• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Hopefully the lack of a Japanese direct equivalent means there are some localisation announcements?

Spanish retailer Xtralife has listed Majora's Mask for Nintendo 3DS.

Shall we be hyped for it?

No we shouldn't, unless it is actually announced, then we can simultaneously die and resurrect from hype overload.

Fireblend

Banned
maboroshi02.jpg

Oh dear. What is that picture from?

I don't know why people are sticking so hard to what was said over a year and a half ago. Things can change, guys.

The plan might have changed since that "new before remake" statement was made. If development on the new game got pushed back or cancelled in favor of the Wii U installment. A MM remake would sell like hotcakes, though. I'd be fine with that.

Clutch harder guys. We've had numerous Majora's Mask 3D listings. Would it be the worst thing to happen in the world? Of course not. But I think Nintendo values original content here a little. This isn't the GBA where you were lucky to get a decent spinoff RPG in between all the Mario NES/SNES titles packaged as new games.

Soriku

Spanish retailer Xtralife has listed Majora's Mask for Nintendo 3DS.

Link (in Spanish)

It could be nothing, because they also have listed Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Soul Hackers.

What's curious about it, is that the game doesn't appear on the search and if you click the link it redirects to the main page.

IIRC Xtralife listed Project X Zone just before its announcement for the West.

Shall we be hyped for it?

Spanish retailers list fake shit all the time lol. I expect it to happen but it's just a site making up BS.

Flamfas

And this one airs at 7AM. So as I wrote: if it wasn't a global thing, it would air a few hours later.

7AM Pacific. The usual is 9 AM Eastern, which translates to 6 AM Pacific. It is effectively an hour later in North America, but really the same "time" if you ignore DST

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

I am not. I like main Kirby games but I find all of them quite similar. It's a series with a gameplay that hasn't evolved that much since Kirby's Adventure. I'm obviously talking about main games (Dreamland 1,2,3, Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland, Superstar/Ultra, 64, Amazing Mirror and Return to Dreamland), not spin-offs.

mclem

Do you think they might have any news for the Wii U? Even just little? We need info on the new update and the Luigi expansion for NSMBU!

I suspect there will be a tidbit if it relates to something 3DS they're talking about (New Super Luigi would fit the bill perfectly there)

The NoA Direct is an hour later than usual, which is obnoxious because that's literally the only time on Wednesday when I can't watch it. Oh well, I'll see it eventually, but I'm going to miss refreshing GAF, reading/posting shuuuuuuuuuut up!, zzzzzzzzzzz, games plz!, and OH FUCK when they actually show something good.

As much I'd like to have Zelda MM ...I think Nintendo said something about an original Zelda for the 3DS before releasing MM remake.

So Mario&Luigi RPG , Animal crossing, New 3DS colors (FINALLY), and maybe a new 2D Sonic??

What about Miiverse ??

Or .....wait for it......A NEW 3DS MODEL !!!!

Sadist

Is that German site credible?

If so, I reckon it's three localisation announcements.

- Bravely Default
- Layton vs Ace Attorney
- Shin Megami Tensei IV

... and done! All published by Nintendo of Europe.

Linkhero1

What I'm hoping for:

Majora's Mask

What we'll get:

Miiverse

- Bravely Default
- Layton vs Ace Attorney
- Shin Megami Tensei IV

Most likely.

serplux

I am not. I like main Kirby games but I find all of them quite similar. It's a series with a gameplay that hasn't evolved that much since Kirby's Adventure. I'm obviously talking about main games (Dreamland 1,2,3, Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland, Superstar/Ultra, 64, Amazing Mirror and Return to Dreamland), not spin-offs.

But according to Nintendo, games like Mass Attack, Epic Yarn, Canvas Curse and Squeak Squad are mainline series titles. It's a very versatile series, which is why I like it so much.

What I'm hoping for:

Majora's Mask

What we'll get:

Miiverse

i'mokaywiththis.jpg

Can't understand why would someone be hyped for a Majora's Mask remake instead of a new Zelda. I mean, it came out to N64 and then to Gamecube, and then to the Virtual Console, so there are multiple ways to play it afterwards.

Having said that, I think I would prefer a Majora's Mask remake instead of a new Zelda based on the horrible DS ones.

wrowa

You should read that sentence again: "jeweils drei der neu angekündigten Spiele [...] (werden zum Release verschickt)" So at least three new retail titles, and more than three announcements overall.

Oh, indeed. I read it as "drei der neuen angekündigten Spiele", which would be just an awkward worded phrase telling pretty much nothing. I still think we shouldn't read too much into it, though -- I doubt the person who wrote the Facebook status really cares if what he's written is technically true or not. First and foremost it's about a give-away after all.

And this one airs at 7AM. So as I wrote: if it wasn't a global thing, it would air a few hours later.

I'm kinda torn on that.

You're right, if it's only a thing between Europe and North America, there wouldn't be any reason to show it earlier than usual in the US. After all it's not like showing it at the usual time would cause problems for European viewers -- airing it at 9am in the US would delay the Europea times to 5/6 pm, who cares. On the other hand, it would cause problems for the Japanese audience who'd need to stay up until 1am to watch it.

However, you also need to keep in mind that NoA's press day is apparently at the same day. So it might be possible that they are showing the Direct early, so that the event can begin on time...

Eh. I'm bored and overthinking it.

What I'm hoping for:

Majora's Mask

What we'll get:

Miiverse

- Bravely Default
- Layton vs Ace Attorney
- Shin Megami Tensei IV

Most likely.

It makes a LOT of sense for Nintendo to publish Shin Megami Tensei 4 in Europe, given Nintendo's close relationship with Atlus at this moment (cf. the Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem co-production).

takriel

Can't understand why would someone be hyped for a Majora's Mask remake instead of a new Zelda. I mean, it came out to N64 and then to Gamecube, and then to the Virtual Console, so there are multiple ways to play it afterwards.

Having said that, I think I would prefer a Majora's Mask remake instead of a new Zelda based on the horrible DS ones.

Kind of contradicting yourself it seems lol. But yeah, I hope they will make Zelda 3DS more like a console Zelda game, with an open world to explore.

Realistic list
- Bravely Default
- Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Zelda: Oracle of Ages on Virtual Console
- More info on Animal Crossing/Donkey Kong/Mario & Luigi/Mario Golf

Hopeful
- Miiverse
- Either Ace Attorney X Layton, Ace Attorney 5, or Professor Layton 6 announced
- Kirby 3D

Unlikely
- Zelda/Metroid 3D
- SNES/GBA games on the Virtual Console
- Anything really that would be better saved for E3

Aaaand boom goes the dynamite. I lack faith in Nintendo myself to be honest, considering the last handheld Zelda title they produced that wasn't co-produced with Capcom was Link's Awakening ;_;

serplux

Aaaand boom goes the dynamite. I lack faith in Nintendo myself to be honest, considering the last handheld Zelda title they produced that wasn't co-produced with Capcom was Link's Awakening ;_;

They have a circle pad this time. A CIRCLE PAD. The 3DS Zelda will be fine.

DaBoss

I really don't see why people are so down on Zelda 3DS. There is something that people are overlooking so much when saying they are basing that off of DS Zelda games.

Kind of contradicting yourself it seems lol. But yeah, I hope they will make Zelda 3DS more like a console Zelda game, with an open world to explore.

It's not contradicting at all, because despite I would prefer the remake, I could never be hyped of it.

TreIII

A 2.5D Metroid title would make me happy.

I'll keep dreaming, though D:

You and me both, man.

Times like this I remember how Retro stated that they were "working on a project that everyone wants them to". If that somehow isn't a new 2D style Metroid, it had ought to be something even better.

They have a circle pad this time. A CIRCLE PAD. The 3DS Zelda will be fine.

But maybe they'll make it entirely gyro controlled just 'cos.

I really don't see why people are so down on Zelda 3DS. There is something that people are overlooking so much when saying they are basing that off of DS Zelda games.

Eh? I'm not saying they'll be like the DS Zeldas at all. I have (some level of) faith.

wsippel

Banned
Oh, indeed. I read it as "drei der neuen angekündigten Spiele", which would be just an awkward worded phrase telling pretty much nothing. I still think we shouldn't read too much into it, though -- I doubt the person who wrote the Facebook status really cares if what he's written is technically true or not. First and foremost it's about a give-away after all.
The fact that it's a giveaway makes it more believable in my opinion. Because they probably get the games from NoE, so it's likely 4players doesn't even know what they're going to give away yet. NoE just told them they're getting five copies each of three new games to give away.

I lack faith in the Zelda tema since Skyward Sword. I would kill for an intelligent and challenging non-guided Zelda.

takriel

It's not contradicting at all, because despite I would prefer the remake, I could never be hyped of it.

Never say never. If they'd add additional content, like new masks or sidequests, I'd actually be very interested in it. But seeing how OoT 3D turned out, you're probably right in not getting hyped for it.

Never say never. If they'd add additional content, like new masks or sidequests, I'd actually be very interested in it. But seeing how OoT 3D turned out, you're probably right in not getting hyped for it.

You may be right. Anyway, Majora's Mask needs extra dungeons, not extra side-quests and masks.

Top Bottom