• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD - PS4 was the top selling console of December 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so they are claiming that Xbox One sales from July-Dec > PS4 sales from July-Dec? Or is that some spin I'm not understanding? I thought the sales gaps in the months they won were relatively small....

The sales gaps in the months they won over the summer / fall were actually bigger than the gaps that Sony won by in November and December

sam777

Wait so they are claiming that Xbox One sales from July-Dec > PS4 sales from July-Dec? Or is that some spin I'm not understanding? I thought the sales gaps in the months they won were relatively small....

Yep exactly that not sure how it is a spin tbh.

malfcn

zB7_xTgq.jpg

I like his shirt.

Purdy

Haha come on, that's a pretty funny one even for a PR guy. The way he breaks it up almost makes you think Xbox took the month when he's talking about the back half of a year.

Seems the norm to me now.

Lets be fair greenberg probably taking the piss slightly, no one paying attention to his tweets other than those who probably already know the current situation or have their heads up microsofts arse

However I do agree it is some what humorous

Welfare

Because launch aligned 360 is ahead WW.
If it Xbone is ahead in US then it needs to be behind outside US.

I guess it is ahead in UK too that makes... some guesstimations:

US: ~15.5m
UK: ~3.0m
Outside US & UK: ~7m

WW: 25-26m

Xbone is down YoY in 2016 WW.

PS. Why outside you think Latin America??? These are small market... EU, AUS come first.

This would be fine if not for the fact that we have zero idea if XB1 is still tracking ahead of the 360 WW. You can't just say it fell behind without proof.

N.Domixis

Banned
Just to remind people, Sony won the holiday with just an Uncharted bundle, imagine what will happen next year when you have Destiny 2, Cod, Battlefront, RDR 3 marketing, oh boy.

ethomaz

Banned
This would be fine if not for the fact that we have zero idea if XB1 is still tracking ahead of the 360 WW. You can't just say it fell behind without proof.
MS stopped to say that since ending of last year when even in US they continue to say.

It is tracking behind 360 WW.

If you do the maths about YoY of Xbone you will reach the same conclusion.

thelastword

Banned
Yep

Persona 5
Shenmue
Resi 7
Nex Machina
Gravity Rush 2
MLB
Kingdom Hearts
Ace Combat
Hellblade
Ni No Kuni
Wipeout Collection
And the PSVR stuff

Like I said, potential to be PS4's best year in its lifetime!
Yeah, I knew I was missing a bunch of great stuff that was not popping in my head at the time...Such a great extension to the list and I want to play every single one of them...It will be crazy that we may also get...

FF7 Remake
FF13 Series Remaster
and
FF12 Remaster as well.....Just bonkers...

Eh did I mention Marvel Infinite? and so many obscure games that look great like MatterFall.

AmyS

Congrats Sony, PS4 is still a beast and still king.

Great that both consoles sold very well, showing the console market still very strong.

Now we await the Switch release in March and Scorpio by the Holidays.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
$99 billion gaming industry...

Jesus Christ, we spend a lot of money on gaming. I just wish my old job could have gotten a piece of that pie. Sadly, our games just didn't make us enough money. That's business for you.

Just to remind people, Sony won the holiday with just an Uncharted bundle, imagine what will happen next year when you have Destiny 2, Cod, Battlefront, RDR 3 marketing, oh boy.

They also put a new hardware. I'm sure the pro sold more than the gap between the XB1 and PS4. With Scorpio bringing in the enthusiasts, the plus the casual purchasing the low end S it'll be close next year as well.

Purdy

Thanks for the reminder! I can get decked out in my sony t shirt and snapback for those sales threads, hell yeah!

Purdy

They also put a new hardware. I'm sure the pro sold more than the gap between the XB1 and PS4. With Scorpio bringing in the enthusiasts, the plus the casual purchasing the low end S it'll be close next year as well.

You think? Scorpio is going to need something huge to get people to really care, especially based on its price.

MS stopped to say that since ending of last year when even in US they continue to say.

It is tracking behind 360 WW.

If you do the maths about YoY of Xbone you will reach the same conclusion.

lack of something is not evidence
it's possible or even likely. just not a fact

especially with xbox one being down over the xb360 full year 3 in the us by a margin of less than 5%

I've heard there is a huge price difference between ps4 and xb1....Not quite sure why. Maybe some kind of tax?

Not really a price difference, but games are a bit more expensive on xb1.Since the PS4 is the leading console most stores just ignore xbox and sell ps4 games,

Nutter

Yeah it's pretty sad. That gap is made up in one week of japanese sales lol

This is US sales thread last I checked. What do Japanese sales have to do with that?

Some of you have absolutely no idea what PR is supposed to do. This is their job. If this bothers you so much how the hell are you going to deal with the PR coming from the President the next 4 years?

ethomaz

Banned
lack of something is not evidence
it's possible or even likely. just not a fact

especially with xbox one being down over the xb360 full year 3 in the us by a margin of less than 5%
Believe what you want I guess...

360 is ahead XB1 WW... just make the year over year maths... the only way to XB1 be ahead was if it was UP yoy in 2016.

Avtomat

Uncharted is a big deal let's not pretend it's some run of the mill game here. PS4 sales were bound to pick up with Uncharted.

Did Sony really get lead on marketing with all those games you mentioned,what the hell were MS doing - RDR alone on that list is a big coup????

H1 ain't looking to bright either Nier, Nioh, Horizon and gravity rush in Q1 if anything too many games too soon. None system sellers on their own but will keep you ticking along.

Not sure why people are calling Microsoft employees or their PR department "desperate" when their job is to promote their product. What do you honestly expect them to say? "Lol we tried but Sony outsold us again this year GG"? Both systems had a great month and the home console market is healthy; can't we be happy with that and cut the partisan BS? They are just entertainment devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom