• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017 worldwide, MSRP $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmud

its 50 dollars more than a price everyone was ok with. its $100 more than a 3DS XL lol .... be more upset about what paid online may or may not mean

poodaddy

Gold Member
Not what I expected at all :/. I was all in for 250, 300 is a wait for sale price for me. I hope it's successful though.

LoveCake

That will no doubt be £300 here in the UK, that's way too much for me, especially since owning a WiiU and 3DS.

Bracing myself for the inevitable "you're a troll if you think $300 is too much for this" or "you were never gonna buy it anyway" posts. I honestly think this thing is DOA when you compare it to PS4/XBO. And no, it isn't a handheld so people need to stop with that nonsense. Nintendo is marketing Switch as a home console that happens to have a portable option, not the other way around.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Well I tried to tell you awhile ago this was going to be the price :)

Impressed they got it so low

akira28

Really puts a lot of pressure on the Nintendo faithful to prop this thing up until the software libraries grow and the retail prices come down. Like a 2018 Xmas bundle or something that can blow up in time to take advantage of a Sony or MS sales lull.

Cmagus

Pffft $399.99 in Canada, confirmed on their Canada Twitter page. Sorry but given Nintendo's track record I can't jump on that at launch.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You guys do know about inflation and stuff right? You know... Plus A screen and all that stuff? 300 is perfect.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
i feel for those of you who are going to have to pay for three online subscriptions
This is why I am PC only for online multiplayer going forward. MS and Sony can hardly scrape together worthwhile games monthly, and I'm baffled at what Nintendo thinks is going to justify charging.

Rockondevil

Still waiting to see what they price it here in Aus.
Because $300 USD is about $405 so they could go $400 or $450.

However they said 29,980 yen (if my memory is working) which is about $350 AUD.

Hopefully get good trade in on the WiiU too. So far looking promising though.

RIP

That's lower than you expected???

I do not get why you guys seem married to a number that, in my opinion, was not at all grounded in any reality or facts at all. This thing was never going to be $250, ever. The flabbergasted, entitled responses from some people in this thread are incredible.

You guys do know about inflation and stuff right? You know... Plus A screen and all that stuff? 300 is perfect.

Maybe if you're in love with Nintendo or don't care about blindly spending money. Inflation has nothing to do with the pricing scheme either btw.

It's amazing what a $50 difference makes. $250 would have had me in line tomorrow morning lol. $300 will have me waiting for some must play games to drop. I have a Wii U so Zelda won't be what gets me on board

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
I do not get why you guys seem married to a number that, in my opinion, was not at all grounded in any reality or facts at all. This thing was never going to be $250, ever. The flabbergasted, entitled responses from some people in this thread are incredible.

Typical "Nintendo is Doomed" posts, nothing really unexpected.

Though I bet some of the same people probably paid full launch price for an XB1 or PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom