• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NV Democrats file complaint against Sanders campaign to DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
Wow, Hilgaf... While death threats are never cool, there was no violence at the convention. Only disappointment and outrage from the people not being heard.

If you'd like a good source for what occurred go here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersFor...ic_stepbystep_of_what_went_down_yesterday_at/
3vKJqc7.gif

noshten

You are comparing a partisan celebrity who acted alone with the actions from actual supporters taking marching orders from the top of the campaign

I was unaware that Sanders campaign ordered and organized his supporters to send death threats and other forms of harassment.

I was unaware that Sanders campaign ordered and organized his supporters to send death threats and other forms of harassment.

CNN said:
But new audio obtained by CNN shows a senior Sanders aide -- on the eve of the Nevada convention -- encouraging the senator's supporters try to "take over" the convention, change party rules and continue the "revolution" that Sanders has long campaigned on.

Shit like this coming directly from the top of Sanders' organization is not helping.

Sanders has been directly encouraging his supporters to be intractable.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/we-called-up-bernie-fans-who-threatened-nevada-dem-stat-1777177985

We Called Up Bernie Fans Who Threatened Nevada Dem State Chair and Asked Them to Explain Themselves

“We know where you live, where you work, where you eat,” another text to Lange read. “Where your kids go to school/grandkids. We have everything on you. We are your neighbors, friends, family, etc.”

The person who sent that one is a 26-year-old named Ethan with a Wisconsin area code, although he assured me the number was fake (and, I assume, the name was as well).

“Do you know what the concept of Anonymous is?” he asked me, immediately.

I said that I did. Ethan explained he’d been undertaking an Anonymous-esque action, but also, that he was trying to play a threatening character deliberately, to send a message.

“She is very much a top person,” Ethan said, referring to Lange. “The establishment and people like her have been on the internet themselves writing posts that try to incite hate. Try to incite frustration. They pay off trolls to start problems and stuff like that.” (For example, a pro-Hillary PAC spent $1 million to hire people to “correct” Facebook and Reddit commenters.)

“Who are you talking to?” and older woman’s voice shouted worriedly from the background.

“Please don’t tell anyone my name,” Ethan said, as we hung up. “I like my privacy.”

Ethan is exactly what I pictured him to be.

Mael

I would have been so happy if the GG type idiots were happy being railroaded by the alt right instead of spreading their bile to the Left.

The Young Turks are taking Sander's and his supporter's side on the Nevada issue. They are also implying that the harassing phone-calls were made by people paid of by Hillary's campaign.

The Young Turks are taking Sander's and his supporter's side on the Nevada issue. They are also implying that the harassing phone-calls were maid by people paid of by Hillary's campaign.

And TYT have been a fucking joke this entire primary season.

Cenk's head has been so far up Bernie's ass that he is in the small intestine.

Anedar

That is a different recording though

But new audio obtained by CNN shows a senior Sanders aide -- on the eve of the Nevada convention -- encouraging the senator's supporters try to "take over" the convention, change party rules and continue the "revolution" that Sanders has long campaigned on.
"You should not leave," Joan Kato, the national delegates director, told Sanders supporters in a meeting last week at the Rumor Boutique Hotel. "I'm going to repeat that, unless you are told by someone from the campaign ... that you can leave, you should not leave."

Cipherr

Politifact had reporters at the convention and just came out with their article ruling that every accusation made by the sanders campaign/supporters is.... False! Of course they could be part of the vast left wing conspiracy.

http://www.politifact.com/nevada/st...tions-fraud-and-misconduct-nevada-democratic/

Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver said Nevada Democratic Party leaders "hijacked the process on the floor" of the state convention "ignoring the regular procedure and ramming through what they wanted to do."

Caucuses and delegate math can be incredibly confusing, and the arcane party structures don’t reflect how most people assume presidential selection works.

But the howls of unfairness and corruption by the Sanders campaign during Nevada’s state Democratic Convention can’t change the simple fact that Clinton’s supporters simply turned out in larger numbers and helped her solidify her delegate lead in Nevada.

There’s no clear evidence the state party "hijacked" the process or ignored "regular procedure."

We rate this claim False.

And just like that, Politifact instantly becomes the "establishment hit piece writing institution that represents everything wrong with the country" right?

1GDSiF4.gif

jack_package_200 said:
"No one had a right to feel threatened." —Jeff Weaver on NV State Democratic Convention

https://twitter.com/AlanKestrel750/s...50417089794048

Death threats and harassment I guess aren't grounds for feeling threatened according to the Sanders campaign.

See, this is what happens when you tip toe around and refuse to be honest about something. Now you are stuck saying stupid stuff in front of millions on television because you decided to try and find a way not to outright condemn the nonsense. Now you are stuck along for the ride looking like a fool.

Bronx-Man

Banned
“Who are you talking to?” and older woman’s voice shouted worriedly from the background.

“Please don’t tell anyone my name,” Ethan said, as we hung up. “I like my privacy.”
Who do you think Ethan posts as on gaf?

Once again, this veneer that Bernie's supporters, and Bernie himself, have painted him with falls farther away from him as he's revealed to be what he was all along.

A politician.

Oh no what have you done!

I've noticed most of the most vocal Bernie supporters on my Facebook have gone quiet in the last few weeks. The number of Bernouts is getting bigger everyday.

Oh, the vitriol spilled when I posted about the debacle at the convention before Bernie gave his non condemnation of the events. Funny enough, a friend of mine actually works for a member of Congress and has intimate knowledge of how this whole thing is supposed to work. But, since he has a picture on his page of meeting Bill Clinton and shaking his hand, he is part of the establishment and cannot be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom