• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA releasing Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PSVita) in Fall

Tohsaka

Hoping there's dual audio. I know NISA almost always has it for their games, but Operation Abyss doesn't have it and they didn't mention anything about it last night. I wouldn't want to play this without Miyuki Sawashiro.

LiK

Hoping there's dual audio. I know NISA almost always has it for their games, but Operation Abyss doesn't have it and they didn't mention anything about it last night. I wouldn't want to play this without Miyuki Sawashiro.

confirmed in OP it has dual audio

antibolo

Banned

Same here.

No offense to Feep, I'm sure you do a great job and all, but I prefer my Japanese games with the original voicework.

confirmed in OP it has dual audio

Oh, alright then.

LiK

Same here.

No offense to Feep, I'm sure you do a great job and all, but I prefer my Japanese games with the original voicework.

Oh, alright then.

you should play in English during a replay some time. the VO is pretty awesome especially during the trials. probably NISA's best English voicework.

antibolo

Banned
you should play in English during a replay some time. the VO is pretty awesome especially during the trials. probably NISA's best English voicework.

That would just feel extremely wrong since the voices are already ingrained in my head.

Labrys

Well, not quite. It's more
an anti-tickling/rubbing game. You're trying to knock away the hands that are tickling Komaru.

I see! That was misunderstood by me then, I apologize. The whole sequence looked really skeevy in general though, the lack of translation didn't help, heh.

GoldStarz

I prefer "Ultra" to "Absolute" here. Same way I prefer "Ultimate" to "Super High School Level."

Super High School Level is so dumb
Not sure if this counts as a DRAE spoiler
Ultimate is more trouble then it's worth considering this game features some Super Elementary School Levels...

Also, it's always nice to have a name that you can attach to the brand, Ultimate is just so... Bland.

WolvenOne

The problem with making a successor to the Vita, is that Sony either needs to differentiate said successor with additional features, which would drive up the price, or the need to make a successor that's simultaneously better and cheaper, which would be difficult.

Price and lack of library are what hurt the Vita most early on, and on the price front, it still isn't all that much lower even after all this time. So it's hard to seem them being able to put out a new machine that is significantly more powerful, "and," less expensive than the current Vita.

LiK

And I find that the english Monokuma falls flat in comparison to the japanese one. That's okay.

English Monokuma starts off a bit flat like with everyone but the VA gets better as the game goes on. I was thoroughly impressed. I guess they got used to their roles as it went on. Feep mentioned they recorded the lines in order of how the story went, iirc.

you should check out English
Junko
during the final battle in both games. Godly voicework.

antibolo

Banned
Monokuma is voiced by the same VA who does Doraemon, Japan's most beloved childhood character. That's a big part of the character's intended creepiness.

LiK

Monokuma is voiced by the same VA who does Doraemon. That's a big part of the character's intended creepiness.

I never watched Doraemon in JPN. only watched it in Cantonese as a kid so that doesn't resonate with me. that's a cool fact tho.

Shizuka

Monokuma is voiced by the same VA who does Doraemon, Japan's most beloved childhood character. That's a big part of the character's intended creepiness.

Just like Sachiko from Corpse Party is voiced by Pikachu's VA. It's part of the territory.

English Monokuma starts off a bit flat like with everyone but the VA gets better as the game goes on. I was thoroughly impressed. I guess they got used to their roles as it went on. Feep mentioned they recorded the lines in order of how the story went, iirc.

you should check out English
Junko
during the final battle in both games. Godly voicework.

Yeah, the english VAs are fantastic. I agree that they all start flat in the first game, but they become fantastic fairly quickly. I love them too much to switch to the Japanese cast.

Monokuma and the character you mentioned are especially great.

GoldStarz

I don't think it's fair to judge the Monokuma's voice because who's playing them IS a big factor in their fucked-upness so we really don't have the vantage point of the original audience. I do think both voices are really great at portraying the character right
but we all know faulerro's monokuma will always be best monokuma

Oh yeahh... give it to me!

5(157).png

This is cool, I just got D2 in last week's sale.

I fired it up but I'll probably start over because I didn't make it far and wasn't really giving it my full attention when I saved it.

So happy! DR 1&2 were in my top 3 favorite games last year and this sounds even more crazy. Will get day one and I hope for the first time to get the LE!

JalnYha.gif

Nice news to wake up to for dangan ronpa fans.

It was perhaps expected but nice to see a release confirmed.
Dual audio too. Fall is far away though.

GoldStarz

dismiss nothing that is Danganronpa

Yeah, basically this, the only stuff that's really supplementary is the manga (and the Kirgiri novels, I guess, but that's mostly because of how far back they're set and it's still good for providing Kyoko's backstory).

Top Bottom