• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 Gameplay

Kezen

Banned
They arent bad though unless you have a ridiculously high bar.

After playing Unity and seeing games like Uncharted 4 it's hard not to notice very janky animations now. I know Naughty Dog are god tier when it comes to animation and I'm not expecting any AAA game to come close but I'm still disappointed.
At least it's much better than The Witcher 2.

This game....
jonstewartmindblown.gif

Despite the downgrade it still looks good. The best moment was when he started running out into the open world.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
There's Xbox controller button prompts, which is where I'm assuming people are thinking its XB1. Could just be a PC with an Xbox controller obviously, though. We don't know either way at the moment.

It still wouldn't look bad even for PC. I really don't fucking understand what impresses people anymore. Its no wonder publishers are spending ludicrous amounts of money on making these games, because people are so quick to shit on anything they deem 'not the best looking thing ever'.

I somewhat agree.

I am dissapointed that there was a downgrade, but at the same time the game looks stunning still. So it's not that big of a deal for me.

The primary thing I want to see is how it looks on XBO/PS4.

I don't plan on buying the PC version until I can upgrade my rig to play it at 4K with good framerates.

After playing Unity and seeing games like Uncharted 4 it's hard not to notice very janky animations now. I know Naughty Dog are god tier when it comes to animation and I'm not expecting any AAA game to come close but I'm still disappointed.

WTF?! One is a linear TPS, one is a huge open-world RPG. Of course Witcher 3 isn't going to look or animate as good as freaking Uncharted

Lucifon

Not sure why so many are saying Xbone footage when the title of the video clearly states "PC Version"...

Looks great, not as great as some initial reveals but still great. The music/sound really stood out to me, so awesome.

Waxwing

You mean the major characters have better voice acting? Truly surprising.

Eh...that's not my point. I'd expect we'll see the same here. But I don't think it's fair to say that the series has weak voice acting on the whole.

Everything is from the PC version, it's the exact same video.

My question then is...which graphical options are turned off- because the hair still looks not great.

tci

The bit-rate is too low to even compare it to earlier versions of the game.

Looks fine as hell tho. The environment looks so natural and life-like.

asmudge

Banned
Its no wonder publishers are spending ludicrous amounts of money on making these games, because people are so quick to shit on anything they deem 'not the best looking thing ever'.

Nah the downgrade kiddies are the absolute minority otherwise watch dogs wouldnt sell as well as it did. They couldnt be more irrelevant to publishers and their plans.....and they shouldnt be.

Grief.exe

Keep in mind that this game was done on a fraction of the budget with a significantly smaller development team, meant to target a more niche audience.

Bought a new video card and SSD just for this game.

SSD is more of a convenience upgrade than something that translates to raw performance.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Uncharted is a linear action game with console maker backing. The other is from one of the most popular game series currently running and the smooth animation is integral to its gameplay with all the climbing and parkour shit you do. There is recognizing certain games have better animation and then there is expecting every game to be able to match them.

potam

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuck I didn't realize how far the release date got pushed back. It's just sitting in my Steam library taunting me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gamestar just said they played all 3 versions and this is their ranking.

PC > PS4 > Xbone

Seanspeed

Banned
There is a big difference, especially in terms of illumination and vegetation density.
So we got to see that exact same area in the videos posted where you can point out exactly where the vegetation density was lowered? And at the same time of day so you can point out exactly where the 'illumination' is different?

I'm really starting to think we need a thread on why GIF's should not be used as 100% representative of a game's visuals and how different areas of different games and different screenshots can flatter or deceive.

Kezen

Banned
Keep in mind that this game was done on a fraction of the budget with a significantly smaller development team, meant to target a more niche audience.
I know that, but it's hard to temper my expectations still. I wasn't too impressed with Uncharted 4 but animations are among the best I've seen in a game. I wish The Witcher 3 was as convincing in that department. Overall it's shaping up to be a great looking game but not exactly the graphical tour de force many (including me) believed it would be.

SSD is more of a convenience upgrade than something that translates to raw performance.
100% true. It does not help one bit with performance and to be fair SSDs don't make that much of an impact for gaming, it's a huuge upgrade for an OS though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Play testers all played with the gamepad because mouse & keyboard controls weren't ready yet.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Did he actually name his horse after Roche? Heh.
Downgrade or not, I still need to upgrade my rig for this.

Ahahah!

Surely you can see the folly of comparing Uncharted 4 to the Witcher 3? I mean, it should be pretty obvious that both are two games of completely different scale, right?

Right?

Top Bottom