• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2023-2024 Season |OT| My Other Ride’s a Zamboni

It couldn’t be going better!

monkey-ape.gif

Rangers and Stars are up!!!

I love watching the Florida Panthers and New York Rangers games. I hope the Rangers win!

They’re a piece of shit team the Stars would destroy in the Cup.

znvyMBd.jpeg

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
It couldn’t be going better!

monkey-ape.gif

Rangers and Stars are up!!!

I love watching the Florida Panthers and New York Rangers games. I hope the Rangers win!

They’re a piece of shit team the Stars would destroy in the Cup.

znvyMBd.jpeg
President trophy winners -- we'd certainly give you a run for your money.

Shesty alone gives us a decent chance at winning it all. Factor in if Kreider & Panarin decide to show up, plus Lafreniere keeps on his heater, and I'd say our chances are pretty good.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Rangers done. Their firepower disappeared. Cant believe Oilers are a game away from beating Dallas.

But on the plus side, an Oliers/Panthers final should make me win one of my pools! Maybe second place at worst I think.

The other pool, I'm done. My entire roster had the final 4 teams, but two of Dallas guys stunk (Pavelski/Hintz), and I picked the wrong guys maxing out my roster (Fox over Trocheck), (Dallas forwards over Heiskienen). There's some guys who had similar kinds of teams, but picked the right guys. Oh well. I might finish around 15th out of 100.

Last edited:

Durien

Gold Member
You can see how bad the Panthers wanted that. They were blocking shots like there was no tomorrow, something I wish the Canucks did a lot more.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can see how bad the Panthers wanted that. They were blocking shots like there was no tomorrow, something I wish the Canucks did a lot more.
Panthers such a rock solid team top to bottom, with grit.

The only weak spot is Bobrovsky. Overall a good goalie, but some seasons he kind of slumps. Then next season he rebounds. This season he's solid.

dem

Not sure I like how we backed into the Stanley Cup finals..

But I will like shoving those Dallas sweep predictions down everyone’s throat..

The Goldbergs Eating GIF by ABC Network

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Banned
A Canadian team might win a cup? What happened, did the NHL transfer some billions north or something? What's it been, 30 years?

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Banned
One goal in 2 games, and it was scored by a defencemen. You just can’t compete, let alone win, like that.

Hard to win when you get thrown out of game for sticking out your knee a bit and having to kill power play after power play. Seems like the NHL is similar to the nba, refs want big market teams to win.

Whining aside, oilers outplayed panthers in game 1 and should have won. This game was pretty even.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
It took a lot of effort.
Part of me wanted Edmonton to win as the last Canadian team to win the Cup was my Habs in 1993 😲

We were spoiled rotten in Montreal when the Canadiens won the Cup 4 years in a row from 1976 to 1979.

I remember my friend asking me if I would go to the parade with him in 1977 (I was 9 years old, the year of Star Wars!) and I just answered "Nah I'll go next year".

That's how confident we were 😆

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Part of me wanted Edmonton to win as the last Canadian team to win the Cup was my Habs in 1993 😲

We were spoiled rotten in Montreal when the Canadiens won the Cup 4 years in a row from 1976 to 1979.

I remember my friend asking me if I would go to the parade with him in 1977 (I was 9 years old, the year of Star Wars!) and I just answered "Nah I'll go next year".

That's how confident we were 😆
God bless those years… if we had bob the series would be completely different. I don’t blame stu but we need someone to steal a game from now and then. He doesn’t do that.

Just watched the end. Just pathetic (I’m aware of how silly it sounds coming from a fan). 4 goals in 3 fucking games… not one from the big 3.

Let’s just end it.

On the bright side, a frosty from Wendy’s is a single buck. That’s nice.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I’m of two minds on the series. I obviously want the oilers to win (I’m not dead inside like anyone that could even think of cheering for Florida) but it is so unlikely that they come back it’s tough to have much hope.

The longer the series goes the more there is a chance I could lose my hockey pool too. I have a 16 point lead right now so that seems unlikely too but still …

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Well, drag them filthy Floridians back! I’m not sold Edmonton wins the next one but if they do, they gotta be the favorite for game 7

That save by tkachuk was utterly amazing. He is a damn wizard.

Last edited:

Durien

Gold Member
I’m of two minds on the series. I obviously want the oilers to win (I’m not dead inside like anyone that could even think of cheering for Florida) but it is so unlikely that they come back it’s tough to have much hope.

The longer the series goes the more there is a chance I could lose my hockey pool too. I have a 16 point lead right now so that seems unlikely too but still …
Trogdor1123 Trogdor1123 How does the oiler win tonight affect your pool?

Last edited:

Mr1999

Coworker is a huge Panthers fan and even he said from the start of this final he had a bad feeling, even when they were in a 3 game lead, im like dude dont worry they're going to win lol. It's like he knew it would go this way. Oilers eventually started exposing their weakness, especially with the goalie, 8 - 1, 5 - 1, I get some were empty nets but I don't think many people expect a blowout like this.

I love hockey, its the only sport I watch. I grew up watching Kariya, Federov, Messier, Yzerman, Stevens, Lindros, Chelios, Bure, Jagr, Lemieux, McSorely, ,off the top of my head. Its such a treat to watch McDavid play, he makes it look so easy and I hope the best team wins. Panthers need to start defending better. Also ive seen a lot of these short handed goals throughout the years of watching hockey, team ends up being short handed after a penalty and end up playing better.

I played ICE for a little over two years for our city back in the late 90s, its one of little things my parents did for me that still holds appreciation today, waking up at 4am on a Saturday sucked, especially after school, but its a nice way to condition a player, getting up that early and playing conditions you to be a better player and person, it sucked so much but so worth it. One day as a team we played against a Canadian team in Las Vegas, it was humiliating, lost like 6 to 2 score similar to the gap Panthers been playing lately, hey at least I can say I scored in that blowout loss.

It sucks when its over, nothing to really follow. I will miss 8PM games every day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom