• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Elandyll

Banned
It would be interesting to know the sales of all racers on current gen, looks like it's dead Jim...

GT Sports sure has its work cut out in the US...

kswiston

Call of Duty sales trend in the US at retail:

CV9XyUcWwAAnJ2g.jpg:large

*Note: digital sales are increased in the recent years.

21% digital share for Black Ops 3 would put it on par with Modern Warfare 2. It was probably pretty close (within 500k) even if the digital share was on the lower side of things for current gen.

These are absolutely 2 to watch. Not so sure about Xbox deals. They are not in a good position, especially worldwide.

The reason I think Microsoft is going to get those two games is because they aren't the biggest franchises in gaming. Fallout is way bigger than either one of those and Microsoft managed to secure a marketing deal for that.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
21% digital share for Black Ops 3 would put it on par with Modern Warfare 2. It was probably pretty close (within 500k) even if the digital share was on the lower side of things for current gen.

~20% is the actual trend. So, yeah. They should be pretty close.
Call of duty decline is true, but is not SO big Like many people believe.

RexNovis

Banned
Dark souls 2 sold < 350,000 the firsts 4 weeks in the US 360+PS3 combined.
BloodBorne sold 389,000 in two weeks. That's impressive.

But we dont have any LTD figures for Dark Souls?

I dont think we ever got ltd for souls game in the US but my first instinct is that none of them (maybe DS1?) would have broken the 1 million mark.

That makes me really sad. I realize that they are successful for From but I wish more people played them. Always sucks seeing fantastic games go unplayed by so many.

did we ever get figures for the CoD split including bundles? Just saw a BLOPSIII ad and made me realize I stopped looking at this thread after the console sales leak, so I never found out.

Broank

As expected Tomb Raider got steam rolled by Fallout and turned into a sandwich topping between Black ops and Batlefield.

But we dont have any LTD figures for Dark Souls?

That makes me really sad. I realize that they are successful for From but I wish more people played them. Always sucks seeing fantastic games go unplayed by so many.

The only PR I remember Dark Souls getting was that it had hit 2.3 million worldwide after roughly 2 years. That number included all version (though obviously not PC digital, not that I recall).

did we ever get figures for the CoD split including bundles? Just saw a BLOPSIII ad and made me realize I stopped looking at this thread after the console sales leak, so I never found out.
Here you go -

41% (PS4 sales) = 1.89 million. Add that with 251K for the bundles and that's 2.14 million.

42% of 4.6 million = 1.93 million

So yeah, looks like 2.14 million (PS4 with bundle sales) vs. 1.93 million (Xbox One).

sense

Sure. Would probably force them to selling this new version exclusively with a headset. Then the confusion would be solved, right?
I think if the ps4 box says VR ready in big bold letters that should be enough. At which point they would just need the headset.

Btw i was the one that predicted there might be a premium ps4 that will have the external box built in that could play the current and future games at better resolutions and frame rates. Current ps4 owners can just buy the standalone box for the better performance. I believe they will provide options. Sony will probably split the costs so people can gradually upgrade to VR rather than having to make a big investment up front. They need to obviously make buying the external box attractive and they can say something like 4k movie playback support, games that play and look even better. I look at it as an ipad vs ipad air or 3DS vs new 3ds and many disagree with this comparison for various reasons but I believe it can be done if marketed correctly.

kyser73

I think if the ps4 box says VR ready in big bold letters that should be enough. At which point they would just need the headset.

Btw i was the one that predicted there might be a premium ps4 that will have the external box built in that could play the current and future games at better resolutions and frame rates. Current ps4 owners can just buy the standalone box for the better performance. I believe they will provide options. Sony will probably split the costs so people can gradually upgrade to VR rather than having to make a big investment up front. They need to obviously make buying the external box attractive and they can say something like 4k movie playback support, games that play and look even better. I look at it as an ipad vs ipad air or 3DS vs new 3ds and many disagree with this comparison for various reasons but I believe it can be done if marketed correctly.

You do know the breakout box has no performance boost for the PS4, right?

I saw you posted something similar in one of the PSVR threads, and you're very wrong.

The breakout box serves two purposes:

1. 3D binaural sound processing

2. De-barreling the output from the PS4 to the HMD so that it appears as a single image on a local TV for audience viewing or participation in asynchronous gameplay.

Reprojection is, according to a PSVR dev presentation, a lightweight GPU compute task and is not handled by the box.

At most you could say the box provides performance assistance since 3D sound processing is pretty heavy, and also dealing with the image processing is 'lightening the load' on the console.

All this has been posted on Gaf in a variety of threads on PSVR, so you probably stop passing off misinformation as fact.

Elandyll

Banned
It looks like Amazon has the PS4 BF bundle back in stock this morning, although it previously said "back ordered for Dec 23rd" I think.

Looks like Sony sent some extra stock really quickly.

noobie

Banned
It looks like Amazon has the PS4 BF bundle back in stock this morning, although it previously said "back ordered for Dec 23rd" I think.

Looks like Sony sent some extra stock really quickly.

what about NDC bundle?

Btw any retail insider given any insight on current sales of PS4 and XBO in last few days.

Elandyll

Banned
what about NDC bundle?

Btw any retail insider given any insight on current sales of PS4 and XBO in last few days.
Still says Dec 25th for the UC collection bundle.
Right now the $349 COD bundle and the $299 BF bundle are it.

Edit: They just changed to Not Available from Amazon, and list other sellers for UC bundle.
Looks like they won't get more any time soon...

Interesting, makes me wonder if another "main" type bundle is inc for 2016...

Raylan

Banned
So I can't find certain numbers. Maybe you guys can help me out here.

Do we have LTD numbers, all consoles combined, (worldwide, or at least NA) for MGSV and Halo 5?

Edit: They just changed to Not Available from Amazon, and list other sellers for UC bundle.

Seems like Sony wants to push the Star Wars BF bundle now and not the Uncharted bundle.
Guess that's they reason why Amazon got restocked so quickly with SW:BF and not with the Uncharted bundle.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
So I can't find certain numbers. Maybe you guys can help me out here.

Do we have LTD numbers, all consoles combined, (worldwide, or at least NA) for MGSV and Halo 5?

Halo 5 sold > 1,300,000 in USA, and >250,000 in UK.

Metal Gear sold under 1 million in USA, over 600k in Japan, and has shipped 5 million WW by end of September.

What are the exact sales for BOPSIII on each platform? Just saw the banned --- website, and PS4 has almost twice as much sales. They're not usually that reliable, but in generally they're not off by more than 25%. I thought the difference would be 1:1 or maybe a 10-15%. Right now PS4 has it at 6.98 and X1 at 3.70. That's treading mighty close to 2:1. Can an insider help me out here?

My guess is that BO3 500gb bundle they announce recently will be Sony's Q1/Q2 bundles for next year. Those are the prime seasons for CoD DLC packs, and Sony's got the 30-day deal this time. They probably want to maximize the sales potential of that deal with that bundle. Helps that BO3 has been moving so well.

what about NDC bundle?

I would assume the Uncharted Bundle is going to be phased out, or no longer produced, to be replaced with Call of Duty and Star Wars Bundles. They have milked the Uncharted Bundle for a while now.

bombshell

What are the exact sales for BOPSIII on each platform? Just saw the banned --- website, and PS4 has almost twice as much sales. They're not usually that reliable, but in generally they're not off by more than 25%. I thought the difference would be 1:1 or maybe a 10-15%. Right now PS4 has it at 6.98 and X1 at 3.70. That's treading mighty close to 2:1. Can an insider help me out here?

We don't have exact numbers for anything else than US, UK(?) and Japan, but with how PS4 and Xbox One total sales are ~2:1 worldwide, why would you expect Black Ops to be 1:1 or with such a low difference (10-15%)? Or are you talking US only expectation?

In the US, retail only, the sales split including bundle copies is PS4 52.5%, XBO 47.5%. Worldwide will obviously have much more skewed sales in favour of PS4.

We don't have exact numbers for anything else than US, UK(?) and Japan, but with how PS4 and Xbox One total sales are ~2:1 worldwide, why would you expect Black Ops to be 1:1 or with such a low difference (10-15%)?

In the US, retail only, the sales split including bundle copies is PS4 52.5%, XBO 47.5%. Worldwide will obviously have much more skewed sales in favour of PS4.
Because of how dominant COD was with 360 last gen. I thought the tide would take longer. :\

I would assume the Uncharted Bundle is going to be phased out, or no longer produced, to be replaced with Call of Duty and Star Wars Bundles. They have milked the Uncharted Bundle for a while now.

As long as it sells and Uncharted 4 is coming it would not make sense to stop it.

Because of how dominant COD was with 360 last gen. I thought the tide would take longer. :\

Well, with bundles, the tide already turned towards the PS4 in the US (this was surprising to me personally). Given that this is probably the market where the sales were closest, I don't think it's unlikely that the gap is quite wide in WW terms. BO3 has done roughly 220k on PS4 in Japan alone and I'm sure it's pulled a similar performance in other countries relatively major countries around the world. So the gap, while not 2:1, has got to be considerable none the less.

Edit: Disregard this if you were talking about US only.

Top Bottom