• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fuse trailer and unboxing video

The_Monk

Any chance you could share the gist of it? Curious to know what you wrote about.

Sure thing fellow GAFfer, I can give you some of the lines I still remember. I started by saying congratulations on Insomniac for making people having such a good time and having fun. I talked about what I felt the first time I played Insomniac games on the PS1 then on the PS2, how I felt by playing the Resistance series on the PS3 for the first time, etc.

Then I told how it was nice that, their games are great and easy to access. I shared one important Story, my lady (we have been together for almost 8 years now) had one of the most badass cancers: Leukemia. It was... bad. And very agressive too, but hey, she survived! She had in her hospital room (she was younger back then) her PS1 with titles like Spyro the Dragon and because playing was only of the very few things she could do she tried to have a good time with it (to distract from all the pain of the treatments). Her family could not enter without protection masks because she was very sensitive to getting any type of germs. A few years later we met and we are together for almost 10 years (well, two more to go). Thank God for that.

Then I told about myself, what I do, why I was sending a Letter, not an Email, that I love Marketing and that I love the area of Communication the gaming Industry followed by a couple of questions. I spoke about my dreams in that area, how important it is for me to keep on listening folks in the gaming industry regarding Marketing, Communication, etc etc.

I ended up saying that I hope they can read that letter and if possible to at least let me know it was read by someone. I was very emotional when I wrote it so I can say it meant a lot to me.

I wrote more stuff, in the end it was 2 full A4 pages of content (that's why I paid extra for all the ensurance and Tracking stuff).

There, I hope this tiny bit can answer a bit of your question fellow GAFfer. Anything let me know, sorry for the bad english or if it was too long (the letter was longer!)

Coolwhip

Banned
Unboxing was pretty funny actually.

You know whats interesting about the hate on GAF for this game? This is an AA game everyone is so sad to have lost this gen. Yet everyone bashes it.

Gestault

I wish the art style had been a little less of an attempt at "realism," given some of what we see going on here. I notice shortcomings of the visuals and similarities to other titles instead of their own ideas shining through (in the sense that they *do* have ideas there which deserve to be noticed).

antitrop

You know whats interesting about the hate on GAF for this game? This is an AA game everyone is so sad to have lost this gen. Yet everyone bashes it.

I'm pretty sure this game is the poster child for everything that GAF hates about modern focus group approved-video games.

Coolwhip

Banned
I'm pretty sure this game is the poster child for everything that GAF hates about modern focus group approved-video games.

I thought the old version was a lot better too, but other than that. Isnt this an AA game, that isnt a sequel, that tries something new?

Izick

Sure thing fellow GAFfer, I can give you some of the lines I still remember. I started by saying congratulations on Insomniac for making people having such a good time and having fun. I talked about what I felt the first time I played Insomniac games on the PS1 then on the PS2, how I felt by playing the Resistance series on the PS3 for the first time, etc.

Then I told how it was nice that, their games are great and easy to access. I shared one important Story, my lady (we have been together for almost 8 years now) had one of the most badass cancers: Leukemia. It was... bad. And very agressive too, but hey, she survived! She had in her hospital room (she was younger back then) her PS1 with titles like Spyro the Dragon and because playing was only of the very few things she could do she tried to have a good time with it (to distract from all the pain of the treatments). Her family could not enter without protection masks because she was very sensitive to getting any type of germs. A few years later we met and we are together for almost 10 years (well, two more to go). Thank God for that.

Then I told about myself, what I do, why I was sending a Letter, not an Email, that I love Marketing and that I love the area of Communication the gaming Industry followed by a couple of questions. I spoke about my dreams in that area, how important it is for me to keep on listening folks in the gaming industry regarding Marketing, Communication, etc etc.

I ended up saying that I hope they can read that letter and if possible to at least let me know it was read by someone. I was very emotional when I wrote it so I can say it meant a lot to me.

I wrote more stuff, in the end it was 2 full A4 pages of content (that's why I paid extra for all the ensurance and Tracking stuff).

There, I hope this tiny bit can answer a bit of your question fellow GAFfer. Anything let me know, sorry for the bad english or if it was too long (the letter was longer!)

First off, thank you for typing this up.

Secondly, congratulations not only to you having a wonderful relationship of nearly a decade, but to your awesome wife for getting through such a difficult situation! Hearing stories like that about games/movies/music/radio/television keeping people happy and sane throughout very difficult times in life is probably my favorite part of video gaming besides actually playing them. I love hearing about people using them as means to alleviate stress and pressures of life, because I can definitely relate to that from past experiences.

Also, it's nice to see another fan of marketing in video games. I think a lot of times it gets a bad rap because people think that we're still in the age of "push the product to everyone as cheaply and crappily as possible" when that's farther from the truth than imaginable. Communicating to audiences is a huge part of that, and while I still think video games could do a far, far better job in marketing and advertising, I think we're on the right track going forward.

So once again, thanks for typing that up and I wish you and your lady all the best!

firen

that was kind of the point with the unboxing, but alas. we even advertise it as a very silly unboxing.

