• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Predictions

zokie

Gold Member

its common for ninty to avoid other publisher's digital event and i think its either this week or end of month week :messenger_beaming: and usually on Wednesday or Thursday Japan time

there is very rare tuesdays NIntendo direct or mini direct in recent years due to Pandemic ( referring to japan standard time )

i will only believe it when i see ninty direct announcement via official twitter accounts

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
No chance we’re getting TP or WW.

They only saw remasters last gen and whilst a port would be very easy for Nintendo, they won’t devalue the IP by over saturating the market with releases.

Those 2 will see further enhanced ports half way through the Switch 2’s life and beyond IMO.

Hudo

its common for ninty to avoid other publisher's digital event and i think its either this week or end of month week :messenger_beaming: and usually on Wednesday or Thursday Japan time

there is very rare tuesdays NIntendo direct or mini direct in recent years due to Pandemic ( referring to japan standard time )

i will only believe it when i see ninty direct announcement via official twitter accounts

That would mean that we'll get a direct announcement on Monday. Feels a bit weird, tbh.

zokie

Gold Member
That would mean that we'll get a direct announcement on Monday. Feels a bit weird, tbh.
Note : all time are stated in Japan Standard Time JST

yes Mon in the west means Tues in Japan , i used japanese nintendo direct data as the timezone of the west is confusing for me

For a full 40 min direct , NCL won't announce it on Monday between 9pm to 11pm as the staff responsible at NOA are not in the office as its a Sunday in the states

official twitter announcement usually happens on Tuesday between 9pm to 11pm for a direct that happens either on Wed/Thur/Fri

Edit: non neogaf members can see things i wrote here and use it other places :messenger_beaming: , thus i decided not to include nintendo direct annoucement data that i observed

Last edited:

Ashler

3NozabN.jpeg

All aboard!

Do EA publish Madden on Switch?
Well, EA makes Madden. I assume EA publishes it, but maybe Nintendo would pay. No idea.

I just think Madden is coming As well as COD. But, I have no insider info. I’m not an insider.

It just makes sense to me to to end with year with major 3rd parties and a few smaller first party titles or ports and stack the release schedule for 2025.

I assume maybe 5 or 6 first party titles for Switch 2 in 2025 are also for OG Switch. (Things like the rumored Fzero, Fire Emblem, MP4, Wind Waker, etc.). This way the OG Switch gets great titles that can sell on a large install base, at the same time allowing Nintendo for completely focus on Nintendo Switch 2 And begin the new generation.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

No chance we’re getting TP or WW.

They only saw remasters last gen and whilst a port would be very easy for Nintendo, they won’t devalue the IP by over saturating the market with releases.

Those 2 will see further enhanced ports half way through the Switch 2’s life and beyond IMO.
If that means a true Twilight Princess remake for Switch 2 I'd gladly take it.

zokie

Gold Member
Note : all time are stated in Japan Standard Time JST

yes Mon in the west means Tues in Japan , i used japanese nintendo direct data as the timezone of the west is confusing for me

For a full 40 min direct , NCL won't announce it on Monday between 9pm to 11pm as the staff responsible at NOA are not in the office as its a Sunday in the states

official twitter announcement usually happens on Tuesday between 9pm to 11pm for a direct that happens either on Wed/Thur/Fri

Edit: non neogaf members can see things i wrote here and use it other places :messenger_beaming: , thus i decided not to include nintendo direct annoucement data that i observed
Only 24 hours notice in advance
its nice to know its one of the rare directs on Tuesday 11pm JST , the sooner the direct , the better

the previous Nintendo direct on a tuesdays was on Nintendo Direct 2022.9.13

Last edited:
This is just a cross post. But giving you a PSA:

PSA:

For all of you who haven’t played Fantasian, it has some rough spots on Apple Arcade, it has very difficult spikes in the later half of the game. Some needless grinding as well.

That said, it SHOULD have been a finalist for 2021 GOTY, and honestly, based on the games nominated, it would have WON!

It feels like a throwback game and feels like they took many of the systems in FFVII (PS1) and FFX (PS2) and made a Ghost in the Shell style game. No microtransactions, no BS. Just a straight forward game. There is a reason everyone who has played it says “DAY One purchase”.

If Mistwalker and Square ironed out the rough spots, it will be a GOTY nominee. If you grew up with a PS1 or PS2, you are in for a real treat!

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think we’re going to get a new 2D Zelda today. Not sure why, just feel it would be the Nintendo thing to do when no one is expecting it. Made by Grezzo, the tentpole game for 2024.

Im really hoping for Banjo Tooie being added to NSO, I’d take DK64 too.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Twilight Princes and Wind Waker ports finally.
Metroid Prime 4 as the big Christmas title.
Metroid Prime 2 remastered shadow drop.

Top Bottom