• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2009

Glad to see that THQ's extra investment in Red Faction: Guerilla looks to have paid off. If they can sell roughly a million worldwide across all three platforms, they might be in good enough shape that we can get a sequel to the 2009 GOTY.

DogWelder

FateBreaker said:
PS2 and PS3 are roughly a ~10k difference.

...Weird.
I think PSP sales are more surprising. Jumped up more than the 25% you would expect from an extra week. I guess people haven't heard/don't care about the GO.

[Nintex]

Dax01 said:
Yeah, but I was just quoting the post that I noticed it with.

I wonder if the 360 will be able to close the gap and start outselling the Wii like it did in Britain. May be improbable, but is it a possibility?
I don't see anything that'll ignite sales in the near future. MS has all their guns lined up for the end of the year and Nintendo will pick up the pace during that time too.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Wait a minute, these numbers don't include the copies of Tiger Woods 10 that were bundled with Motionplus don't they?

Yes, they do. Damn, how do these rumors get started? Oh that'z right. I forgot.

Barrett2

Angelus said:
I call it karma for all the fucking haters slandering ProtoType. That is sells more than that other game thats been stroked to death here at Gaf while ProtoType had unjustifiable shit flung at it from haters just serves a good dish of crow towards them.
:D

I never realized there was a Prototype defense force. :lol

Its your time to shine.

Duke Togo

Aaron Strife said:
So... when was I being sensitive?

Or a fanboy?

Sorry man, you just got trolled. Don't worry, it happens.
Right about now you're sitting down to eat dinner with your parents. Your mother asks "what's wrong dear?". You answer "nothing mom! Just leave me alone...". The rage from this banning burns on in your mind, and your food tastes bitter.

Busaiku

JoshuaJSlone said:
So was it actually bundled with the system anywhere? What is actually being excluded with that "(*includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)" statement?
That's probably referring to the fact that it's including Motion Plus bundles.

Mrbob

BenjaminBirdie said:
I honestly did not expect to be ultimately vindicated by Prototype's sales at long last. And yet here I am.

Really? The game is a perfect fit for most of the Xbox audience.

Shiggy

dammitmattt said:
Glad to see that THQ's extra investment in Red Faction: Guerilla looks to have paid off. If they can sell roughly a million worldwide across all three platforms, they might be in good enough shape that we can get a sequel to the 2009 GOTY.

THQ has nothing to do with Professor Layton & Pandora's Box. In addition, the sequel of that game has already been released in Japan.

Haunted

Angelus said:
I call it karma for all the fucking haters slandering ProtoType. That is sells more than that other game thats been stroked to death here at Gaf while ProtoType had unjustifiable shit flung at it from haters just serves a good dish of crow towards them.
Sweet vindication. I wouldn't have phrased it quite as harshly as that, but there's some truth to this.

Sorry Andrews.

@Conduit Sales

Even Sega mentioned that the Conduit had a good start. And looking to the high numbers of the Top10 Games it was pretty hard to compete either...

dralla

The UFC has at least one event a month so I expect it to have legs. I'd be surprised if it didn't chart again next week with UFC100 last week.

RBH

Duke Togo said:
Right about now you're sitting down to eat dinner with your parents. Your mother asks "what's wrong dear?". You answer "nothing mom! Just leave me alone...". The rage from this banning burns on in your mind, and your food tastes bitter.
:lol :lol :lol

Angelus said:

Well I think most expected Infamous to do better. Even the Xbox fans. But also some seem to also think Sony first party have a stigma surrounded it this gen for some reason.

Cant0na

Banned
Tutomos said:
I have to wait for next month's NPD to determine if there will be a Prototype sequel.

Dude its activision, theres gonna be yearly ones (the one in between made by treyarch) with Prestige editions with REAL WORKING...........hoodies

MotherFan said:
They have to have a price cut (100 at least). There is no other option.

or lower their originally projected numbers like they did in both 2007 and 2008. There isn't some solid rule of life that says that just because you predict sales numbers, you will automatically hit them.

Gomu Gomu

Only one ban? Not bad juniors. :lol

Sooo, Glad that Infamous is doing good. Sad that the PS3 isn't. Glad That EA is kicking ass with their Wii support, I'm just afraid they'll say: "F U hardcore gamers and your new innovative IPs" xD. And finally, sad that The Conduit isn't up there. That makes it the third (?) mature hyped game to bomb sales wise.

MotherFan

Duke Togo said:

:lol

zero_suit

Dax01 said:
Yeah, but I was just quoting the post that I noticed it with.

I wonder if the 360 will be able to close the gap and start outselling the Wii like it did in Britain. May be improbable, but is it a possibility?

With WSR, NSMB Wii, and Wii Fit + on the horizon? Doubt it.

Arde5643

Gomu Gomu said:

Sooo, Glad that Infamous is doing good. Sad that the PS3 isn't. Glad That EA is kicking ass with their Wii support, I'm just afraid they'll say: "F U hardcore gamers and your new innovative IPs" xD. And finally, sad that The Conduit isn't up there. That makes it the third (?) mature hyped game to bomb sales wise.
I would wait to declare Conduit a bomba until we get the top 10 of Wii only game sales.

Just a feeling that it will chart there.

Gomu Gomu said:

Is a game bombing just because it didn't appear in the Top10?!!

Conduit will reach its million soon enough...

Mrbob said:
Really? The game is a perfect fit for most of the Xbox audience.

It must be a pretty good fit for the PS3 audience as well. It sold nearly as well on the month as a platform exclusive of the same genre and rough game type it was competing with.

XxBigP123xX said:
I thought it would be doing less.So by my standards, yes.

Well by standards it is doing less than expected. You expected it to do even less than 500k for its second month on shelves? I was thinking a bit more given the miniscule season of good titles.

amtentori said:
based on your expansive experience with both titles, Im assuming.

I for one think Wii fit is a great, fun game that could benefited from some more features. I own it.
I believe Mariokart is a slight rehash with a good addition (online) and broad appeal. it suffers from a huge flaw: a bad battle mode which is my favorite in MK. I have not bought it yet.
I purchased Wii Fit on day one and played around with it for a month, but found it to be rather lackluster and gimmicky. Some of the "games" were fun but only for a few minutes. I was expecting Wii Fit to grab me like Wii Sports did, but it ended up providing a rather empty experience.
Mario Kart Wii, for me, lacks a solid sense of speed and it feels like yet another Nintendo rehash than an actual good, new game.

Mrbob

Stoney Mason said:
It must be a pretty good fit for the PS3 audience as well. It sold nearly as well on the month as a platform exclusive competing with it.

If you ignore the 180K Infamous sold last month which was only a couple days worth of sales.

Sadist

Frencherman said:
@Conduit Sales

Even Sega mentioned that the Conduit had a good start. And looking to the high numbers of the Top10 Games it was pretty hard to compete either...
They said the same thing about MadWorld.

AFreak

Banned
Angelus said:
Well Infamous is still the better game.

Minsc

Gold Member
Weekly NPD sales in relation to last month / June of last year (june = 5 weeks, april = 4 weeks):

Code:
       |  06/09 |   05/09 | % Change |   06/08 | % Change (compared to 06/09)
PS2    |    31K |     29K |       7% |     38K |      18%
PS3    |    33K |     33K |       0% |     81K |      59% 
PSP    |    33K |     25K |      32% |     67K |      51% 
NDS    |   153K |    159K |       4% |    157K |       3% 
360    |    48K |     44K |       9% |     44K |       9% 
Wii    |    72K |     73K |       1% |    133K |      46%

Red signifies a decrease, black increase.

Sony actually did well in comparison to last month, but not at all in comparison to last year.

Top Bottom