• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malus

Hmm. Did that video really prove anything? How do we know this is not a ninja at work? Just like how Trev is "busy" these days. I said from the start that I enjoy a good hoax, but something seems off here.

Trev disappearing all of a sudden only to make a video saying "everything's fine" is the work of a ninja. That vid Idriss2dev posted is the work of a clown lol.

TLZ

Banned
I do not think your reading comprehension is up to snuff. Your ability to be judgemental is quite well developed tho.

Are you talking to yourself?

The proof is right in front of you. If you choose to ignore then it's your problem, not mine. You're the one who will keeping falling for the same thing, again and again. Suit yourself.

I choose to keep my eyes open and unbiased, and judge based on what's presented right before me.

If you had a product with as much capital invested in it as Nintendo does in the NX wouldn't false info irritate you?

He should never had said anything. I sincerely think his post was the flashpoint in this entire discussion of starting to take the leak seriously. He even backed himself into a corner in which he had to follow up with an even more cryptic message to convey that he really didn't know if it was fake or not, but it was damaging nonetheless. But by then it was too late.

I also agree with the above sentiment that we should not begin a witch hunt. Like I said before, I don't envy these guys position of having to tiptoe across each of their posts in minefields like this.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Because everyone hears rumors about the next iPhone not having a headphone jack and become disinterested.

This is even worse for a company like Nintendo that usually isn't given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to hardware

Even if this wouldn't have been debunked now, if Nintendo would show in a month or at E3 a totally different controller nobody would have cared for this leak anymore. Nobody would see a controllers with buttons and go "I don't buy it because I believed one month ago that it has no face buttons".

This fake would be damaging only if vaguely resembles with the reality (which might still happen being based on an actual patent, but I doubt it now).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm gonna say that there's no way it's fake. Yes, it's entirely possible someone took the time to physically create this controller weeks after a previous leak... lol.

Yeah, it's real. Hell, it may be super early or a prototype. The RETAIL version could be different. It could even have buttons. But these images of the controller are real, there's no doubt in my mind. It looks like a Nintendo design IMO, and something they would do.

At this point I'm fully under the assumption that this is the real deal and what I expect to see for the most part.

lmao.

He should never had said anything. I sincerely think his post was the flashpoint in this entire discussion of starting to take the leak seriously. He even backed himself into a corner in which he had to follow up with an even more cryptic message to convey that he really didn't know if it was fake or not, but it was damaging nonetheless. But by then it was too late.

I also agree with the above sentiment that we should not begin a witch hunt. Like I said before, I don't envy these guys position of having to tiptoe across each of their posts in minefields like this.

OK, but I was just answering why somebody would be irritated by a fake.

2e 64 65 6b 6e 75 62 65 64 20 6e 65 65 62 20 65 76 61 68 20 74 27 6e 64 6c 75 6f 68 73 20 73 69 68 54
lol

I totally forgot about that.

About 3 or 4 people have utterly exposed themselves these past couple of days.

jE70OcT.gif

MESS

Kouriozan

What if the fake is based on what legit sources heard.
Or the ninjas got the leaker and forced him to say it's fake.
We conspiracy theory now.

You know, although my avi says #TeamReal if you've read my posts on this page I was truly on #TeamFake. Or #TeamDevilsAdvocate

So in my heart I was right. But on record?

I gleefully am wrong.

Blacklion

Fake ,,got me and that was Glorious.
and I'm Glad it's over.

Now back to really Important 1st world issues Like .... do i REALLY need Xenoblade chronicles in my Life?

Kouriozan

Just digged all my post in this thread, sad I didn't chose a side, playing it safe isn't fun.
Might be because the whole stuff was just crazy.

udivision

How stupid would a design need to be before the Nintendo faithful wouldn't defend it? Like... What's the threshold? No buttons and no sticks? Reverting back to the NES controller as a "return to simplicity"? I feel like there isn't a decision the company could make that wouldn't be defended.

I get the whole "they wouldn't do it if they didn't have a good reason" thing... But some things can be a bad idea from day one, no matter who is behind it.

I don't know, this whole thing has been eye opening.

How stupid would a design need to be before the Nintendo faithful wouldn't defend it? Like... What's the threshold? No buttons and no sticks? Reverting back to the NES controller as a "return to simplicity"? I feel like there isn't a decision the company could make that wouldn't be defended.

I get the whole "they wouldn't do it if they didn't have a good reason" thing... But some things can be a bad idea from day one, no matter who is behind it.

I think the Wii controller reveal and subsequent success had something to do with that cautiousness.

Malus

I'd still like this if it had physical buttons. If not on the face then somewhere on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom