• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

Orgen

Only 39.99€ for Mario Party 10? I'm surprised. Then again, I believe 49.99€ is the price for the amiibo bundle, so...

It was 32€ and 40€ (with amiibo) on amazon.es these past days.

If Kirby is sold for 30€ I will bite (like Toad). Nintendo, give us a release date!!! And any S-E RPG will do the trick (but Terranigma is priority one :D)

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Mario Party 10 €39.99/£34.99
Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars €19.99 / £17.99

Wii U Virtual Console
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow €6.99 / £6.29

3DS
Navy Commander €10.00 / £8.99

3DS Add-On Content
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River FMS Song €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Shadowlord BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Meridian Child FMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Corridors of Time FMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Boss Battle 2 BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Real Emotion BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Devil Lord Confrontation II BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Struggle to the Death BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River FMS Song Free until 01.04.2015, 23:59 UTC.
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Shadowlord BMS Song Data Free until 01.04.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Price Reductions

Wii U
99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends April 16, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends April 16, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 16, normally €5.99/£5.39)
Fit Music for Wii U (O2 Games) - €14.90/£12.40 (Ends April 16, normally €29.90/£24.90)
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games) - €14.90/£12.40 (Ends April 16, normally €29.90/£24.90)
Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games) - €1.99/£1.65 (Ends April 2, normally €2.99/£2.49)
Cocoto Magic Circus 2 (Bigben Interactive) - €19.99/£17.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)

3DS
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games) - €14.90/£12.40 (Ends April 16, normally €29.90/£24.90)
Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games) - €1.99/£1.65 (Ends April 2, normally €2.99/£2.49)
AeternoBlade (CORECELL) - €5.99/£5.40 (Ends April 9, normally €14.99/£13.50)
Glory of Generals (CIRCLE Ent.) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends April 9, normally €9.99/£7.99)
Quell Reflect (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 9, normally €3.99/£3.49)
Swords & Soldiers 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 9, normally €7.00/£5.90)
Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid) - €4.49/£3.99 (Ends April 2, normally €8.99/£8.09)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (Akaoni Studio) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 9, normally €7.00/£5.90)
Mindfeud (Engine Software) - €1.99/£1.79 (Permanent, was €4.99/£4.49)
Thanks to NintenDaan for the UK prices of the Price Reductions :)

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Mario Party 10 €39.99/£34.99

Wii U Virtual Console
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow €6.99 / £6.29

3DS
Navy Commander €10.00 / £8.99

Is Tipping Stars getting a boxed release over here? I realise it's just a code in a box but I would like it on my shelf. :)

tolkir

Is Tipping Stars getting a boxed release over here? I realise it's just a code in a box but I would like it on my shelf. :)

Yep.

mario-dk-tipping-stars-boxart-eu-wii-u.jpg
mario-dk-tipping-stars-boxart-eu-3ds.jpg

Nice.

Saying that, I can't seem to find anywhere that offers the boxed version for preorder. Game, Amazon, Shop2 and Nintendo UK don't seem to have it. Strange.
The previous download code in boxes releases you couldn't find at those retailers either. might not have even had an official distribution in the UK.

As for tipping stars, try going further afield.
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B00TICRC02/
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B00TICRC2K/
Shipping is about €4 so factoring that in is way less than the joke that is £18 that NOE think is "fair".

Edit: *sigh*

Xenoboy

Looks like I'll be getting Aria of Sorrow soon then. Konami took their time with releasing the GBA CV games over here.

Phoenixus

Very happy there's nothing I want this week, Phoenix Wright Trilogy was a hefty blow to my wallet (as far as downloadables go :p).

Robin64

I hate to be That Guy, but MvsDK seems a little expensive. Feels like we're paying for both versions, regardless of if you want both.

also

Banned
Is Donkey Kong Land worth my time at all? I think I remember hearing how 2 and 3 are just copies of the SNES titles but how is the original? Is it worth $3.99 for a DKC fan or should I just skip it?
DKL1 is really bad; poor controls, collision detection problems, visibility issues (zoomed-in view and characters blend into the background).
I don't know how DKL2 compares to DKC2 but DKL3 is it's own game and definitely worth a playthrough. Not as good as DKC3 but it's still a pretty good game.

Putosaure

Is Donkey Kong Land worth my time at all? I think I remember hearing how 2 and 3 are just copies of the SNES titles but how is the original? Is it worth $3.99 for a DKC fan or should I just skip it?

On Virtual Console, skip it. If you can get the cartridge and can play it on a GBC/GBA system, go for it. The additionnal color palettes makes the game's readability problems vanish.

TheMoon

Come on S-E, give me some Terranigma love!!!! (We lost to Zero Mission team but we won't lose to Ghost Babel team or Turbografx team bwahahaha)

Really, is this a thing every week now? You do know how pointless without a shred of doubt this is when Square Enix isn't supporting the platform at all right now even with FF or anything, right?

Nice.

Saying that, I can't seem to find anywhere that offers the boxed version for preorder. Game, Amazon, Shop2 and Nintendo UK don't seem to have it. Strange.

Coolshop

Tizoc

Nothing for me this week from EU 3DS....
Who do I have to blackmail/threaten to get them to work on making GBA and SNES games run on N3DS at least?

Seems weird that NOE would release mario party and tipping stars on the same day.

Be sure to get Castlevania. Would be nice if the sales entice Konami to make a new 2d one.

terrisus

Really, is this a thing every week now? You do know how pointless without a shred of doubt this is when Square Enix isn't supporting the platform at all right now even with FF or anything, right?

Hey, it's at least better than "NoA didn't release X game that I want, despite having a pile of other games out as well. And Y games are on sale in Europe and not America, despite the European sale prices still being higher than the US base prices. This sucks" complaining.

Square-Enix actually deserves all the hate they get, until they actually do something outside of Japan >.>

image.php

You were asking an avatar quote, weren't you?

image.php

TheMoon

Square-Enix actually deserves all the hate they get, until they actually do something outside of Japan >.>

I know and I agree fully but I find it just as annoying to now read the same post of that ilk seemingly every week when there's not even a chance of it happening.

GulAtiCa

Yeah please. We already have people bitching at Nintendo for not bringing Game Z every single week. Let's try to avoid complaining about a publisher that will never ever ever put VC games outside of Japan. Since, that complaining will do nothing. At least Nintendo will eventually release the game, SE will never.

Robin64

Man, fuck Square-Enix. I had good earned money waiting to give them in exchange for Dragon Quest VII, 3D Final Fantasy, and a whole load of Virtual Console games. But they don't want it!

Man, fuck Square-Enix. I had good earned money waiting to give them in exchange for Dragon Quest VII, 3D Final Fantasy, and a whole load of Virtual Console games. But they don't want it!

Nah.

They prefer to make their money on the growing mobile market.

Orgen

Yessssssss!!! I don't cause any harm, I'm not bitching, I'm not obnoxious and I only post about this once a week... does it seriously upset you so much? Really? :|

Besides, we'll see SE games on the VC.

Believe ;D

sörine

Banned
We don't have nearly enough Square Enix VC bitching. Although it'd help if people actually bitched at SE directly I guess (ie: twitter).

Same goes for Konami with TG16. If Hudson were still going you just know we'd already have those games and possibly more. Hudson USA had even announced Bonk's Adventure and TG16 games for 3DS VC prelaunch.

Nah.

They prefer to make their money on the growing mobile market.
That makes no sense given they support Japanese VC already, which is smaller than just the US VC market. All these games are already rated by classification boards and Nintendo handles all emulation and testing. SE is literally just leaving money on table by not saying "yes".

Also, their mobile ports aren't exactly doing gangbusters in the west. The market really just isn't that receptive to premium priced console ports.

sörine;156136783 said:
That makes no sense given they support Japanese VC already, which is smaller than just the US VC market. All these games are already rated by classification boards and Nintendo handles all emulation and testing. SE is literally just leaving money on table by not saying "yes".

Also, their mobile ports aren't exactly doing gangbusters in the west. The market really just isn't that receptive to premium priced console ports.

I'm referring to mobile in Japan... but it also helps FF13, 13-2, and LR did well in Japan.

OR I could just blame NOA for fucking up.

sörine

Banned
I'm referring to mobile in Japan... but it also helps FF13, 13-2, and LR did well in Japan.

OR I could just blame NOA for fucking up.
Yet NOA somehow isn't fucking up with Capcom, Konami, Bandai Namco, Koei Tecmo, Sega, Arc System Works, Natsume, G-Mode, Hamster, Culture Brain, Kaga, Kemco, Sunsoft, Asmik and Tozai. They're even managing to make deals with publishers who no longer produce videogames. Something tells me NOA fucking up isn't the issue here. It's purely trash tier Square Enix.

Risgroo

I finally finished Metroid Fusion, the first 2D Metroid I've beaten. On to Zero Mission!

I'm absolutely useless at 2D Metroid. 4:14, 40% items.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's like they know I'll keep buying every single one. At this rate I could spend more on Chrono Trigger DLC than the game itself.
They just need to make Theatrhythm: Square Enix & bundle all the non Final Fantasy music together, then make characters based on the games that the music is from.

Then throw in MORE franchises like Front Mission & Drakengard (considering Nier music is in).

To get back on topic, PLEASE let Iron Combat be good. For $7, a portable ZoE-esque game would be nice.

Robin64

I'm still holding out hope that Nintendo's little outlook of getting more crossover games means we'll see a Theatrhythm Nintendo at some point. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Pokémon, hnnggghhhhhhhh

GulAtiCa

People should complain, just not here, since doesn't do much good. Tell SE directly/etc.

You wouldn't want to become a cliche of a member and have 1 post ever week asking why no Mario Kart SNES and never post anything else. There are others that occasionally just do something similar. It gets irritating if all that comes out of their mouth is the same thing week after week. Esp since it's directed to us, and not Nintendo/SE/etc directly.

maxcriden

People should complain, just not here, since doesn't do much good. Tell SE directly/etc.

You wouldn't want to become a cliche of a member and have 1 post ever week asking why no Mario Kart SNES and never post anything else. There are others that occasionally just do something similar. It gets irritating if all that comes out of their mouth is the same thing week after week. Esp since it's directed to us, and not Nintendo/SE/etc directly.

Ultimately, I think there is no harm in "being irritating" by griping, unless that is the only thing you ever post, which is definitely not true in Orgen's case. I understand it doesn't accomplish anything, per se, but it can be healthy and cathartic to complain to your peers and I don't think the complaints are "directed at us," just regular, normal venting about a subject someone feels strongly about. I dunno. I get that it can be annoying, but I also think life's too short to get annoyed by people's relatively harmless complaints about video games they want to play not being readily available.

In this case, Orgen wants to express wanting to play some games. He knows we can't do anything about it, and it's not like it's the only thing he ever posts. So I don't see the harm, really, especially since it doesn't tend to dominate discussion in here in general these days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still holding out hope that Nintendo's little outlook of getting more crossover games means we'll see a Theatrhythm Nintendo at some point. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Pokémon, hnnggghhhhhhhh
SUPER THEATRHYTHM BROS.

Halfway to April. Really hoping the downloadable games for Gold/Platinum Club Nintendo are good this year, or at the very least I didn't actually own them already.

daydream

Banned
Looking forward to Tipping Stars, should be good!

Might also get Zombie Panic in Wonderland while it's on sale despite no GAF impressions for this game existing (the WiiWare demo seemed decent, though).

terrisus

Ultimately, I think there is no harm in "being irritating" by griping, unless that is the only thing you ever post, which is definitely not true in Orgen's case. I understand it doesn't accomplish anything, per se, but it can be healthy and cathartic to complain to your peers and I don't think the complaints are "directed at us," just regular, normal venting about a subject someone feels strongly about. I dunno. I get that it can be annoying, but I also think life's too short to get annoyed by people's relatively harmless complaints about video games they want to play not being readily available.

In this case, Orgen wants to express wanting to play some games. He knows we can't do anything about it, and it's not like it's the only thing he ever posts. So I don't see the harm, really, especially since it doesn't tend to dominate discussion in here in general these days.

Pretty much, I find everyone's level/type of complaining to be tolerable, other than you-know-who (and, if/when he's back, I'm out again >.>)

Top Bottom