• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please take a look at this, it's by Nirbion on Twitter:
CeQ_Od9WQAAXADU.jpg

Muzicfreq

Banned
What parallel universe are you in? There are so many people on teamreal in this thread...

If Alberto says so, I am in teamreal too.
Was more mentioning about the old thread.
I just find it silly that ab image that can be far more believable got called fake yet the thread for the ps4.5 had so many believers

Peltz

Wow. This sounds impractical at best. The worst aspect of that control in the end is that people try to find ways to make it work like a normal controler with clumsy ways... And yet we still havent found a potential interesting use other than different layouts, which is gimmicky.

Exactly, it makes no sense. It's a solution in search of a problem even more so than the Wii U. I have to give Nintendo a little more credit that they are not repeating the same mistakes (or doubling down on them in this case).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
OK I GOT IT NOW

CONSPIRACY TIME

-white & black "devkit" leakers are the same dedicated faker
-3D print one white model, this one you cant fake the screen properly with since the material would shine through the glass, shop cropped UE4 demo screenshot into image
-Invent leaker one
-Paint it black, no need to shop a screenshot
-New photos, invent leaker two

this neatly also explains the "missing" mic hole on the black "devkit" - it got filled by paint

#teamFAKE yall

Yes, the most complicated scenario possible is the real one.

#teamOccam

Vena

Wow. This sounds impractical at best. The worst aspect of that control in the end is that people try to find ways to make it work like a normal controler with clumsy ways... And yet we still havent found a potential interesting use other than different layouts, which is gimmicky.

Oh I can think of a great use for this in MH, for instance:

Camera+Movement, dual control sticks.
Dodge -> click stick 1 or 2.
Inventory cycling -> moved to scroll wheel 1.
Inventory use -> click 1.
Weapon stance swaps -> moved to scroll wheel 2.
Weapon use -> click 2.
Target or target select, touch (as on MH4U).

MogCakes

Also notice the photographer was careful not to take any views of the shoulder buttons. The nub he refers to for scrolling/mouse functionality is hidden away, we're unable to view where the buttons meet the unit. Assuming it's a 3D printed model, it's likely all one mold, so the supposed shoulder buttons would be attached to it. Maybe he'll refine his model in Rhino 5 and print them separately next time, with the headline "For all the doubters out there ;)".

MrV4ltor

OK I GOT IT NOW

CONSPIRACY TIME

-white & black "devkit" leakers are the same dedicated faker
-3D print one white model, this one you cant fake the screen properly with since the material would shine through the glass, shop cropped UE4 demo screenshot into image
-Invent leaker one
-Paint it black, no need to shop a screenshot
-New photos, invent leaker two

this neatly also explains the "missing" mic hole on the black "devkit" - it got filled by paint

#teamFAKE yall

This actually seems like a great explanation.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
Personally I don't think any of these pics are fake, per se, they're just a very small part of a much bigger story.

Roll on E3.

Simbabbad

Nintendo Life says it's fake:

Occasional Nintendo Life contributor Liam Robertson has passed us some information from a source that has access to prototype hardware for the 'NX'. They've advised that the images 'aren't legit', and we're certainly inclined to have faith in that source. Of course, as is the nature with rumours they are all to be taken with a grain of salt.
Frankly, this goes so much against Nintendo, if I had to guess I'd say it's fake.

BahamutPT

What I mean is that what we should be concerning ourselves with mainly is the leaked pics and not rantings of people from the future

Well, I agree with that!

However, some people are taking this stuff waaaay too far and believing everything as if it was gospel.
But in reality this is still Nintendo Xrodinger

I don't care if it doesn't make sense in English. The X can be pronounced close to a "sch" in my language dammit! :p

Oh I can think of a great use for this in MH, for instance:

Camera+Movement, dual control sticks.
Dodge -> click stick 1 or 2.
Inventory cycling -> moved to scroll wheel 1.
Inventory use -> click 1.
Weapon stance swaps -> moved to scroll wheel 2.
Weapon use -> click 2.
Target or target select, touch (as on MH4U).

That sounds really bad :/
It's a shame because I was really hyped for the scroll wheel shoulder buttons. By the way, there's no running or strong/weak attack in your scheme ? Neither a shield one ?

This thread really made my day. I swear these months before a console launch are the best possible entertainment for any gamer. All the FUD, fakes and leaks are pure comedy gold. And GAF is the best community for the funny things in all of this.

I'm truly torn on this. On one hand, it would be so Nintendo to do whatever the fuck they want but on the other, one has to wonder how they want to play this after the Wii U. Do they continue to Nintendo and do the unexpected or do they go more traditional?

The more I think about the possibilities of this controller the more excited I get. I realize it may not have traditional face buttons but who knows whats underneath, plus its something new and interesting that should be held/used before passing judgement. I'm keeping an open mind, there's a lot to this thing (if real!) -- lets not forget 3D with face tracking could be a very cool feature as well - an exaggerated example...

TdJ6ZWd.gif

This is fantastic. A lot of neat possibilities here.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The more I think about the possibilities of this controller the more excited I get. I realize it may not have traditional face buttons but who knows whats underneath, plus its something new and interesting that should be held/used before passing judgement. I'm keeping an open mind, there's a lot to this thing (if real!) -- lets not forget 3D with face tracking could be a very cool feature as well - an exaggerated example...

TdJ6ZWd.gif

Excellent, now we're at "Yes, but what if HOLOGRAMS?!" bargaining and worse still, people just completely accepting it. Any good spin I guess.

I don't see Nintendo continuing their glassesless 3D stuff anymore, especially not on the proprietary oval screen tech which would be like some tripling effect on price.

Vena

That sounds really bad :/
It's a shame because I was really hyped for the scroll wheel shoulder buttons. By the way, there's no running or strong/weak attack in your scheme ? Neither a shield one ?

I wasn't trying to think up of every possibility on the spot, lol. Strong attack can be both triggers. Sheild can be a click-hold. And this all assumes that there's zero other physical inputs, which at this point is incredibly hard to gauge.

To me this sounds neat. /shrug

Kyzer

Banned
lmao people act like no one could ever build anything before a 3d printer. if you really think its faked its not necessary to have a 3d printer to build an object that doesnt do anything

DjRalford

My other half's dads dogs friends owners sisters partners aunts daughters partner tells me that this is the release version confirmed.

It comes with a Hey Arnold clip on grip

Excellent, now we're at "Yes, but what if HOLOGRAMS?!" bargaining and worse still, people just completely accepting it. Any good spin I guess.

I don't see Nintendo continuing their glassesless 3D stuff anymore, especially not on the proprietary oval screen tech which would be like some tripling effect on price.

Poster isn't saying there will be floating images above the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom