• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Got to make sure I'm out early Friday then just in case there is a line. It will likely still be freezing that early in the morning in eastern PA. Putting in both a Amazon (if possible) and in store GameStop preorder. I'll go Best Buy if I have to. I have the money already saved up so that won't be a problem but I don't like ordering from Best Buy. They screwed me and a few others over on the Smash/GameCube controller bundle by not filling all the orders. That was serious BS and haven't preordered from them since.

SuperSah

Banned
Man, I wish the UK had a nice array of good stores to preorder from.

GAME, Amazon, maybe Tesco Direct aaannnnnd that's practically it.

Oh, maybe also Shop of Two..

Zavvi
Base
Smyths Toys
Toys R Us
Argos
John Lewis
The game collection.

Oh, and Nintendo's official online store.

Get your arse over to HotUkDeals, I'm sure they'll be listing pre-orders, plus it's a good place to "swat up" on lesser known retailers

SuperSah

Banned
Zavvi
Base
Smyths Toys
Toys R Us
Argos
John Lewis
The game collection.

Get your arse over to HotUkDeals, I'm sure they'll be listing pre-orders, plus it's a good place to "swat up" on lesser known retailers

Thanks a bunch. Unfortunately Argos has always been iffy with me and once gave my reservation to some dude who came in before me.

I'm on HUKD - it never crossed my mind actually!

IlGialloMondadori

Gold Member
Friday at 3 am for target X Best Buy X GameStop most likely
I remember NES classic orders happened that time on its launch day

Whenever their systems update is usually that time

Hmm...I'm flying back to the UK on Friday afternoon. Hope this goes up at a time I can get an amazon.co.uk preorder in....

Plum

Zavvi
Base
Smyths Toys
Toys R Us
Argos
John Lewis
The game collection.

To be honest I've never had much bad experience with pre-ordering stuff like this online in the UK. As long as you're there ASAP you should definitely get one; it's worked with Amiibo, the NES Classic and the Persona 5 LE so I doubt it won't work with this.

SuperSah

Banned
Wait, I just realised how sleep deprived I'm gonna be.

4am conference, likely ending around 5am. Then I'm basically forced by Nintendo to stay awake in order to get a preorder in. So call that like between 7am-10am. THEN I'll be on the GAF hype/disappointment train, till like what... 1pm.

Likely will get no sleep before it starts since my body clock is arse and I'm known for magically being able to solve the phone's puzzle to turn off the alarm in my sleep.

Oh boy.

To be honest I've never had much bad experience with pre-ordering stuff like this online in the UK. As long as you're there ASAP you should definitely get one; it's worked with Amiibo, the NES Classic and the Persona 5 LE so I doubt it won't work with this.

Yeah that's true. Though I preordered the NES Mini the second it went up on Amazon, almost literally. Come release, they gave preorders to others and told me they couldn't fulfil mine. After much anger and complaining, they found stock somewhere else in Europe and got it to me two days after release. Sure hoping they don't fuck that up again...

Gotten from reddit, no confirmation of legit-ness.

vfti3d53hqsNy7nUecy2_dXSTO3Q0CrGZ8PCeluyXxg.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5n17yd/is_this_a_real_life_found_on_v/

Apparently translates to Inazuma Eleven, Taiko no Tatsujin Switch, Monster Hunter 5, Super Mario Maker, Lego City Undercover, Mario Kart Switch Circuit, Super Mario Switch (pending), Splatoon Rainbow Festival, BOTW

Compsiox

Banned
Wait, I just realised how sleep deprived I'm gonna be.

4am conference, likely ending around 5am. Then I'm basically forced by Nintendo to stay awake in order to get a preorder in. So call that like between 7am-10am. THEN I'll be on the GAF hype/disappointment train, till like what... 1pm.

Likely will get no sleep before it starts since my body clock is arse and I'm known for magically being able to solve the phone's puzzle to turn off the alarm in my sleep.

Oh boy.

Ever hear of naps? Nap before the conference. Or go to bed earlier and set an alarm.

sphinx

the piano man
in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=
What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

4= Almost perfect, new games, fair price, exciting hardware, I am sold.

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

JB2448

Which one?

Inazuma Eleven
Taiko Drum Master
Monster Hunter 5
Skyrim Special Edition
Super Mario Maker for Switch
Just Dance 2017
Minecraft: Switch Edition
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart 8 Switch Circuit
Super Mario Switch
Splatoon Rainbow Festival
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Seeing just "Switch" and not "Nintendo Switch" in these titles leads me to doubt the list heavily.
Why is Lego City Undercover on like every "leaked" list? Is there really a demand for a port of that game?
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lego-city-undercover-coming-to-nintendo-switch-ps4/1100-6445654/

guek

Banned
in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

Nintendo in beast mode

Believe

Iwata to drop the bomb (from heaven)

3=

3 all the way

IlGialloMondadori

Gold Member
Yeah that's true. Though I preordered the NES Mini the second it went up on Amazon, almost literally. Come release, they gave preorders to others and told me they couldn't fulfil mine. After much anger and complaining, they found stock somewhere else in Europe and got it to me two days after release. Sure hoping they don't fuck that up again...

Hoping that Amazon UK preorders go up instantly after the conference.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm still not sure how early I'll be getting to GameStop. I'm going to have trouble getting to sleep after the presentation. Not sure if 8am will suffice, or 6am, or 4am. We don't know supply, and we don't know what bombs NIntendo will drop on Thursday night; they might unveil surprises that'll compel folks to line-up earlier than you'd think..

guek

Banned

Hip Hop

Do companies really give out lists of everything that will be announced before a presentation?

Is that really a thing? lol

BubbaMc

I'll be in Tokyo later this week. What do you think the chances are of seeing one of these consoles in the flesh? Does Nintendo usually display their new machines in public before release?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

3=

Not quite a 2 for me I expect. I doubt any surprise will blow me away. I'll get one almost definitely, but I'm leaning toward not day 1 since Mass Effect is out the 21st and I'm trying to buy/play one game at a time.

Plum

3=

4 most likely. A From Software Metroid would bump it up to a 5, but like I've said that is highly unlikely.

Knowing GAF I'm expecting lots of 1s and 2s come Friday.

March 17 - It sucks that I have to choose between the Switch launch and going to see Beauty and the Beast. I only wish there was some way to play my new Nintendo games while at the theater.

ngower

It could also just be that Nintendo allocated more units to retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, etc. Which they are known to do.

I don't doubt that but I have a bunch of trade credit at Gamestop from trading in my Wii U a few weeks back. I don't mind if it's a little scarce but it seems more and more likely that it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to get one of these.

guek

Banned
Man, lego city and minecraft on switch at launch would make me regret buying my nephews the XB1 minecraft bundle for Christmas.

Plum

Do companies really give out lists of everything that will be announced before a presentation?

Is that really a thing? lol

It looks to be a floor layout for demos on the show floor so it's definitely more possible than "random paper with all the games pls don't leak."

Though I'm putting this in the fake category. Monster Hunter 5 instead of XX is my biggest concern; Splatoon Rainbow Festival just sounds strange as well, like it's a Kirby game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom