• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

Keby

A game in development since 2006 better have something new to show in 2014

Your point still stands, but it's probably inaccurate to say this game has been in development consistently since 2006. More than likely it has been on and off until around 2011 if I had to guess.

Still a no show after one year is disappointing :(

Toki767

leaving ff15 in the hands of the people who made ffv13 not happen for a whole extended console generation was the dumbest move square enix could have made.

Putting FFXIII in the hands of people who couldn't make the game themselves and had to get help from the people who were making FFvXIII was the dumbest move Square Enix made.

UberTag

If there are any self-respecting journalists at E3 this year - and there's a good chance that there aren't - they should make a point of outwardly booing if either Sony or Microsoft DARE to plug the Lightning Collection on either of their flagship press conferences.

I would also settle for outward yawns or guffaws.

Holykael1

Banned
Everyone who would buy a Lightning Collection or got Lightning Returns is another reason this happened.

Fuck Lightnig. Fuck Square.

Are you high or something?
Is your hate for a fictional character so powerful that you would create completely irrational and idiotic correlations.

Vire

Wow... just wow.

Guess the game is vaporware after all. Why did I even have hope after last E3 with the showing of both Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV? Now nothing? Are you kidding me?

If there are any self-respecting journalists at E3 this year - and there's a good chance that there aren't - they should make a point of outwardly booing if either Sony or Microsoft DARE to plug the Lightning Collection on either of their flagship press conferences.

Self respect =/= Booing games that some people don't like (and I dislike the XIII saga)

Holykael1

Banned

Yeah they definitely should act completely unprofessional just to satisfy your agenda/revenge/grudge against some video games you don't like. What's next, calling for world war 3 to erase anything Lightning out of existence. This
Vendetta against video games that nobody forces you to play or pay for is ridiculous to say the least.

This thread is comedic gold.

Hasney

Self respect =/= Booing games that some people don't like (and I dislike the XIII saga)

I agree. It should only really be booed if they make a big deal out of it. If it's just a quick slide and mention beore moving on, great. If it's a console makers conference and gets a full 10 minutes presentation... Then I fear what else they have if they have to use that as filler.

botty

Banned
I'm vexed. I am fucking seething. I made a bet with someone that FFXV would be released before Nintendo's currently unnamed "X" and now I am pretty much fucked. This has got to be one of the worst managed games of all times from a business stand point. I can not wait until Nomura leaves this company and forms his own church. It will be a new reformation.

Riki

Wow. So I guess it's safe to assume that this game is still in development hell at this point?
Development graveyard.
I'm vexed. I am fucking seething. I made a bet with someone that FFXV would be released before Nintendo's currently unnamed "X" and now I am pretty much fucked. This has got to be one of the worst managed games of all times from a business stand point. I can not wait until Nomura leaves this company and forms his own church. It will be a new reformation.
Why would you make that bet?
X has been 2014 for over a year now.
FF15 was always lucky to even be a 2016 title.

Hasney

Did anyone not see the name change as just some lame attempt to make the wait seem more bearable.

That and the fact that XIII is now associated with Lightning, for better or worse. I think keeping it XIII would have alienated some of their audience.

Vashetti

Banned

Wat.

Is this rumoured?

:(

Fey

Banned

4cjul8hz

Hasney

Wat.

Is this rumoured?

:(

Well if the picture is real, it's a slide and SquareEnix aren't having their own presentation, so it would fit that it would go into one of them.

Hopefully they've got their own little private behind closed doors announcement thing.

UberTag

That and the fact that XIII is now associated with Lightning, for better or worse. I think keeping it XIII would have alienated some of their audience.
I actually enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII as a standalone enterprise before the franchise got bastardized into a Lightning showcase vehicle.
So you can consider me in that group.

Frolow

Banned
Your first mistake was having faith in Square Enix.

yes.gif

Soriku

Well if the picture is real, it's a slide and SquareEnix aren't having their own presentation, so it would fit that it would go into one of them.

Hopefully they've got their own little private behind closed doors announcement thing.

It's fake.

I just realized that my own RPG was in pre-development for four years, and then in full development for two years... and it's still farther along than this game.

I mean, I have a playable first area, I'm working on the first dungeon, the script is complete, and the battle system is almost ready. All of this, done by me. A single person.

And it will probably still come out before FFXV.

dramatis

Is it though?
It's a pretty inexpensive endeavor that requires little man power and it's easy profit with low risk. Besides, it will greatly please XIII fans and RPG starved average next gen consumers(I can see it selling half a million copies worldwide).
Nah. If they haven't gotten 15 up and kicking on next generation consoles, it's unlikely that it would be so easy for them to port all three 13 games up so quickly. That is the main reason that I thought that slide was fake, although Bazztek has more evidence than I do with my general analysis.

Granted, development towards next gen is supposedly easy compared to previous gens. However, this is Square Enix Japan we're talking about.

Moreover, I doubt 13 fans are enough to cover the cost of porting up, and the 'RPG starved average next gen consumer' is unlikely to be interested in last gen's leftovers. There's no use porting if there's no significant demand to cover the port cost.

Holykael1

Banned

I bet 5 bucks some random internet denizen will say X is the true FF XV in a couple of years..
No.. X IS FUCKING X and proudly so. It doesn't deserve to be called another game just because of someone's petty grudge against video games they don't like.
It's like the ones who say "Insert last gen RPG" is the true FF XIII. That's pretty inconsiderate to said "insert last gen RPG", it should be praised for it's own merits and not live in the shadow of a completely unrelated series. And now I made myself mad.. Why?

A-V-B

No FFXV or KH3 news?

Square Enix is in shambles, man. What happened to them?

They need to send Wolverine back in time to save Sakaguchi.

Foffy

Banned
I've heard various things over the years from different people about how bad the development situation on Versus and S-E Japan in general are. Poor management, resources being wasted, gameplay not coming together, staff getting frustrated with how things are going. Doesn't paint a particularly nice picture. The concept for the the game has been really appealing to me from the moment it was announced, but it's been really disheartening to see clear signs that the company is really struggling to turn it into the big blockbuster success they need this to be.

You know, I wouldn't be shocked to fully believe you. I thought the gameplay trailer put out last year showed this clearly, with poor AI and flashy moves that lacked impact, if they hit at all. Similarly, these things have plagued many Kingdom Hearts games.

Makes me wonder why they bothered to rename the game as a main entry in the series if they didn't fix the issues occurring during development. Couldn't this now hold off the mainline series for years until this game finally comes out? That we'll be stuck with side games and XIV for a long time?

Not that XIV is bad, mind you. Unless they go full on remakes, remasters, and sequels to main games, what we have for the future is what we have now.

Holykael1

Banned
Nah. If they haven't gotten 15 up and kicking on next generation consoles, it's unlikely that it would be so easy for them to port all three 13 games up so quickly. That is the main reason that I thought that slide was fake, although Bazztek has more evidence than I do with my general analysis.

Granted, development towards next gen is supposedly easy compared to previous gens. However, this is Square Enix Japan we're talking about.

Moreover, I doubt 13 fans are enough to cover the cost of porting up, and the 'RPG starved average next gen consumer' is unlikely to be interested in last gen's leftovers. There's no use porting if there's no significant demand to cover the port cost.

Well.. I doubt it would sell much less than say KH 1.5 HD and that was a pretty successful endeavor for them(not to mention it could theoretically be cheaper/ KH 1.5 is PS3 exclusive ). Furthermore like you said, porting to "next gen" consoles is much less costly and time consuming. Moreover it could easily be ported to PC aside PS4 and XBone(Not to mention that they seem to be keen on porting FF games to PC lately). We can only speculate so it's useless to press this matter further without clear evidence.

DJIzana

For once, I'm not even made. I just... don't care any more (which might actually be worse for Square Enix).

There are other games I'm invested in right now that are

A. On my backlog still

or

B. Games that are still coming out. (Smash Bros, X, Zelda U, Triad Wars etc...)

Arklite

The teams have zero motivation at this point. This and The Last Guardian linger on like giant phantoms from the PS3 era.

I bet 5 bucks some random internet denizen will say X is the true FF XV in a couple of years..
No.. X IS FUCKING X and proudly so. It doesn't deserve to be called another game just because of someone's petty grudge against video games they don't like.
It's like the ones who say "Insert last gen RPG" is the true FF XIII. That's pretty inconsiderate to said "insert last gen RPG", it should be praised for it's own merits and not live in the shadow of a completely unrelated series. And now I made myself mad.. Why?

This is true. The games are nothing a like. It's like saying Final Fantasy is the true Dragon Quest.

Top Bottom