• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Predator Film In Development, Titled Badlands

ntropy

The original Predator was great and a 80s classic.

Every Predator film after that has been shite.
qdxVKt.gif

Predator 2 was so shit that it put the franchise on ice for 20 years.
I liked Predator 2 more than the first one, even though the first one was really good. Then only saw the Predator movie where they were stuck in some pyramid maze trap. Can't remember that movie title .

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I liked Predator 2 more than the first one, even though the first one was really good.

My condolences. We can't all have exceptional taste.

Then only saw the Predator movie where they were stuck in some pyramid maze trap. Can't remember that movie title .

That sounds like Alien Vs Predator, which I don't count as either a mainline Alien or Predator movie.

It was a mistake and also prevented James Cameron teaming up with Ridley Scott to make Alien 5.

JCK75

I enjoyed both 1 and 2.. didn't really like any that followed until Prey which was quite good..
but the fact they are going with another girl boss narrative on this one makes me hesitant.

SJRB

Gold Member
Prey was pretty alright, especially after the slew of Predator-related dogwater that came out before it.

The setting was cool, the visuals were cool, the action was cool. Yeah yeah it has an 80 pound girl beating the shit out of 200 pound soldiers but the movie kinda tries to make it somewhat believable because she uses tools, fights dirty, etc. The final fight against the Predator is a bit anti-climactic with a huge case of plot armor but let's not pretend Dutch isn't covered in tripple-layered plot armor in the original.

It's a perfectly fine movie.

they should have a predator set in the desert where he pops out of quicksand and blends into sand storms and shit. would he cool

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Are they not done with this franchise?

Nope. Its not like Batman stories are going to stop being made after 100 years either lol. Predator is likewise just an entertainment property that can be iterated on and that just enough consumers spend money on to keep chugging along. When enough human generations pass that nobody cares then it will stop, so probably at least another half century of Alien/Predator movies and games coming.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Prey was pretty alright, especially after the slew of Predator-related dogwater that came out before it.

The setting was cool, the visuals were cool, the action was cool. Yeah yeah it has an 80 pound girl beating the shit out of 200 pound soldiers but the movie kinda tries to make it somewhat believable because she uses tools, fights dirty, etc. The final fight against the Predator is a bit anti-climactic with a huge case of plot armor but let's not pretend Dutch isn't covered in tripple-layered plot armor in the original.

Predator was a gripping movie from the first minute. Cleverly changing genre midway.

Prey could have been an Northface ad.
It’s a shit action movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom