• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD May 2019 Results

ethomaz

Banned
First remember the leaks are shutdown by NPD after Matt left the the other forum.
But sheepysheep continue doing the leak in new way.

sheepysheep said:
Remarkable evidence was given, anon, by an eye, ear, nose and throat witness
three shots a puddy at up blup saddle
Tell me, tell me, tell me, elm! Night night! Telmetale of stem or stone. Besides the rivering waters of, hitherandthithering waters of. Night!

I will not solve try to sold riddles so I will just steal the result:

Toumari said:
SW 216k
PS4 137k
XB1 86k

I will steal that too:

Myriotes said:
YTD Performance

[NSW] +23% (~ +270k)
[PS4] -33% (~ -510k)
[XB1] -34% (~ -390k)

UPDATED

I'm a little confused as to how Days Gone ended up #2 for May for best selling games but not in the top 10 on PS4.

EDIT: Updated Days Gone to #2 in PS game sales.

The best-selling games of May 2019 in the U.S.
  1. Mortal Kombat 11
  2. Days Gone
  3. Total War: Three Kingdoms
  4. Rage 2*
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  7. Red Dead Redemption II
  8. MLB 19: The Show
  9. Minecraft**
  10. NBA 2K19
  11. Mario Kart 8*
  12. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2**
  13. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4**
  14. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe*
  15. Marvel’s Spider-Man
  16. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  17. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
  18. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
  19. Team Sonic Racing
  20. Yoshi’s Crafted World*

Top 10 best-selling games so far this year
  1. Mortal Kombat 11
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2**
  4. Anthem**
  5. Resident Evil 2 2019
  6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  8. Days Gone
  9. MLB 19: The Show
  10. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Top 10 best-selling games over the last 12 months
  1. Red Dead Redemption II
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII**
  3. NBA 2K19
  4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  5. Madden NFL 19**
  6. Marvel’s Spider-Man
  7. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
  8. Mortal Kombat 11
  9. FIFA 19**
  10. Kingdom Hearts III
Xbox One May 2019
  1. Mortal Kombat 11
  2. Rage 2*
  3. Red Dead Redemption II
  4. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. NBA 2K19
  7. Minecraft
  8. Forza Horizon 4
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
  10. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
PlayStation 4 May 2019
  1. Mortal Kombat 11
  2. Days Gone
  3. MLB 19: The Show
  4. Rage 2*
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Marvel’s Spider-Man
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
  9. NBA 2K19
  10. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2

Nintendo Switch May 2019
  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  2. Mario Kart 8*
  3. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe*
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  5. Mortal Kombat 11
  6. Yoshi’s Crafted World*
  7. Super Mario Party*
  8. Super Mario Odyssey*
  9. Pokemon: Lets Go Pikachu*
  10. Pokemon: Lets Go Eevee*

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Next gen info/talk maybe?
That is sure... it started in December already... every month this year shows similar drops to PS4 and XB1.

PS4 still have the $199 price cut card before Next-gen... Xbox I don't know they are selling at deals near $199 already... maybe $149?

Last edited:

Fake

Holyday will be the war about who will took the second place I guess. Software for the other hand...

demigod

This is why you don't base console sales from 1 day like here

and here

Mattyp

Gold Member
PS4 & Xbox dead. We'll see the usual holiday numbers specially at the prices they'll list at but feels like a long time yet we're still stuck with these consoles.

ethomaz

Banned
This is why you don't base console sales from 1 day like here

and here
Afro Republican Afro Republican ?

Vlodril

June should be better due to the promotions they have but it's hard to see xbox going much lower in price (its been sub 200 for a while now) the ps4 still has the price cut card. I doubt they will do that though. Maybe 250 as an official price and 200 with discounts. We will see.

Quit trying to pass your opinion off as facts.
You honestly don't think over the next 18 months that Xbox and PlayStation are going to bury the games Switch has to offer? Really? The first half of this year was a huge embarrassment for the platform, just big game after big game scoring high left and right that they didn't get.

Is that suddenly going to stop?

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
You honestly don't think over the next 18 months that Xbox and PlayStation are going to bury the games Switch has to offer? Really? The first half of this year was a huge embarrassment for the platform, just big game after big game scoring high left and right that they didn't get.

That's a very personal opinion. I dont play graphics, and I don't like the standard AAA gameplay style. Things like TLOU and Uncharted are incredibly well crafted, but they are boring to me. I like Nintendo's games more. But this is my taste,

I'm not pushing it down your throat. You can like whatever games you want, but don't try to do that to me..

Last edited:

demigod

What xbox game do you think is going to outsell Pokemon? Pokemon is going to do NUMBERS.

DanielsM

Banned
Considering how expensive X and Pro still are, I'm not surprised.

Way too high which is what many of us were talking about with the SAD Edition when it was released. SAD version is number #10 on Amazon among Xbox One consoles, and that's after the drop.

Disc Drive > (Minecraft+Sea of Thieves+Forza Horizon 3 + $4)

I'm firmly in the sub 6m units for 2019, I think under 5m units is possible, and under 4m units is definitely not out of the question..... the run rate is not good at all. The only way for them to sell units at this point is massive drops, and that's usually temporary.

Microsoft went high end quite a few years ago, so lower volume higher prices, generally speaking.

Son, you're in an NPD thread. Are you telling me there's 0 possible chance that a Switch game will score high in the next 18 months?
I didn't say that but a few Switch games scoring high over the next 18 months is no comparison to a barrage of first and third party games scoring high which Switch will not have.

VertigoOA

Banned
I needed to lookup PS4 prices... umm pro still 400 and base 250-300?

You would think Sony would ride out the PS4 at 200$ for a year or two before next gen launch. I imagine it’s gonna happen soon

LMJ

I wouldn't be surprised to see the base PS4 drop to $199 or 249 and the Pro to $300 in an upcoming PS Event, or to see the Box follow suit, hit that sweet spot...

FF7 Remake, Death Stranding and Gears 5 will give them some steam, but people are looking ahead to next gen right now, not suprisingly lol

Someone has not seen the recent direct...

Not to mention, if the first half of this year is such an embarrassment for the Switch, then how come it is the best selling platform on NPD so far this year?

redfirm

Banned
Someone has not seen the recent direct...

Not to mention, if the first half of this year is such an embarrassment for the Switch, then how come it is the best selling platform on NPD so far this year?
aah come on, the ps4 sold out everywhere in its first two years without a single game...the switch is a great product, but lets not turn it into the holy grail.

aah come on, the ps4 sold out everywhere in its first two years without a single game...the switch is a great product, but lets not turn it into the holy grail.
I guess Infamous: Second Son and Bloodborne don't count...

And never mind the numerous big 3rd party titles that released on the PS4 like Shadow of Mordor or Far Cry 4...

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
people always forget the overall picture. worldwide numbers are health for ps4 as much as it is possible without price cuts and almost 6 years in the market.

Still solid numbers from what I can tell, globally it looks good, definitely a little softening, I would not be surprise by less then Sony's estimate of 16m, not seeing anything to suggestion sub-10m or anything like that, should be close to 110m total units by end of Q1. They are avoiding the talk as long as possible i.e. PS5 then around that time use the price cut I would suspect.... they probably don't even want to talk about the PS5 till next year but not sure they can hold off on a price cut quite that long.

in my opinion those two where shitgames compared to what nintendo launched with...once again just my opinion, not facts.
And those two games sold rather well suggesting that they drove a good chunk of the PS4's sales.

Case in point, the PS4 selling well in its first 2 years without a single game is demonstrably false.

redfirm

Banned
And those two games sold rather well suggesting that they drove a good chunk of the PS4's sales.

Case in point, the PS4 selling well in its first 2 years without a single game is demonstrably false.
lets just see how the future goes, nintendo created a product with no competition, until cloud takes off, they are fine...or nextgen x or ps5

Last edited:
lets just see how the future goes, nintendo created a product with no competition, until cloud takes off, they are fine...or nextgen x or ps5
Because all of a sudden, people will be disinterested in BOTW2 and other future titles after the PS5 and Scarlett launch...

redfirm

Banned
Because all of a sudden, people will be disinterested in BOTW2 and other future titles after the PS5 and Scarlett launch...
no i did not say that, to be fair i kind of jumped in the discussion you two where having, my point is, i believe that the current sales of ninty cant last once next gen launches unless they also launch a new model.

no i did not say that, to be fair i kind of jumped in the discussion you two where having, my point is, i believe that the current sales of ninty cant last once next gen launches unless they also launch a new model.
And what evidence suggests this? Graphics? Because the people don't buy the Switch for graphics.

demigod

Switch is going to continue to sell even after new consoles imo. It basically replaced the 3DS.

money, people will only be able to buy 1 console(most people) and they will go for sony or xbox which offers them next gen gfx and streaming to any device.
The Switch would be cheaper by then. And if the rumored cheaper handheld-only Switch launches later this year or next year, then the concerns about money is moot.

And I already rebutted the graphics argument. The Switch and PS5/Scarlett do not cater to the same audience. Graphics enthusiasts wouldn't be interested in the Switch in the first place.

Top Bottom