• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

Great idea, didn't know about this thread, so i've just asked on the other one but i'll repost here "can someone gift me Max Payne 2? my CC is getting declined :( i'll paypal ASAP"
Thank you Speculawyer

Kerrinck

I feel like I am doing this for every rockstar deal, at least this is the last rockstar game I need besides San Andreas.
Can someone help me on getting Max Payne 2? Will paypal in advance.

scitek

Gexecuter said:
Gaffer Scitek helped me get the GTA pack, he didn't even wait for me to gift him the 10 dollar game. Thank you Scitek, you're awesome!

Deal woulda ended, and Shatter is fucking awesome. :lol But you're welcome!:D

Puck

Banned
wormstrangler said:
You guys know you can buy from other regions using the UK, US and AU stores, right?

Just send a support email to Steam asking for them to unlock your CC and they'll do it. Well, they have for 5+ people I know about.
I don't think so

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brain_stew said:
Be sure to provide feedback as well people as the last thing we want is people to get scammed.

I was about to come in here and say something about this. It's a good idea, but risking your account on GAF/internet isn't something I recommend, even if it's to get around pricing errors/price-hikes for the various regions. :/

*sigh* If only Steam did PSN/XBL-style point cards in various regions, would solve the "giving your account information" issue

Slavik81

AnkhWeasel said:
Possibly. It may also demonstrate that there is global interest in their games, and that they should at the very least try to make them available to all markets - particularly when it's not even a matter of languages.
I'd agree with that. I could see availability increasing, but you'd probably still get screwed on prices. Lack of availability can be explained by apathy, rather than concerted decision.

Anyways, good luck to you.

Dead Man

Great idea. I am not buying any more games for another 6 weeks, but I'll certainly be looking those pages over when I am.
Slavik81 said:
This might not necessarily help you. The more visible this becomes, the more the publishers for your regions will complain, and the sooner you'll see an end to cross-region gifting.
Maybe, but that would really only put most people back where they were before. And show how greedy and hypocritical the pubs that did that were. It's okay for them to take advantage of a global economy, but not consumers? Fuck that noise.

Puck

Banned
TheSeks said:
I was about to come in here and say something about this. It's a good idea, but risking your account on GAF/internet isn't something I recommend, even if it's to get around pricing errors/price-hikes for the various regions. :/
To be honest, this isn't a new thing to happen on Gaf. This cross-region gifting has been going on for years, now it has a proper audience.

Puck said:
I don't think so

I think so.

I've purchased several games from different regions over the last 6 months. My latest purchase was L4D2 from the UK store last week (I'm in Australia). This enabled me to get the uncensored version.

TheSeks said:

*sigh* If only Steam did PSN/XBL-style point cards in various regions, would solve the "giving your account information" issue

What account information do you have to give? Heck you don't even need to know the person's Steam username, you can send gifts to any email address.

deleted

Can anyone gift me Max Payne 2? Like always, germany doesn´t get the good deals :(
Will paypal you the money. My e-mail is in my profil or PM me for details.

Dead Man

wormstrangler said:
I think so.

I've purchased several games from different regions over the last 6 months. My latest purchase was L4D2 from the UK store last week (I'm in Australia). This enabled me to get the uncensored version.
Interesting. What exactly do you need to request?

idahoblue said:
Interesting. What exactly do you need to request?

Hi,

I have an Australian VISA, but cannot purchase from the UK store - Says my card was declined by my bank. Could you please help me out?

Regards,
Me

2 « Message by Steam on Sat, 10th Mar 2010 11:47 am »
Hello You,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records indicate that your purchase was declined due to your current IP address differing from what is on file with your billing information.

We have removed the lock on your account - you will now be able to purchase additional subscriptions.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if you encounter any further difficulty.

Doing some reading, some people are saying they aren't unlocking accounts anymore either, but give it a try.

what i want : left 4 dead 2 uncut

what you get : fallen earth code (i won this fallout-like-mmo but i dont want to play it)

what you save: 10$

pm me if somebody want to trade

Dead Man

wormstrangler said:
Hi,

I have an Australian VISA, but cannot purchase from the UK store - Says my card was declined by my bank. Could you please help me out?

Regards,
Me

2 « Message by Steam on Sat, 10th Mar 2010 11:47 am »
Hello You,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records indicate that your purchase was declined due to your current IP address differing from what is on file with your billing information.

We have removed the lock on your account - you will now be able to purchase additional subscriptions.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if you encounter any further difficulty.

Doing some reading, some people are saying they aren't unlocking accounts anymore either, but give it a try.
Worth a shot, thanks.

Rahk

I've also bought several games from the US/UK store using my Australian debit card. It was never locked though, so I haven't had to send an email asking them to unlock it or anything.

I hate to be the guy asking for favours over and over again, but unfortunately Rockstar seem to make it necessary.

