• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 8th

rpg_fan

PS4 won BF (the Black Friday day) among millennials. XB1 won among Middle Aged people. And that ws within their baseline group they choose for comparison.

I mean it says that right there in the image.

Soooo Xbox won with middle aged people, also called users...

XB1 huge win in MAU!!!!

zIlXqFa.png

What does MAU mean and why is it so important?

Monthly active user.

You can assume the average MAU to be your estimated no of audience that's engaged with your product frequently.

Console X may have sold 100 million units, but if there's only 20 million MAU, that means a large number of buyers stopped using the console after purchase.

Assuming that Gears stat is true, it does throw pie into the face of those who talk down on remasters and hype up new exclusives to orbital levels.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Assuming that Gears stat is true, it does throw pie into the face of those who talk down on remasters and hype up new exclusives to orbital levels.

to me it just means the sku with the best deal/value sold the most. which seems about right. i would expect halo 5 bundle to have sold better if they just had a standard sku and same pricing. same goes with tomb raider. ms botched those.

i'm more interested in seeing how much battlefront has sold and if the review narrative ends up affecting software and console sales at all

Death2494

I am sure Xbox took black friday but as i mentioned, their sample size was 300k. Of that 300k, only 48% were console + bundle sales. That is roughly about 150k of between multiple SKUS. The article states that the XB1 Gears was the best selling bundle but we dont know the percentage.

With all that said, PS4 clearly took November

Boke1879

Do they cover retail + online vendors? How reliable are their data compared to NPD?

How they gather info for their tracking is legit. But imo it's just a snapshot. They compile people who take pics of their receipts and I guess they gather the info from that. and mind you the pool of people is like 250k while that's a nice sample size only like 48% bought console bundles.

So it's really just a snapshot of the overall trend imo.

Aceofspades

Banned
How they gather info for their tracking is legit. But imo it's just a snapshot. They compile people who take pics of their receipts and I guess they gather the info from that. and mind you the pool of people is like 250k while that's a nice sample size only like 48% bought console bundles.

So it's really just a snapshot of the overall trend imo.

I see, so we are not expecting hard numbers for their report. I mean they just say that console x had more sales than console y..right?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

One console will sell 1,000,000 units the other will sell 1,000,001 and one console will be the huge winner, to dominate sales forevermore and the other will be the loser console, shunned for all eternity. Thus it is typed on a mobile touchpad, thus it shall be.

Boke1879

I see, so we are not expecting hard numbers for their report. I mean they just say that console x had more sales than console y..right?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Yea no problem. It's kinda why I'm taking their info anecdotally instead of making any real prediction out of it. Because if they knew who won outright don't you think Sony or MS would have said something by now?

Anyways, some retailers out there were having some data systems troubles today. Might be why no one's come out and said anything yet. Who knows.

Welfare

One console will sell 1,000,000 units the other will sell 1,000,001 and one console will be the huge winner, to dominate sales forevermore and the other will be the loser console, shunned for all eternity. Thus it is typed on a mobile touchpad, thus it shall be.

Mobile touchpad? PC's are dying.

hawk2025

im kinda surprised (even though it's only a snapshot) at how low battlefront #13 and halo 5 #15 are on that infoscout blog

Lawd, Tomb Raider didn't even reach the top 20 or top The Witcher 3/Need for Speed.

The Disney Infinity numbers seem SUPER high -- but I shouldn't be surprised. It seems like the perfect Black Friday gift buy, and the price was right. Hell, I bought a starter pack to finally check out what the series is about. Too bad it can't count on the 900% digital bump for even higher sales, though.

It's BF, $299 consoles momentum.

but i'm referencing software
even though the majority of the top software is mostly discounted or the typical charting software for holidays (toys, sports games, cod)
I would've thought at least battlefront would be in a better position, the same for halo but to a lesser extent

i suppose they both under performed could be the case

RedAssedApe

Banned
even though the majority of the top software is mostly discounted or the typical charting software for holidays (toys, sports games, cod)
I would've thought at least battlefront would be in a better position, the same for halo but to a lesser extent

for star wars i'm assuming bundles will factor into it. kind of like when destiny launched on ps4. not sure what to say about halo outside of it under performing at launch. seems to have carried over. its not THAT bad considering its only on one console though?

for star wars i'm assuming bundles will factor into it. kind of like when destiny launched on ps4. not sure what to say about halo outside of it under performing at launch. seems to have carried over. its not THAT bad considering its only on one console though?

well i suppose that can be true, though this is just a snapshot so who really knows til npd comes out

and idk i kinda expected halo to have legs over the holidays, especially on black friday weekend

jackdoe

This is a list of software purchased specifically on Black Friday. Battlefront didn't have any type of discount, so it makes sense that more heavily discounted titles sold more during the weekend.

Javin98

Banned
Well Infoscout just tweeted they'll compile the data of PS4 vs Xbox shortly.
So, did we get the info on this yet? I'm guessing the PS4 won Black Friday overall by a slight margin, but honestly it's pretty hard to tell. Both seem so close based on our anecdotal evidence.

Ray Down

Banned
By a nose lol.

Hopefully we get official PR tomorrow, anyway looks like PS4 took the month imo.

Battlefront and CoD bundles plus BF looks to me like Sony won November.

Top Bottom