• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey funds white-supremacist/misogynistic/anti-lgbt harassment group

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm not even going to point it out lol.

You should read the Constitution and Washington's final address.
So much ignorance and misinformed stupidity in this thread re: the Constitution.

If you have an argument to make, make it. If you don't, then don't post. Do you really think posting just to say that you know better than everyone but you're not going to explain why is worthwhile?

DryvBy

Has there been any response from FB or Palmer?

He's gone, Ted.

rocket.jpg

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
actually the link for the cached page comes from the article in the op

I couldn't find it. I still can't find it in the OP but your link for the cached page was what I was looking for.

l await to see Palmers response to all this.

I wont lie this has frankly put me off Oculus Rift, I fully expect Facebook will look to remove him if this blows up even further.

They cannot possibly ignore it.

megalowho

I really don't see Palmer getting fired from Facebook for this, not sure why that narrative is taking hold. They'll force him to hire public relations and tell him to stay the fuck off Reddit at best.

Peltz

If you have an argument to make, make it. If you don't, then don't post. Do you really think posting just to say that you know better than everyone but you're not going to explain why is worthwhile?

To be fair, that is the basis of Trump's entire platform and success to this point: Not actually making any real arguments or backing up his vague statements.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I really don't see Palmer getting fired from Facebook for this, not sure why that narrative is taking hold. They'll force him to hire public relations and tell him to stay the fuck off Reddit at best.

Would you keep on an employee that is the face of the product if he was linked to terrible things?

jacobeid

Banned

I'm at work on mobile and can't type lengthy replies. I already told them to read the Constitution and Washington's final address.

The insistence that the Consitution has anything to do with the two-party system is just wrong. We had an 'Era of Good Feelings' beginning in 1816 under Monroe whose ultimate goal was to eliminate parties altogether.

The two-party system emerged from a variety of factors. Blaming it on the Constitution is extremely limited.

Edit: Sorry I was harsh everyone. I shouldn't have been so pejorative. Happy to continue this discussion at a later point with anyone once I'm at a place where I'm not typing on an iPhone 5 with a broken screen >.<

Peltz

It's not that he's supporting an already unpopular republican candidate. I doubt you'd see the level of outrage we are seeing here based on that alone (even though you'd assuredly see some and it would be deserved in my opinion).

It's the shitposting aspect that throws it over the top.

IlGialloMondadori

Gold Member
It's not that he's supporting an already unpopular republican candidate. I doubt you'd see the level of outrage we are seeing here based on that alone (even though you'd assuredly see some and it would be deserved in my opinion).

Shitposting and ties to white supremacy and hateful racists like the Breitbart crew and his girlfriend .

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

If he doesn't leave Oculus, a shit load of developers are going to stop supporting the platform.

Many are waiting for Facebook/Oculus to respond before announcing they are leaving.

IlGialloMondadori

Gold Member
The problem here is not just that he's a racist bag of dicks, but that he's a complete moron and proudly told everyone about his idiocy and his master idiotic plans. Would you employ someone that stupid? Would you want them guiding any direction in your company?

mike6467

I mean, how useful is he to Facebook at this point? Is he giving them anything worthwhile? I think he should be gone either way, but the only way they don't get rid of him here is if he's got something irreplaceable to offer. His face/name being strongly associated with Oculus is not that something.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

It's the racist motivation thats unacceptable.

He supports an organisation that was started by mods who support racist memes.
His girlfriend tweets racist shite which he also publicly supports.

He's a racist.

I can't see how FB can still employ him unless I've got the above wrong.

Expecting something along the lines of "Mr. Luckey said, "I am leaving on my terms and I wish everyone at Facebook and Oculus well with the continued rollout of the platform and the upcoming release of Touch.""

I certainly expect zero apology as it's not like he's going to announce he's going to rehab, he just got got with his actual views.

Ethelwulf

Expecting something along the lines of "Mr. Luckey said, "I am leaving on my terms and I wish everyone at Facebook and Oculus well with the continued rollout of the platform and the upcoming release of Touch.""

I certainly expect zero apology as it's not like he's going to announce he's going to rehab, he just got got with his actual views.

That's exactly hows is going to be.

megalowho

Would you keep on an employee that is the face of the product if he was linked to terrible things?
Getting unmasked as a manchild funding ugly political activism is an excuse to cut someone loose if they wanted to, but if he's integral to the company I would expect it to hinge on how the internal conversations go and how business partners react. Glad to see a statement is being issued at least, so we'll see where they stand publicly.

Aske

Initially I wondered if this was a "for the lulz" thing, which I have less of a problem with philosophically. To be clear, I'm not okay with it; but I'm much less disgusted by Trump supporters who are so disenfranchised that they just want to shake things up, or break themselves out of some kind of political ennui. If there are enough people like that in society to make a difference to the democratic process, that's a social problem that needs to be recognised and addressed. But nope: he's clearly a dyed-in-the-wool Trump supporter who believes in the man's policies and subscribes to the same perverse philosophy. Gross.

Top Bottom