• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 8 |OT| Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
zrojK.png

we3p5.png

LbbGA.png

ORpQ7.png

What the Critics Say About Tebow's Performance:

Reeves Wiedeman, The New Yorker: "That ball hobbled down the field like a drunken pigeon. It hit the barn as if by accident, and one TV analyst suggested-in jest, I think-that the wobbly throw had been intentional on Tebow's part, slowing down just enough for Fells to dive under it. He ran in a two-point conversion to tie the game, unwittingly suggesting that running back might be a more natural position. Regardless, another Tebow miracle was complete."

Woody Paige, Denver Post: "For almost 57 minutes Sunday, Tebow and the Broncos played like goats, in danger of being humiliated by the worst team in the NFL and being shut out for the first time in 19 years. In the next three minutes, the quarterback and his mates looked like G.O.A.T.'s - Greatest of All Time".

Mark Kiszla, Denver Post: "The ancient poets called it deus ex machina. The Broncos call it the miracle of Tebow".

Michael Roberts, Denver Westword: "The subject of Divine Intervention first popped into my head following Tebow's initial throw -- a short pass that absolutely, positively should have been transformed by Miami into a pick six. Somehow, though, the toss escaped the grasp of a Dolphins defender and fell harmlessly to the turf. Why? How? Earthly reasoning failed me."

SCHEDULE
Sunday - October 30th, 2011
NO @ STL
MIA @ NYG
ARI @ BAL
MIN @ CAR
IND @ TEN
JAC @ HOU
--------------
DET @ DEN
WAS @ BUF
CIN @ SEA
CLE @ SF
NE @ PIT
--------------
DAL @ PHI

Monday - October 31th, 2011
SD @ KC

Bye
Falcons, Bears, Packers, Jets, Raiders, Buccaneers

MAPS
MAPS WILL BE POSTED WHEN AVAILABLE

FANTASY FB CRAP GOES HERE

PICK-EM

POINT YOUR GREY GHOST HERE TO DO PICK 'EM STUFF

Pick'em (with confidence points): GROUP ID# 47679
Pickem( No confidence): GROUP ID# 47683

Survival: GROUP ID# 21089

Password: freeballin

XdsVO.png

2qjgP.png

Read:

Over the course of the last five years, Tim Tebow established himself as one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of college football and a top prospect in the NFL. During that time he amassed an unparalleled resume—winning two BCS national championships, becoming the first sophomore in NCAA history to win the Heisman trophy, and in the face of massive public scrutiny, being drafted in the first round of the NFL draft by the Denver Broncos.

Now, in Through My Eyes, Tebow brings readers everywhere an inspirational memoir about life as he chose to live it, revealing how his faith and family values, combined with his relentless will to succeed, have molded him into the person that he is today. As the son of Christian missionaries, Tebow has a unique story to tell—from the circumstances of his birth, to his home-schooled roots, to his record-setting collegiate football career with the Florida Gators and everything else that took place in between.

At every step, Tebow's life has defied convention and expectation. While aspects of his life have been well-documented, the stories have always been filtered through the opinions and words of others. Through My Eyes is his passionate, firsthand, never-before-told account of how it all really happened.

Pre-order:

An unprecedented in-depth look at the most celebrated college football player of all time , follow Tim Tebow as he trains and prepares for the ultimate personal and professional transition. Harnessing sheer determination and faith, Tebow defies the odds and astounds critics as he makes the journey from two-time national champion and Heisman trophy winner to NFL rookie quarterback.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cootx1OJ2y8
Available on November 8, 2011.

Donate:

The Foundation utilizes the public platform that God has blessed Tim Tebow with to inspire and make a difference in peoples lives throughout the world.

ajf009

BSTF
this post rates 1/10
(Today, 12:35 AM)
Reply | Quote

Tim Fucking Tebow... ugh

MWS Natural said:
It would suck if Tebow became a running back, because then Peyton Hillis wouldn't be the best white RB in the NFL anymore =/

fixed

My first week below .500, 6-7. Total record is 67-36.

SCHEDULE
NO @ STL
MIA @ NYG
ARI @ BAL
MIN @ CAR
IND @ TEN
JAC @ HOU
--------------
DET @ DEN
WAS @ BUF
CIN @ SEA
CLE @ SF
NE @ PIT
--------------
DAL @ PHI

SD @ KC

Doomsayer

OP... is good. wat.

69-34

NO @ STL
MIA @ NYG
ARI @ BAL
MIN @ CAR
IND @ TEN
JAC @ HOU
--------------
DET @ DEN
WAS @ BUF
CIN @ SEA
CLE @ SF
NE @ PIT
--------------
DAL @ PHI

SD @ KC

Only a few intriguing match ups again. Damn you NFL!

