• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced for Tomorrow, June 18th

faL0q24.png

tkscz

I'm honestly excited for this one. Outside of the Luigi's Mansion 2 remaster, nothing has been officially announced by Nintendo up coming for the Switch. Like the president said though, no Switch Successor talk this direct so I know at least not to expect that

Robb

Gold Member
Some of you really expecting metroid to be there? There is no way its not a new console launch title at this point thats probably coming to this old shit ass hw too, but definitely not this year
I assume they’d want to get Prime 2 and Prime 3 out there before Prime 4 releases.

And even if Prime 4 is a cross-gen title they could still show it with a 2025 date and don’t mention “Switch 2” at all.

Isa

I'm excited, hoping for some good 3rd party stuff.
Mainly Dragon Quest HD-2D. Hoping for Nintendo bring over those 3D Zelda titles and finally porting XCX, been waiting forever for that one. Hoping for an update on Decapolice as well. Also that Fantasy Life title is getting close to release.

Blindy

ports, 2d titles, dlc, ...

Metroid 4 not coming. They would have shown a trailer already.

I don't expect anything more. But there is a small chance a new 'bigger' title could release during xmas. ...ie a going away title. A thank you game.
Gotta send everyone happy with a new DKC game.

I would think Sakurai's next game being worked on is a KI: Uprising sequel so I would imagine a remaster/port of the original makes sense. Link Between Worlds is wishful thinking but you'd think Zelda is repped, whether with this game or with the Windwaker HD port that Grubb was swearing up and down we would get on the Switch in the past.

Zannegan

Gold Member
Not only will it not be shown or have a teaser trailer, there will be no MENTION of the successor. They want to be clear as crystal on that point. Lol.

Thabass

Gold Member
Give me Celtics NBA Finals win tonight and a Nintendo Direct right after tomorrow and it will make for the best beginning of the week in quite a long time.

DKPOWPOW

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more M$ games. A solid Killer Instinct port on Switch with cross-play would make sense. They have other older games that could fill a gap the Switch is lacking, like Quantum Break, Fallout, or even the Crackdown series.

S-E saving the day with a couple nice RPG’s sounds likely, why not tap into the massive ownership of the console for some easy money.

If EA was smart they’d have had a Battlefield game made for Switch, filling the gap left by no COD. Unfortunately they are usually dumb, so I expect them to just finally drop Madden and expect millions to cheer for a sloppy port.

Nintendo, the biggest wildcard of all. Can they do this transition right? Capping off the Switch’s final year without stumbling into the launch or the next console?

I think launching Metroid Prime 4 this year would be a mistake, as it at least deserves to be cross-gen. Heaven knows we’d like a trailer, and remasters of Echoes and Corruption.

An F-Zero and Star-Fox game, whether remasters or not would certainly fill a gap in the meantime and show Nintendo hasn’t forgotten about them (or the fans) completely.

I think a solid port of Metal Gear Revengeance makes a lot of sense, whether it will happen who knows.

TheChadOfGaming

Neo Member
the last switch direct, its gonna go out with a bang i can feel it deep down my hype balls
donkey kong trilogy remake
2d zelda
hyrule warriors 3
zelda ports
xenoblade x port
final fantasy tactics
final fantasy 9 remake
its gonna be the best

Walter Matthau

Gold Member
I'm honestly excited for this one. Outside of the Luigi's Mansion 2 remaster, nothing has been officially announced by Nintendo up coming for the Switch. Like the president said though, no Switch Successor talk this direct so I know at least not to expect that

They did announce Nintendo World Championships for anyone who wants to play like 30 second segments of a small handful of NES games.

Switch 2 is real.
Yep. Reinforcing yet again there will be no mention of Switch 2. Because people keep trying to worm in and find a way to argue it'll be mentioned (it will not be). I'm glad to have the clarity and that they are managing expectations. If they hadn't mentioned that Switch 2 wouldn't be mentioned, expectations for this thing would be wild and a lot of people would tune in just to see a teaser of Switch 2. Fan hype cannot be left unchecked.

My predictions:

Metroid Prime 4 this holiday
Famicom Detective Club 3
Fire Emblem Echoes
Zelda Triforce Heroes 2
Lego Horizon gameplay deep dive
Story of Seasons - Aloy and Friends announced
Clubhouse Games 2
F-Zero Warriors Musou
I would actually try Trifoce Heroes if it was no longer on 3DS. I don't even need a sequel, most of us never played the original, anyway. The game didn't do very well, because it was multiplayer. And people don't want multiplayer Zelda.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I would actually try Trifoce Heroes if it was no longer on 3DS. I don't even need a sequel, most of us never played the original, anyway. The game didn't do very well, because it was multiplayer. And people don't want multiplayer Zelda.
I got 100% on Triforce Heroes. If they ever actually did do a sequel it would be my most hyped announcement for sure. The game is incredibly underrated. The multiplayer was fantastic. Just hop in short games and complete puzzles with strangers forced to communicate only with funny emotes so the puzzles don't all get ruined. Brilliant game, great OST, would love more.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
In terms of hardware Nintendo switch was more personal than the Wii or GameCube the fact of the matter is reactions will be sensitive when that hardware revival comes I think they’ll be a mindset shift for Nintendo dm me for details on that. Each Nintendo console has been dramatically different.

Xellos

I'm expecting ports/remakes (hoping for Kid Icarus), more Rare on NSO, Silksong, DQ 3 HD, and another near-impossible-to-purchase Fire Emblem special edition.

Hope they finally show Metroid Prime 4 too.

coffinbirth

Wonder if Link Between Worlds or Kid Icarus: Uprising are able to escape the 3DS cemetery or that might be Switch 2.0 convos to be had?
Well, the Luigi's Mansion 2 port releases in like a week, so I'm guessing they still have at least one more 3DS flip for this year.

Top Bottom