to do the OT - will need to find time to put it together later this week. Any suggestions for the tagline would be most welcome. I was thinking of some kind of pun around the film Alien Nation, but I don't really know the film all that well.

Oneself

Hopefully it can be done single player. I don't play much online and got this preordered. It looks waaay too good.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've signed up to do the OT - will need to find time to put it together later this week. Any suggestions for the tagline would be most welcome. I was thinking of some kind of pun around the film Alien Nation, but I don't really know the film all that well.

More potent than any human drug you can imagine.

(There's not much memorable about the movie or the subsequent TV series though.)

--

Edit, is this the Eugene Jarvis game?

KodaRuss

I already have the game pre ordered. Looking to move on from the Division I think, need a good coop game and this looks like it might be it.

Endo Punk

The game looks amazing and Ive been itching for a twin stick shooter but no local co op is a deal breaker for me. Will wait.

game already up for pre-loading, only 2.30GB no day one patch for now. unlocks in 36 hours and 54 minutes

pre-order theme as well since yesterday it was available, a bit disappointing though

delSai

Alright, game's downloaded, now i just have to wait for it to be unlocked. So fucking hyped for it, i loved every game Housemarque put out and it's going to be the same for this title.

Does it feel like other twin stick shooters (dead nation for example)

I dont like those games much but resogun is one of my fave ps4 games.

Yeah it feels more like Dead Nation than Resogun thats for sure. Resogun is a 2.5d shooter.

Same style as Dead Nation. Go to objective on map, kill waves of enemies, pick up better weapons, grenades.

The game feels great though and it is awesome with a friend

Top Bottom