• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Travelers 1 Out Now on PS4/5, Octopath Traveler 2 Out Now on Xbox and Xbox/PC Game Pass

Darsxx82

New Shadowdrop. It has become a routine every month on Gamepass.

Gamepass has had an excellent year and the feeling that it is going to get better..... It makes me think why they haven't waited for Sunday at the Showcase. Will there be more things from Square?

Mokus

A physical version with both games would be really nice. Actually they could call it "Sedecimpath edition".

The artwork they shared on Twitter for this release is gorgeous.

GPWi3cZa4AAIxJV

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
Source wikipedia

Sales​

Square Enix issued two apologies after many in Japan were unable to purchase a physical copy due to stock shortages the week, and the following week, of its release.[42] The game sold 188,238 physical copies within its first two months on sale in Japan, and placed at number one on the all-format sales chart.[43] By August 2018, the game had sold over a million copies worldwide.[44] As of March 2019, the combined physical and digital sales of the game have exceeded 1.5 million copies worldwide.[45][46] The PC version was among the best-selling new releases of the month on Steam.[47][c] Square Enix wrote in March 2020 that combined retail and digital sales of Octopath Traveler had surpassed two million copies.[49][50] As of February 2021, the combined physical and digital sales of the game have exceeded 2.5 million copies worldwide.[51] By September 2022, it was announced that the game had sold more than 3 million copies worldwide.[52]
So it sold quite well.

nikolino840

I have played the first on gamepass ... i like the game but quitted bc too many random fights...i can't go on the story if there's a fight at every step :(

MrA

I have the 2nd one unopened for Switch, is this one worth if after playing that one?
If you like the seconds gameplay, the first is similar experience but with a generally lighter story, so both are greater if you like one

A physical version with both games would be really nice. Actually they could call it "Sedecimpath edition".
If they did another collector's edition on pair with the first's id happily pay a premium price
, came with an pop up book

Phobos Base

I'm playing through OT1 on the Switch at the moment and am rather enjoying it, so will try 2 once I've finished that. I'm liking the art style, characters and battle system. Only real complaint it some of the boss battles really drag on, which I hope they've fixed for the sequel

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Is Octo 1 worth a spin or just wait for the sequel? I've read mixed reviews on 1, but glowingly positive on 2.
Honestly OT1 really grabbed me in the beginning but I got bored to death by the time I reached the chapter 2s, and that seems like a pretty common sentiment.

Haven’t played 2 yet, but the fans insist that it made big improvements over 1

Woopah

I haven't played it yet but I gotta imagine fundamentals are the same as the first game.
Fundamentals are the same, but they've built on it in fun ways.
I'm playing through OT1 on the Switch at the moment and am rather enjoying it, so will try 2 once I've finished that. I'm liking the art style, characters and battle system. Only real complaint it some of the boss battles really drag on, which I hope they've fixed for the sequel
Some later in the game can drag, but if you go with the right strategy you can do some pretty crazy high damage and get past them.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Honestly OT1 really grabbed me in the beginning but I got bored to death by the time I reached the chapter 2s, and that seems like a pretty common sentiment.

Haven’t played 2 yet, but the fans insist that it made big improvements over 1
Theyre similar but 2 has better characters which goes a long way.

Mercador

For those who played the second one, which is the best start? I've played the first one until Act 3 when it became a chore to continue so I never finished it but I hear good things about the second one. It's totally my style, from my book, FFVI was the best game of the SNES era so I love that 2DHD move from Square Enix.

Excellent. Just started downloading Octopath Traveler 2 for my XSX. And when it goes cheap, I'll get a physical copy for one of the other systems (for posterity) since it doesn't look like PC or Xbox will have a physical release.

Labadal

For those who played the second one, which is the best start? I've played the first one until Act 3 when it became a chore to continue so I never finished it but I hear good things about the second one. It's totally my style, from my book, FFVI was the best game of the SNES era so I love that 2DHD move from Square Enix.
I started out with the thief characters in both games, and I am happy with my choice.

Top Bottom