• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Faustek

Interesting thread. Started at 800 replies and now I've read most of it and I can honestly say that Chobels tag is the best thing so far.

Creamsugar, be a champ and give us some SAO numbers please :)

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/ju22pih.png[/IMG]

First time in the meme business. Be gentle gaf.

Not really a fan but the Kuchera thing have me smiling very much :)

I am so happy Tomb Raider bombed. Thank you gaming Gods. Please destroy the reboot series forever so that I may have a chance of getting it developed by some company that actually understands what the goddamned franchise is about.

Big ass grin.

I don't give a shit if it's your favorite game of all time, honestly, because my comment wasn't even about quality.

It's an abhorrent TOMB RAIDER game that destroyed a true original for checklist game design nonsense that I could play in thirty five other games every year.

They could have called it RETURN OF THE LADY WARRIOR and gave it no relation to Tomb Raider and no one would have gave a shit. They made their bed, now as an OG TR fan I have a right to dance in the fuckin' rain over seeing it crash and burn. As it is my only shot at ever seeing a return to the glory days of what the franchise was always about. This shouldn't bother you one bit.

I kinda see your point and share it to a certain degree. TR really seemed to try and be "mee too" and that wasn't what *I* wanted from TR but I wouldn't hope for it's demise as many seemed to really enjoy this take and I'm dreading the notion that this is it for TR. It's either this and they make it work on PC(think it'll be dead on PS4) or we won't get anything else related to TR.

Of course I could be wrong and SE are actually opening up and let's someone else give it a shot and goes back to it's roots. I'm hoping for that but this hopeful scenario is years away if ever :(

Arklite

Well, people seem genuinely happy Tomb Raider bombed, and things didn't work out well for people who spent years of their lives working on a fantastic game. Nice thread.

A handful of people are genuinely happy, don't lump the rest of the thread with that madness. That said, the devs at Crystal got paid and the game reviewed well, the only loser here is the IP itself under performing badly for no good reason.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't give a shit if it's your favorite game of all time, honestly, because my comment wasn't even about quality.

It's an abhorrent TOMB RAIDER game that destroyed a true original for checklist game design nonsense that I could play in thirty five other games every year.

They could have called it RETURN OF THE LADY WARRIOR and gave it no relation to Tomb Raider and no one would have gave a shit. They made their bed, now as an OG TR fan I have a right to dance in the fuckin' rain over seeing it crash and burn. As it is my only shot at ever seeing a return to the glory days of what the franchise was always about. This shouldn't bother you one bit.
I agree. Go back to what made TR unique.

And good on Soby and MSFT for the sales.

Hazelhurst

2537327-7536189618-2e84d.jpg

This might be the best gif i've ever seen.

Kyoufu

I call bullshit on that. You only have to look at Souls games to see there is a market for any type of game, if the quality is right.

And that market will grow.

If somebody makes a real tomb raider game that doesn't suck and it bombs, we can talk. For now publishers are just taking the safest possible action option and it looks like people are finally getting tired of it.

A bad business decision doesn't equate to consumers getting tired of current Tomb Raider. This game would have performed much, much better if it weren't shackled and sent to die like it was. Simple as that.

It's way worse than the DMC story. DMC "only" changed the design of the main character. But somehow, it was still a DMC game. The new Tomb Raider games are Uncharted clones imho. As a big fan of the first Tomb Raider games (PSOne), I fucking hate the new games and the new Lara Croft design. And the exclusive deal takes the cake.

Oh lest not start this, because that isn't true at all.

muzzymate

Sad to see Tomb Raider didn't chart, especially since the reviews have been pretty great. Deserved a lot better in sales. Reminds me of Sunset Overdrive. Would pick it up but it's Christmas time and budget priorities are elsewhere & not for gaming this month.

I cant believe george predicted 950k for both consoles. That would be a doom scenario, that was an insanely low prediction given the context.

donny2112

Just using the rough numbers available, but PS4's YTD lead over XB1 is now back to where it was after XB1's big November 2014. PS4 looks to take December, though, so the full year YTD gap should be higher in 2015 than 2014 for PS4.

USConsole_PS4gap_201511_2.png

Raist

Banned
I think it was all an elaborate plan by MS to make sure the game tanks so that they can buy CD for cheap from SE and then have their own Uncharted for good.

AmuroChan

Gold Member
Well, people seem genuinely happy Tomb Raider bombed, and things didn't work out well for people who spent years of their lives working on a fantastic game. Nice thread.

TR bombing says nothing about CD. They made a fantastic game and the game was critically applauded. For game creators, that ultimately is what's most important. The Publisher is the one that has to deal with the low sales. S-E made the business decision to get in bed with Microsoft. It backfired. I don't feel bad for those executives at all.

1.) Call of Duty: Black Ops III - (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC | Actvision Blizzard)

pretty curious to see if the BO3 bundle pushes PS4 numbers ahead of the XB1 here. didn't creamsugar tell us about bundled software last month?

I think it was all an elaborate plan by MS to make sure the game tanks so that they can buy CD for cheap from SE and then have their own Uncharted for good.

Ah yes the ruin a franchise so i can buy it later and now i have a ruined franchise in my hands plan. Its quite possible.
Not really

TR bombing says nothing about CD. They made a fantastic game and the game was critically applauded. For game creators, that ultimately is what's most important. The Publisher is the one that has to deal with the low sales. S-E made the business decision to get in bed with Microsoft. It backfired. I don't feel bad for those executives at all.

I have no sympathy for Microsoft or Square Enix, but I fear the IP might be in trouble after such poor sales. Either way, I don't understand the glee over a game failing. Especially a good one.

J_Viper

I have no sympathy for Microsoft or Square Enix, but I fear the IP might be in trouble after such poor sales. Either way, I don't understand the glee over a game failing. Especially a good one.
I don't think people are cheering the low sales of the game itself, but are satisfied that a boneheaded business deal was rewarded with failure.

Baalzebup

Grimløck;188755133 said:

So SalesGAF has graduated from bullying Artisan to bullying using Artisan... Or is it just branching? :p

OT: I guess the Xone is done doing any relevant catch-ups after the pre-season warm ups.

BriGuy

People happy a game bombed...where is my crazy pills gif when I need it?
Bittersweet more than anything. On the plus side, it probably means the end of anti-consumer, "pay-to-delay" third party exclusives. The downside is that a fantastic game like RotTR is withering on the vine, which may jeopardize future entries in the series.

SRTtoZ

What an awful decision by Square Enix in regards to TR. Way to kill a series that was growing pretty damn fast.

Top Bottom