• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 8 |OT| Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MechDX said:
See you November 27th. It was a physical game, it happens. Maybe the Jags just took over the NFL's Softest Team label from the Texans.

Unlikely. DVOA has the Jags as 5th in the league on defence, and they gave the Texans some examples of good, clean, physical defence on Sunday - including the play which frustrated your players so much they felt the need to take shots at guys on the ground because they couldn't stop them forcing a fumble and making a big return out of it. Maybe they could learn from that?

MechDX said:
We've taken shots for 10 years and now that we start having some success people start making wild accusations.

Hey, the footage stands for itself. Of course Texans fans are going to defend it, and Jags fans are going to decry it, but the neutrals I've seen commenting on this (such as the Kuharsky piece above) have been in agreement that it's a cheap shot too.

MechDX

iapetus said:
The Titans have no part in this one, though.

Being a Titans Tool instantly makes you have a hatred for all things Houston. Research his blog posts. This is such a non story and is just being urged on by a few morons in the media includinh Khuarsky. Now Im moving to the week 9 thread.

Coming?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MechDX said:
Being a Titans Tool instantly makes you have a hatred for all things Houston. Research his blog posts.

Yeah, yeah. He hates Jacksonville too. You still haven't argued any of my points, but I guess that was too much to hope for. Congratulations to those of your team who deserved the win, and here's hoping for karma to strike those who didn't.

MechDX

iapetus said:
Yeah, yeah. He hates Jacksonville too. You still haven't argued any of my points, but I guess that was too much to hope for. Congratulations to those of your team who deserved the win, and here's hoping for karma to strike those who didn't.

What points? I dont feel it was cheap and you do? Those are opinions and you can not argue opinions.

Facts of this issue:

Jags players talked trash before game
Jacksonville TV station shows a heavily edited version of said punch
There was another Jags player pulling on Brown right before said punch that isnt shown...
Khuarsky is a tool.

Miss any?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MechDX said:
What points? I dont feel it was cheap and you do? Those are opinions and you can not argue opinions.

The fact that where there is neutral coverage of it, the view is:

PFT said:
People are making a story out of it because Brown did, in fact, throw a punch. Denying it won’t make the video evidence go away.

The fact that despite your accusations of 'whining' in the face of tough defence, the Jags have faced tougher defences without complaint?

The punch in the video footage is not 'heavily edited'. The Jacksonville coverage does point out that Brown was shoved by a Jaguars player beforehand. How the hell does that give him the right to punch an entirely different player?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Just a quick update - this was, of course, a punch, and that was how the league described it when they quite rightly fined Brown for it. So much for 'wild accusations', huh?

Yeah, yeah, the league hates the Texans too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom