• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official April 2008 NPD thread of massive disappointment if you're not Nintendo

angelfly

Oh Shit :lol Nintendo continues it's worldwide domination. I would never have expected PS3 and 360 numbers to be so low.

squicken said:
GTA4 isn't attracting existing PS2 owners into this gen. They are either Wii only or still waiting on price drop.

Man, these numbers are depressing. It's becoming increasingly clear the market can't support two core gamer systems. Going into next gen, I hope Sony and MS join forces. Let it be:

Nintendo=casual and nintendo games

Sony/MS=real games

Yeah right.

MS and Sony are going to destroy each other if they don't try and follow Nintendo next generation.

Kildace

$350+ consoles do horribly during a time of economic slowdown. Who would have thought. Good job squandering what could have been a stunning victory over the PS3 by not dropping the price, MS. That added $50 revenue per console sold was really worth it ...

wow....neck and neck for ps3 and 360, that's what i like to see.

looking at the top 10 and keeping install bases in mind, is it fair to say that gta4 was more successful on ps3 than 360?

Sharp

Odysseus said:
go ahead and order your "odysseus was right" t-shirts
I'm signing up for one right now. Wow... I wish I hadn't promised dammitmatt not to change my mind back after I saw the European numbers and decided GTA4 might well have a shot of getting 4-6 million in its first week. But I did.

Also, NPD title should read "Nintendo and Take 2" since it's still nearly 3 million in one week.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Microsoft probably went and bought about 10,000 360's so they could release the "continues to outsell PS3" statements

szaromir

Banned
That is terrible news for PS360.

And I do hope that all these "GTA is teh Playstation franchise, it'll move so much more PS3s than 360s" are enjoying their crow.

Remy

And the weird thing is, given the number on the top, this is a significant increase YOY dollar wise for the industry.

Oh, April, you so crazy!

Mrbob

Wow.

Pathetic PS3 and 360 numbers with the release of the "biggest game this generation".

GTA4 was not a system seller for either platform it seems. Amazing.

[Nintex]

Wow, the HD consoles need a price drop that's the only thing that could work at this point. Although it didn't help the 360 in Europe...

GhaleonEB

Microsoft and Sony should be scared shitless at those PS3 and 360 numbers. I think it's hard to make the argument that the Wii isn't eating their lunch now.

Oh My Fucking God. :lol .And this is with Wii Fit still coming up next month ? This is going to be a slaughter...Wait, like it isn't one already !

Top Bottom