• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Predictions

With the recent Midori information and some of the games possibly being fabricated, what do you realistically expect to see at the June Nintendo Direct?

My expectations for the June Direct:

1st Party:

- Kirby Rainbow Curse
- Pushmo
- Animal Crossing Party
- A HD port of something (StarFox, Fzero, 1080, or DK Country Returns?)
- MP2

***Games like Xeno X, FE, MP4 are saved to launch on both Switch 1 & Switch 2***

Third Parties: Carry Switch this year:

- Lego Horizon
- Sonic Generations
- DQIII or Bravery Default 1 HD
- Endless Dungeon
- Soul Hackers 2 or P3R
- Shadow of Mordor
- Monopoly
- Epic Mikey
- BG&E

- Madden (yes, it is true). ***NO Nintendo system has ever gone without receiving at least one version of Madden since SNES***.

I am sure the NFL will be upset about not being represented on the soon to be best selling console of all time!

- NHL? (Anyone’s guess) Came to Wii in the last years of Wii.

MS CLOSES THE SHOW!

- MS shows up with 2 titles:

- Call of Duty: Blops 2 + MW2 combo pack

- Blue Dragon HD Deluxe port or Fallout 3 or Perfect Dark Zero Deluxe.

(Deluxe: Gameplay, bug fixes, QoL improvements)

NSO:

- MS brings DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooie, Killer Instinct Gold

What do you think is coming?

Edit: I forgot Metroid Prime 2, BG&E and fixed a typo.

Last edited:
  • Zelda *something* is a guarantee, but likely a 2D conversion/port or a Wind Waker HD rerelease.
  • DQ HD2D 1-3
  • DQ XII teaser
  • FFIX Remaster teaser
  • FE remaster
  • F Zero GX port
  • Luigi's Mansion port from GameCube, like the Pikmin 1 & 2 rereleases last summer right before Pikmin 4
  • Mario Party, maybe a conversion or collection of some of the often-overlooked 3DS games or something (there were many)
  • Mario Galaxy 2 HD
  • Silksong trailer and release window
  • Yoshi's Wooly World port (been 5+ years since the last Yoshi game)
  • New DK game, maybe even 3D. Accompanied by an NSO drop of DK64
  • New or remake of Mario sports game, maybe Mario Baseball
  • One last thing I fully expect to be either Metroid Prime 4 or Xenoblade X port or sequel

Expectations are mid & lots of ports/ remasters, being no Switch 2 games. and Nintendo first-party all working on Switch 2 games

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Zannegan

• Mostly remasters and remakes on Nintendo's side, but they'll be pretty compelling.
  • An unexpected late port from a 3rd party
  • A character for that Star Wars hero shooter unveiled (not exclusive)
  • Metroid Prime 4 is the "one more thing" at the end, but it's cross-gen and doesn't launch until 2025 with the Switch 2.
  • 1-2 really interesting indies.
  • 4-5 more hybrid RPG/farm sim games.
  • Silksong.... PLEASE!
They also might try to encourage short term software sales by teasing Switch 2--not the hardware or its capabilities, but announcing 100% forward compatability (forgetting to mention that there will be a $10 tax to upgrade to the next gen version/assets)

faL0q24.png

They also might try to encourage short term software sales by teasing Switch 2--not the hardware or its capabilities, but announcing 100% forward compatability (forgetting to mention that there will be a $10 tax to upgrade to the next gen version/assets)
There will be no mention of Switch 2. Expecting this you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. This is strictly Switch 1 games between now and end of 2024, with small window open for Q1 2025 releases.

DQ trilogy
Mario Galaxy 2 port
New Punch Out
Zelda the Wind Waker port
New Wrecking Crew
Silksong trailer and release date
This seems very reasonable to me. Mario Galaxy 2 also occured to me. Seems like it's been long enough now, and Nintendo loves to take one series at a time and get like every game from that series onto the Switch. Like what they did with Pikmin last summer.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I dont think any COD will grace Switch 1.. I could be dead wrong but I think they will bring it to switch 2 at launch a few months after the other systems get it.

MS definitely doesn't own Donkey Kong 64, haha. They might have some say over DKR though cause it has Banjo and Conker in it, bit of a grey area on that one (Nintendo owns Diddy Kong).
I believe Nintendo has a say over DK64, but there is something in the fine details that MS controls. DKR is partially controlled by Rare, yes.

I dont think any COD will grace Switch 1.. I could be dead wrong but I think they will bring it to switch 2 at launch a few months after the other systems get it.
After that recent GameStop interview with developers of COD, I have to wonder.

Edit: GameSpot, not GameStop.

Last edited:

Fake

Twilight Princess HD from Wii U to Nintendo Switch., maybe a collection with Wind Walk and Twilight.

Or DLC for Tears of Kingdom.

MAtgS

Metroid Prime 4

Princess Zelda game

Some sort of Warriors crossover game. Maybe ToTK, maybe Mario, maybe Xenoblade, or maybe a 3rd party like KH.

Star Fox Zero

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
I'd smoke and eat bacon if they give us an Ocarina of Time remaster.

I'd also love Starfox Adventures remastered. Hate me all you want, but I loved that game.
Ocarina of Time already got a remaster, and a definitive PC port; we now need a remake with Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
No idea. Anything major is sure to be saved for the Switch successor. It's probably too soon to do another Wind Waker port. I'd love to see ports of FZero GX (unlikely), Galaxy 2, and 3D Land but those would require control/game play tweaks and that type of effort seems unlikely.

All I want is Xenoblade X, and Twilight Princess. Fingers crossed.

I'm really hoping they do a Metroid Prime Remastered type upgrade for Twilight Princess (it needs it), and yea, I'll take any version of XCX.

I think we really want XCX on the switch 2, the half-assed port of XC1 on switch is a blurfest and there's no way they're gonna port XCX using their whole ass.

Can we haz Metroid Prime 2: Echoes HD remaster mayhaps?

Last edited:

Bluecondor

I'd love to see a new Animal Crossing game, but it makes sense to save that for the new console.

Another thing I hope for every year is a new game that uses the Ring Fit controller, even if it was made by a third party. That was such a great controller for exercise gaming. But, it was Ring Fit Adventure and then nothing else.....

Sojiro

With the recent Midori information and some of the games possibly being fabricated, what do you realistically expect to see at the June Nintendo Direct?

My expectations for the June Direct:

- MS shows up with 2 titles (to close the show!)
- Call of Duty: Blops 2 + MW2 combo pack
- Blue Dragon HD port or Fallout 3
Since Microsoft looks to be feeling generous porting over some of their titles to other consoles I would kill to have Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Morrowind on the switch. Definitely a pipe dream, but I would love to see it.

My expectations from the direct are fairly low, the Switch is looking at it's twilight years so I don't expect any big game releases. I am hopeful the Dragon Quest rumor turns out true, but who knows at this point with all the Midori shenanigans. Either way I am really looking forward to the DQ III remaster, and hope it's release is sooner than later. Maybe some wishful thinking, but I will go with a Metroid Prime 2 remaster and a "Definitive version" of Xenoblade Chronicles X like they did with the original.

Pretty sure Nintendo owns everything related to DK. Rare developed the games, but I don't think they (and thus MS) own them?
If I am not mistaken, it is some of the smaller characters within the game That Rare owns. Which is why we never got Diddy Kong Racing. But, I am sure they will now.

Since Microsoft looks to be feeling generous porting over some of their titles to other consoles I would kill to have Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Morrowind on the switch. Definitely a pipe dream, but I would love to see it.

My expectations from the direct are fairly low, the Switch is looking at it's twilight years so I don't expect any big game releases. I am hopeful the Dragon Quest rumor turns out true, but who knows at this point with all the Midori shenanigans. Either way I am really looking forward to the DQ III remaster, and hope it's release is sooner than later. Maybe some wishful thinking, but I will go with a Metroid Prime 2 remaster and a "Definitive version" of Xenoblade Chronicles X like they did with the original.
Yeah, I could see DQIII2DHD being a year 1 Switch 2 Title. But, we will see.

I agree on Metroid Prime 2, seems like a lock. Xeno X, I expect to be a year 1 Switch 2 title. Possibly cross gen.

I have always felt, Nintendo will hold back a ton of games and release them cross generation for two years or so. So Nintendo can milk every possible dollar out of Switch 1, while Switch 2 builds an install base. Games like Xeno, Fire Emblem, Fzero, Pilot Wings, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess would release when Switch 2 was on the market. So Nintendo could sell more of the title and boost its overall sales.

Doing cross generation would allow Nintendo to fully gauge popularity of some of their IP. Do to the nature of software development and the time and resources required to make new games, I fully expect some titles that are not selling as well to go dormant.

How Nintendo does (or doesn't do) cross-generation will be fascinating.
I completely agree. We still don’t even know for certain about backwards compatibility. We just assume. But we should never assume 100%, because at times “Nintendo gonna Nintendo”. This saying exists for a reason.

Last edited:

Holammer

They won't show next-gen stuff, but I wonder if they might eventually communicate how current switch games will be cross-gen games with framerate/resolution enhancements on a future device.

Zelda Spin-off game based on the BotW/TotK series and serves as connective tissue between the games lore wise.
Proper Mario 3d platformer with a time travel theme.
Animal Crossing with larger map and underground areas like caves and level on level building.
Silksong release date.

No new metroid games presented.

Toe dip in the PC space with a MOBA style game called Smash League.

Top Bottom