If there's any chance a kind person could buy me Midnight Club 2, I would shower them with praise and about $2.50.

legend166

LQX said:
I'm down if anyone needs help. But please be sure. Last time I bought some dude a PS3 code from Amazon only to have him change his mind.

Just quote then PM.

Just want to say thanks to LQX for gifting me the GTA Pack. He made it with 2 minutes to spare.

Salsa

AnkhWeasel said:
I hate to be the guy asking for favours over and over again, but unfortunately Rockstar seem to make it necessary.

If there's any chance a kind person could buy me Midnight Club 2, I would shower them with praise and about $2.50.

Same!! would really apreciate this.

Great thread man

Guys I need help getting the GTAIV sale cause is not available in my region.
I'm willing to send the money over paypal before purchase.
Please PM me. I'll apreciate this.

PS: Steam ID: DisenLedZep

Ledsen

Sooo... I'm a bad, bad man. I'm thinking about getting the Rockstar pack even though I acted all high and mighty in the Steam thread about not succumbing to the Steam Sale fever... if a US GAF:er volunteers to buy it for me (I'll send the money via PayPal) I think I'll buy it... so if you want a man to fall deeper into the pits of backlog hell... then by all means, help me!

My Steam name is...

Nevvermore

:(

benita

Banned
I posted in the steam thread and only just found this one.

Could someone in the US gift me MW2 to avoid the ridiculous Australian price?

I can paypal immediately.

benita

Banned
Benita said:
I posted in the steam thread and only just found this one.

Could someone in the US gift me MW2 to avoid the ridiculous Australian price?

I can paypal immediately.
f

bump :(

pilonv1

Would someone be able to help me out with Alpha Protocol? I'd love to get it but I don't want to pay the US$20 tax for being Australian. Can pay pal funds immediately.

Would prefer a UK person since that would save me another $10, but either US/UK is fine, just don't want to pay $70.

2m44mfr.png

Shaneus

Is anybody interested (of course you are!) in gifting me Mass Effect 2 during the EA Steam sale today from the US? The AU sale price is $47US while I think the US one is about $25US? Can pay immediately via whatever means necessary, just needs to be done while the sale is on. Ta :)

Wallach

Shaneus said:
Is anybody interested (of course you are!) in gifting me Mass Effect 2 during the EA Steam sale today from the US? The AU sale price is $47US while I think the US one is about $25US? Can pay immediately via whatever means necessary, just needs to be done while the sale is on. Ta :)

I can get you. Hit me up with a PM when you are ready (PayPal).

Shaneus

Smooth sailing with Wallach and ME2... just be aware, folks: if you're using a @gmail account to receive games, make sure you check your spam folder!

Rahk

If anyone from the US is still awake and willing to gift an Australian Mass Effect 2 before the sale ends I'd appreciate it. I'll pay by PayPal.

Wallach

Rahk said:
If anyone from the US is still awake and willing to gift an Australian Mass Effect 2 before the sale ends I'd appreciate it. I'll pay by PayPal.

Yeah, I can take care of one more person tonight. Hit me up via PM when you are ready.

Edit - I'll be up for a while longer actually so if anyone else wants to get in on that sale before it's over (you have about 6.5 hours before the sale expires), just PM me.

Ledsen

Anyone in the UK willing to gift me Dragon Age (normal version)? I'd pay you by PayPal and be very grateful :D

I bought an extra copy of Burnout because i thought it came with the Island :lol. First to PM me their Steam ID gets it.

I'll send it to you when I get home in 6 hours.

EDIT: Taken.

Shaneus

Putting the call in here too... is anyone willing to gift a US L4D2? Australian copy is heavily censored :( Doesn't have to be a 4-pack. Ta :)

TheFury

Hey everyone. I'm also a poor soul looking to get the superior version of L4D2. Can anyone from the US help me out and gift it to me? I have paypal ready to go. It would be much appreciated.

Salsa

Might as well post this here:

Kind of a stretch here, but if someone bought a gift copy of Counter Strike: Source when it was on sale and hold on to it, pm me and ill buy for 7 bucks or a bit more. Regret on the non-buy and wanting to give it a try.

If anyone wants to browse other regions stores, you can add ?cc=XX to the end of a url, where XX is an abbreviation for your country:

USA: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us
UK: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=gb
AUS: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=au

I am interested in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum which is unavailable in my region (UK).

If any USers are planning on buying anything ~$10 or so and would like to buy RCT3 and gift it to me, I'll happily buy what they actually wanted and gift it right back in a straight up trade.

I bought a L4D2 four pack and have one copy to gift. I'm in Europe so the price is higher then for the US guys. The copy will run you 7,65 euro transferred to my paypal account.

PM if interested.

[edit]Did "business" with thy_ and it worked like a charm[/edit]

Top Bottom