Haha, I thought that was quite obvious from the trailer. How do some people not get that?! For what it's worth I thought it was quite good. Can we expect a PS3 version unboxing video? Otherwise I will consider you guys biased moneyhats.

Did they try to copy Mass Effect? Looks like it

They also copied Call Of Duty, Halo, Resistance, Killzone, Dishonored, Bioshock, Uncharted and Overstrike.

Radec

This is not the game that gaf wants, it's the game that gaf deserves.

The_Monk

First off, thank you for typing this up.

Secondly, congratulations not only to you having a wonderful relationship of nearly a decade, but to your awesome wife for getting through such a difficult situation! Hearing stories like that about games/movies/music/radio/television keeping people happy and sane throughout very difficult times in life is probably my favorite part of video gaming besides actually playing them. I love hearing about people using them as means to alleviate stress and pressures of life, because I can definitely relate to that from past experiences.

Also, it's nice to see another fan of marketing in video games. I think a lot of times it gets a bad rap because people think that we're still in the age of "push the product to everyone as cheaply and crappily as possible" when that's farther from the truth than imaginable. Communicating to audiences is a huge part of that, and while I still think video games could do a far, far better job in marketing and advertising, I think we're on the right track going forward.

So once again, thanks for typing that up and I wish you and your lady all the best!

Thank tou very much kind sir. She is not yet my wife! :p I do gave her a ring (I posted in the NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post! at Page 10) but right now we are waiting for better times regarding the Economy/finances/jobs in here. But we will make it 100% official and celebrate it like it should be done one day :)

Anything else let me now, via PM (to avoid going off topic). I also really liked to read your post so anything else please let me now via PM fellow GAFfer.

--

I'm very sorry for this bit of Off Topic fellow GAFfers! Please go on, I hope I can try this on the PS3 soon.

It is tough to be excited about a multiplatform first person shooter that doesn't particularly stand out of the pack off the bat, but Insomniac usually makes quality games (everyone slips every now and again) so I will keep an open mind up about this.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
It is tough to be excited about a multiplatform first person shooter that doesn't particularly stand out of the pack off the bat, but Insomniac usually makes quality games (everyone slips every now and again) so I will keep an open mind up about this.

It's a third-person-shooter.

khustla

Banned
I can't remember the name of that inglorious bastards type game that never came out but I fell it would of been much more interesting if they went that route

I still wished they would've stayed with the "Incredibles" artstyle that the game originally had. Now, it looks like a decent game with an overall generic artstyle :(

Miroku129

images

Never forget

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thank tou very much kind sir. She is not yet my wife! :p I do gave her a ring (I posted in the NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post! at Page 10) but right now we are waiting for better times regarding the Economy/finances/jobs in here. But we will make it 100% official and celebrate it like it should be done one day :)

Anything else let me now, via PM (to avoid going off topic). I also really liked to read your post so anything else please let me now via PM fellow GAFfer.

--

I'm very sorry for this bit of Off Topic fellow GAFfers! Please go on, I hope I can try this on the PS3 soon.

hmmm. sorry about the letter. I don't recall seeing it. I'll look around though. We're sometimes bad with physical things like that and they can get misplaced.

would've liked to have read it, too :-/

Slermy

...this just looks like Gears of War with Insomniac weapons.

This pretty much sums it up for me. There are some elements that feel "overstrike-ish" to me, like the weapons you mentioned, but even the giant boss shown in the trailer. It's hidden under heavy coats of self-seriousness though and just doesn't seem coherent to me.

8byte

Banned
I'm lad everyone is so enamored with the looks instead of the fun.

Maybe it needs more colors and some ham fisted humor.

Shame, since the game is a blast to play with friends and offers a great challenge. I guess people just want a co-op shooter without any real differences between players.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This will bomba, pretty bad. If anything ends up saving it, it will have to be incredibly positive reviews, which im doubting.

Abylim

Looks promising. I'm always on the lookout for co-op experiences, and havent played a bad game by Insomniac.

I have faith in you, Insomniac! You can count on my two(2) purchases of your game!

gogogow

Holy shit at the unboxing video. He was trying to be funny, right? But it was just so embarassing to watch it, I really couldn't finish the video after that "four corners" "joke".

edit: the game looks so jaggy, i'm not used to that with a Insomniac game.

RoKKeR

You know what, this could be a really great co-op game for the summer. Might convince my friends to buy it on the cheap. Because, let's get real, it'll be on the cheap pretty soon.

BlackJace

Anyone else really miss actual manuals and boxes that weren't made of weak recycled plastic?

The sweet, thick, colored manuals. That long drive home with your nose in the manual, trying so desperately to gain as much knowledge and hype about the game before you pop it in.....

Good times.

The narration was too serious for the silliness of what was going on in the gameplay. Needed more humor. My guess is the marketing department doesn't know what to do with the game's humor, and has decided to market it as another serious grimdark story. Hoping that the humor is as over-the-top as the mutant man with the laser hands.

DEADEVIL

That actually doesn't look bad, if you play co-op.

I think it's a mistake for EA & Insomniac to release this without E3 promo. Nobody is going to know the game is coming out on the 28th of May.

Top Bottom