I would also like to thank Billy Cundiff for shanking the fuck out of that kick and losing me my FF game.

i don't actually think detroit will lose (especially with shaun hill, who is a much better qb than stafford), but i bet denver is going to be loud as fuck on sunday

Bowser

NO @ STL
MIA @ NYG
ARI @ BAL
MIN @ CAR
IND @ TEN
JAC @ HOU
--------------
DET @ DEN
WAS @ BUF
CIN @ SEA
CLE @ SF
NE @ PIT
--------------
DAL @ PHI

SD @ KC

Too much Tebow, not enough Cam

16hje68.gif

I approve of this OP.

NO @ STL
MIA @ NYG
ARI @ BAL
MIN @ CAR
IND @ TEN
JAC @ HOU
--------------
DET @ DEN
WAS @ BUF
CIN @ SEA
CLE @ SF
NE @ PIT
--------------
DAL @ PHI

SD @ KC

Dre3001

Jags coming off a big win against the Ravens and facing the Texans who are banged up right now.

Texans fully expected as the favorite but I can easily see another tough defensive performance from the Jags and maybe they squeeze one out in Houston to go 3-5 into the bye.

Feep

Banned
The day I graduated from the University of Florida, Our Savior Tim Tebow was waiting for me. I managed to get someone to take this blurry cell phone picture.

Since this occurred, I have gone on to be a successful indie game developer.

Praise Tebow.

n2008301_52906912_8018.jpg

why are people hating on this thread? great title and OP! don't let them hate!

also:

@BlaineGabbert good win dog. Cut your hair.
by Aldon Smith on Oct 24, 2011 at 21:02:25

lolollllllllllll aldon got jokes and jokes and jokes

Don't mind Tebow too much. I wasn't following college football when he was ripping it up in there, so I wasn't exposed to the mania. Do people not care for his playing style? Or is it all that savior crap?

Kusagari

I was on the bus back to Gainesville when Tebow pulled off the comeback. Our entire bus erupted into cheers like the Gators just had won another BCS title.

It was beautiful.

Doomsayer

Tebow gets a bad rap because everyone is on his nuts. Honestly I don't expect to ever amount to a Superbowl Winning QB, but you can also say that for 70% of the QBs playing right now. I want him to get his shot so we can all see him either play well or fail. I'm not rooting for the guy to fail, but I just feel like he won't succeed.

Mully

ConradCervantes said:
Don't mind Tebow too much. I wasn't following college football when he was ripping it up in there, so I wasn't exposed to the mania. Do people not care for his playing style? Or is it all that savior crap?

His playing style does not transfer over well into the NFL. He's not comfortable in the pocket and he does not know how to read blitzes. On the other hand, his leadership can possibly be the best in the NFL. He knows how to lead. He does not know how to be an NFL quarterback.

ajf009

Mully said:
His playing style does not transfer over well into the NFL. He's not comfortable in the pocket and he does not know how to read blitzes. On the other hand, his leadership can possibly be the best in the NFL. He knows how to lead. He does not know how to be an NFL quarterback.

basically he's a ray lewis who can't takle

Striker

Mully said:
Then you have Joe Flacco who has an NFL arm but doesn't know how to lead, or read coverage. Capt. Checkdown is an appropriate name, save for a Sam Bradford namedrop.

Tebow needs to rely on his legs more than his passing. Worked well for the Eagles and McNabb early on. He was inaccurate as hell early on, though let's be honest it never necessarily improved.

Brinbe

NO @ STL
MIA @ NYG
ARI @ BAL
MIN @ CAR
IND @ TEN
JAC @ HOU
--------------
DET @ DEN
WAS @ BUF
CIN @ SEA
CLE @ SF
NE @ PIT
--------------
DAL @ PHI

SD @ KC

Not nearly enough Tebow in the OP.

ajf009

Striker said:
Tebow, Brett Favre, Lebron

I think the fascination they have with Tebow is far less exhausting than with those other two.

Hodge can't stop talking about Tebow.. I mean gosh get a room already

Doomsayer

Striker said:
Tebow, Brett Favre, Lebron

I think the fascination they have with Tebow is far less exhausting than with those other two.

Tebow will get there. ESPIN is still trying to say LeBron is the best playing the NBA. So I imagine either by the end of this year, or the beginning of next, Tim Tebow will be in the top 3 Quarterbacks.

Doomsayer said:
Tebow will get there. ESPIN is still trying to say LeBron is the best playing the NBA. So I imagine either by the end of this year, or the beginning of next, Tim Tebow will be in the top 3 Quarterbacks.
Of all-time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom